Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Happy with the Situation in Texas
Texas National Guard flies ‘Come and Take It’ flag amid dispute with feds
https://www.newsweek.com/texas-national-...er-1865588

[Image: GFH23UoXkAAyYx-?format=png&name=small]
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Speaking for myself, I did a deployment to the Texas border in 2022 with the Coast Guard. Our task was to provide logistical and admin support the border patrol and we were not directly in a law enforcement posture ourselves. We were constantly intercepting drugs, weapons, individuals with Interpol warrants et cetera...I was proud of the work my group did and even volunteered to redeploy in the beginning of 2023... The mission was cancelled shortly afterwards however. I look at what we did then, and I am nothing short of livid over the current abject failure of our national leadership. The President, VP (as the "border czar") Secdef, SecState, and SecDHS should all be impeached.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FireMedic_Philosopher's post:
  • Charles Fout
(02-27-2024, 09:18 PM)FireMedic_Philosopher Wrote: Speaking for myself, I did a deployment to the Texas border in 2022 with the Coast Guard. Our task was to provide logistical and admin support the border patrol and we were not directly in a law enforcement posture ourselves. We were constantly intercepting drugs, weapons, individuals with Interpol warrants et cetera...I was proud of the work my group did and even volunteered to redeploy in the beginning of 2023... The mission was cancelled shortly afterwards however. I look at what we did then, and I am nothing short of livid over the current abject failure of our national leadership.

Important work. Thank you.

(02-27-2024, 09:18 PM)FireMedic_Philosopher Wrote: The President, VP (as the "border czar") Secdef, SecState, and SecDHS should all be impeached.

That's not the national leadership that changed between 2022 and 2023. Your important, and expensive rightly so compared to not being deployed, mission was funded when the blue party had a trifecta. But in late 2022 the red party took over the House and applied most of their energy remaining after fighting among themselves toward cutting spending and obstructing spending activities. Shortly thereafter your mission was cut.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • NotJoeBiden, rachel83az
I think this is the first time I've seen the Military sub-forum turn political. It's normally focused on degrees and earning credits. Some of the Trump supporters on this board are intent on being divisive wherever they can.

There's talk, and there's action. Obama and Biden deported more people than Trump did. Those arrested at the border were also more likely to be released under Trump than under the current administration.

https://www.cato.org/blog/new-data-show-...rump-biden
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 4 users Like sanantone's post:
  • indigoshuffle, NotJoeBiden, OldLadyScholar, rachel83az
(02-28-2024, 03:44 PM)sanantone Wrote: I think this is the first time I've seen the Military sub-forum turn political. It's normally focused on degrees and earning credits. Some of the Trump supporters on this board are intent on being divisive wherever they can.

There's talk, and there's action. Obama and Biden deported more people than Trump did. Those arrested at the border were also more likely to be released under Trump than under the current administration.

Perhaps we can agree on this: It is an awful thing for our Military (Texas National Guard, in this case) to be put at cross purposes with our federal civilian law enforcement. 

That this is the current situation is simply a fact.

Discussing this situation is not an anchluss of this sub-forum

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/01/12/...agle-pass/
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)
The Supreme Court just said that Texas can arrest illegal immigrants, making it a state crime to cross the border illegally.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...gally.html

#BidensBorderBloodbath

[Image: GJDhHhNWgAAD2Wk?format=jpg&name=small]
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Charles Fout
(02-28-2024, 03:44 PM)sanantone Wrote: Those arrested at the border were also more likely to be released under Trump than under the current administration.

Nice selective statistics.  Now let us know what you aren't telling us fools.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old Guy's post:
  • LevelUP
(03-25-2024, 09:29 AM)Old Guy Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 03:44 PM)sanantone Wrote: Those arrested at the border were also more likely to be released under Trump than under the current administration.

Nice selective statistics.  Now let us know what you aren't telling us fools.

What is wrong with those statistics? You just dont like them?

-
Joe the engineer
-
Joe
[-] The following 1 user Likes NotJoeBiden's post:
  • rachel83az
(02-28-2024, 03:44 PM)sanantone Wrote: I think this is the first time I've seen the Military sub-forum turn political. It's normally focused on degrees and earning credits. Some of the Trump supporters on this board are intent on being divisive wherever they can.

Any data you provide will likely be derided as "fake."
[-] The following 1 user Likes indigoshuffle's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Commencement speech at the University of Texas is the best one of all time! Life Long Learning 1 2,022 06-28-2017, 12:50 AM
Last Post: originalamyj
  Texas A&M Corpus Christi Military e-Line Nursing Program sanantone 3 3,022 06-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Happy Veteran's Day jmeitrem 1 1,227 11-11-2016, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Mamasaphire
  Happy Birthday USMC ShotoJuku 3 1,416 11-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  Texas Veterans - Hazlewood Act OneDayDegree 2 1,760 02-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Last Post: OneDayDegree
  Happy Memorial Day! blu2blu 1 1,174 05-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Sunshine
  Happy 234th Birthday Marines!! ShotoJuku 5 1,630 11-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Last Post: koichi