Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PhD - Swiss School of Business Research?
While I have a provisional acceptance and am looking to start in 2024 (after my DHA @ VUL), I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with SSBR.
Completed

Doctor of Healthcare Administration, Virginia University of Lynchburg, 2023
MBA, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
Master in Business & Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
DiMAP, Diploma in Modern Applied Psychology, Academy of Modern Applied Psychology

In Progress

Master of Arts in Church Leadership, Regent University - School of Divinity
Master's in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB 
Master's in Human Resources Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in Big Data & Business Intelligence, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, TESU or Excelsior University 

Are you consdering some other alternatives at this point?
(10-10-2023, 10:13 PM)MrPanda Wrote: Are you consdering some other alternatives at this point?

No, not really. Just seeing if others have experience with them. I've already informed them I'm completing a DHA and will transfer credits to SSBR. My only contention would be the price: over $11,000 USD when I already have a doctorate coming this December 2023. I do like their PhD by Portfolio option. Just testing the waters to see if others have looked into them.
Completed

Doctor of Healthcare Administration, Virginia University of Lynchburg, 2023
MBA, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
Master in Business & Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
DiMAP, Diploma in Modern Applied Psychology, Academy of Modern Applied Psychology

In Progress

Master of Arts in Church Leadership, Regent University - School of Divinity
Master's in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB 
Master's in Human Resources Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in Big Data & Business Intelligence, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, TESU or Excelsior University 

That's the Swiss Diploma mill they had a blast with over on reddit. From what i know the owner/dean claims to have a Phd from the University of Zagreb (while there is no hit for his name in the public Academic repository from the Croatian higher academic registry). Also the subject he list he wrote the phd (according to his linkedin) is Prevention regarding post COVID, from back in 2019 per his Linkedin.

And yes SSBR is not accredited in Swiss for higher education by the Ministry;
https://www.swissuniversities.ch/en/topi...itutions-1
https://akkreditierungsrat.ch/entscheide/
They aren't really connected with the schools they claim they are. They use and advertise names they're not connected to, and use the same professors as other diploma mills.

The owner aka dean attacks anyone who does criticism and threatens them. He uses his personal bank account to receive payments for everything.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
Hmm, Basically... SSBR has been talked about before on the board (and sister board), they're not really recommended at the cost of $11K Euro for their Doctoral degree, as they're on the same level as EIU (European International University) - With a scholarship, it can be just $5K Euro or PUIE (Paris University of International Education) with PhD in Business, Education, or Law at $6500 Euro. Accreditation and recognition are the two major issues...

Even though Validential has favorable equivalencies for these three institutions and they're going for or have ACBSP Membership, it's different than ACBSP Accredited programs... If you want an education similar to ENEB just to fill knowledge or learning gaps, it's up to you to decide if these or the cheaper Mexican or Spanish options are better, if you're looking into having a well rounded education that's more recognized, then I suggest going elsewhere.

My suggestion is, if you're looking at the DBA, see if the UCAM/Athena (Westford) option is good for you at $14K USD. If you're looking for the ED Educational Leadership, then go for Acacia University, it's for $15K USD but they're Nationally Accredited and was just recently purchased by Westford Education Group.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
There are valid Swiss accredited private business schools, the newly Swiss Business School (SBS) and Swiss UMEF (thoe they do not hold DBA programs) and we will see what IMD will do. Now that they are in possession of the AAQ accreditation, they might broaden their scope to DBA's.
I wouldn't recommend Swiss School of Business Research if you want the equivalent of a regionally accredited degree. They had initially been partnering with a WES-approved European school that awards their own degree but this school never made this public nor is it promoted on the SSBR website anymore. I would inquire with SSBR about this dual award with this accredited partner school first to see if it still exists. If it doesn't, SSBR degree alone would essentially be legal but non-accredited with no recognition that would equate to regional accreditation. If you are ok with a Validential credential evaluation giving SSBR full recognition equivalency and are not needing a NACES evaluator, you will be fine.
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management
(10-10-2023, 10:01 PM)michaeladsmith2 Wrote: While I have a provisional acceptance and am looking to start in 2024 (after my DHA @ VUL), I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with SSBR.

For those who are interested in the program at VUL (DHA), the application deadline for Spring is December 1. And a note about the tuition, it was $15K, then bumped up to $18K, now it's sitting at $19.5K... there has been a slight increase each time we look at them... They're still NA with TRACS, I don't know if they're going for RA as I mentioned in a previous post (I thought I read somewhere they were...they may still be though, who knows).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I contacted Swiss School of Business Research about their dual doctorate programs. They are still offering the dual degree. The dual degree is available for the DBA and the traditional PhD program. However, it is not available for the PhD by Portfolio program. This dual degree is with Horizons University and has an additional cost of €1,900. I see that Horizons University is accredited by the ACBSP and is also recognized by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research. I'm not sure if this makes them equivalent to a regionally accredited school here in the US but if it does, SSBR's PhD/DBA programs with the Horizons University partnership for a dual award would be a great option for an affordable doctorate degree in business.

The dual doctorate degrees are mentioned on the following page although the partner school is unnamed.
https://ssbr-edu.ch/ssbr-offers-universi...e-degrees/
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBA from Prague University of Economics and Business, 15k Euro durain 6 930 03-17-2024, 12:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  PhD for as little as $1290,66 p/a at a top 150 school. Personherebb9 44 6,900 01-25-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Tireman4
  International Business Academy of Scandinavia DBA adrian052 4 594 01-10-2024, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Online MS Biological Sciences - 8 Months - Automatic Admission to Medical School Captainrekt000 4 579 12-07-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Spain Inter-University Doctoral Programme in Business & Management durain 3 811 11-14-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Has anyone tried esneca business school? aquickquestion 8 1,845 10-06-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  ESC Clermont Business School DBA durain 9 1,726 08-02-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: durain
  University of Jamestown - Ph.D. in Clinical Research bjcheung77 0 620 06-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accounting DBA / Global Business Recommendation SomeRandomAccountant 6 1,237 02-05-2023, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  EdS/Phd Hybrid/Online School Psychology programs? nyvrem 7 2,343 09-02-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: allvia