Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Happy with the Situation in Texas
Even as an enlisted man on the retired list, I will forever be part of the Naval Forces of the United States. I hate seeing our federal  law enforcement personnel and military personnel getting conflicting orders.

As an enlisted man, my oath is to obey the orders of the President and those appointed over me.

It's different and perhaps more complicated for federal civilians and commissioned officers. Their oath is to the Constitution "I was only following orders," cannot be an affirmative defense for civilians and commissioned officers. 

Though philosophically, I agree with Governor Abbott. I fault him. We have been here and done this before. See Arizona v. United States.

What is the remedy? 

Perhaps the Legislative Branch along with Judiciary can check the power of the Executive Branch.

Elections have consequences. Many things will change, should President Trump again become our President.
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charles Fout's post:
  • Dr_Chirp
(01-27-2024, 12:19 PM)Charles Fout Wrote: Even as an enlisted man on the retired list, I will forever be part of the Naval Forces of the United States. I hate seeing our federal  law enforcement personnel and military personnel getting conflicting orders.

As an enlisted man, my oath is to obey the orders of the President and those appointed over me.

It's different and perhaps more complicated for federal civilians and commissioned officers. Their oath is to the Constitution "I was only following orders," cannot be an affirmative defense for civilians and commissioned officers. 

Though philosophically, I agree with Governor Abbott. I fault him. We have been here and done this before. See Arizona v. United States.

What is the remedy? 

Perhaps the Legislative Branch along with Judiciary can check the power of the Executive Branch.

Elections have consequences. Many things will change, should President Trump again become our President.

These federal officials swear an oath to the Constitution of the United States. Additionally, there are laws in place that clearly state it is illegal to enter the United States without going through the legal process, such as obtaining a visa.

We have a president, one individual, who ignores the law.

These individuals are akin to software hackers, constantly attempting to find loopholes in the Constitution and the rule of law to promote their own ideologies. Take, for example, the case of the New Mexico governor who woke up one morning and decided to ban guns. We also have district attorneys who are unilaterally choosing not to prosecute crimes.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • dewisant, NotJoeBiden
Never Trump. Please dear lord, don’t make us suffer through four years of that horrible man.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 4 users Like Vle045's post:
  • mohelena02, NotJoeBiden, rachel83az, ss20ts
(01-27-2024, 08:44 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Never Trump. Please dear lord, don’t make us suffer through four years of that horrible man.

Russia didn't attack anyone while Trump was president even though democrats kept saying Trump was in Russia's pocket         

Remember ISIS ?                   
Remember them driving around in their brand new Toyota Trucks ?
Trump became president and somehow ISIS disappeared.

Middle East while Trump was president ?             
https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/bri...ael-sudan/

now look at the middle east with Biden as president

Remember how Eric Adams (the mayor of NYC) referred to Trump as a racist and xenophobe for his immigration policies ? 

look at what Adams says now            

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/07/nyreg...y-nyc.html
"In Escalation, Adams Says Migrant Crisis ‘Will Destroy New York City’

In provocative remarks at a town hall meeting, Mayor Eric Adams said that he did not 'see an ending' to the migrant crisis and renewed his push for federal help."

and let's not forget all the lies an propaganda from democrats                   
https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-joy-reid-vaccine

Trump was a great president               
and if the democrats hadn't forced the country to shut down, and facebook and twitter and wikipedia hadn't pushed propaganda
then the economy would never have tanked and Trump would have been easily re-elected

but you keep believing orange man bad                 
the fact is liberals and the left media were never going to forgive Trump from beating "the chosen one" (clinton)               
they were going to do their best to get revenge on him no matter what

I won't vote for Trump because he is too old, but I would love to see him get elected just to see the heads explode of all the democrats

https://youtu.be/LonlRpDPAiQ?si=kBYRXxBgaLVcN-Ml&t=104

it would be GLORIOUS
[-] The following 2 users Like bluebooger's post:
  • dewisant, Sdecker
For what it's worth, the Senate is expected to unveil a border bill this week, and Biden reportedly said he would agree to some type of bill.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/28/politics/...index.html

I don't know why Republicans in the House are incapable of coming up with their own bill as well.

Reportedly, as many as 700,000 truckers will be heading to the border, so things are going to get politically messy soon.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
And that's one reason I don't even watch anything in regards to politics, everything is messy, government agencies need to be accountable for their own departments and divisions. Federal, State, Municipal laws should be made more clear and strict, people also need to follow these as well. Here's an example, pre-pay for gas, so there is no more 'gas-and-dash' anymore in each and every state... People carry their credit cards and/or cash in the wallet, just pay for X amount and you get charged up to that amount...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Dr_Chirp, mohelena02
(01-27-2024, 11:58 PM)bluebooger Wrote:
(01-27-2024, 08:44 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Never Trump. Please dear lord, don’t make us suffer through four years of that horrible man.

Russia didn't attack anyone while Trump was president even though democrats kept saying Trump was in Russia's pocket         

Remember ISIS ?                   
Remember them driving around in their brand new Toyota Trucks ?
Trump became president and somehow ISIS disappeared.

Middle East while Trump was president ?             
https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/bri...ael-sudan/

now look at the middle east with Biden as president

Remember how Eric Adams (the mayor of NYC) referred to Trump as a racist and xenophobe for his immigration policies ? 

look at what Adams says now            

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/07/nyreg...y-nyc.html
"In Escalation, Adams Says Migrant Crisis ‘Will Destroy New York City’

In provocative remarks at a town hall meeting, Mayor Eric Adams said that he did not 'see an ending' to the migrant crisis and renewed his push for federal help."

and let's not forget all the lies an propaganda from democrats                   
https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-joy-reid-vaccine

Trump was a great president               
and if the democrats hadn't forced the country to shut down, and facebook and twitter and wikipedia hadn't pushed propaganda
then the economy would never have tanked and Trump would have been easily re-elected

but you keep believing orange man bad                 
the fact is liberals and the left media were never going to forgive Trump from beating "the chosen one" (clinton)               
they were going to do their best to get revenge on him no matter what

I won't vote for Trump because he is too old, but I would love to see him get elected just to see the heads explode of all the democrats

https://youtu.be/LonlRpDPAiQ?si=kBYRXxBgaLVcN-Ml&t=104

it would be GLORIOUS

SNL predicted this back in 2015
https://www.tiktok.com/@banana_n_chips1/...8136220974
Controversial opinion, but I think supporting the guy who tried to overthrow the government is bad.
-
Joe
[-] The following 4 users Like NotJoeBiden's post:
  • CatsDomino, Jonathan Whatley, mohelena02, OldLadyScholar
(01-30-2024, 11:11 PM)NotJoeBiden Wrote: Controversial opinion, but I think supporting the guy who tried to overthrow the government is bad.

[Image: EmAZ_R-WkAIh5aj?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

Which of the two do you imply?  Huh
Sophia - 43 cr | CompTIA Sec+ | AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner | on way to UMPI BABA PM&IS

(01-30-2024, 11:42 PM)berlinerd Wrote:
(01-30-2024, 11:11 PM)NotJoeBiden Wrote: Controversial opinion, but I think supporting the guy who tried to overthrow the government is bad.

[Image: EmAZ_R-WkAIh5aj?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

Which of the two do you imply?  Huh

Both Trump and Biden votes went up when that data was released, Biden just had a larger jump because the constituents were more democrat in that part of the ballots they counted. This is very basic stuff.

It must take alot of cognitive dissonance to support a candidate who is against higher education, defunding school, and promoting predqtory for profit schools while also being a member of a forum dedicated to getting affordable, quality college education.

-
Joe
-
Joe
[-] The following 1 user Likes NotJoeBiden's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Commencement speech at the University of Texas is the best one of all time! Life Long Learning 1 2,022 06-28-2017, 12:50 AM
Last Post: originalamyj
  Texas A&M Corpus Christi Military e-Line Nursing Program sanantone 3 3,023 06-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Happy Veteran's Day jmeitrem 1 1,227 11-11-2016, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Mamasaphire
  Happy Birthday USMC ShotoJuku 3 1,416 11-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  Texas Veterans - Hazlewood Act OneDayDegree 2 1,760 02-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Last Post: OneDayDegree
  Happy Memorial Day! blu2blu 1 1,174 05-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Sunshine
  Happy 234th Birthday Marines!! ShotoJuku 5 1,631 11-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Last Post: koichi