Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message to Saylor
Several months ago, I responded to one of your articles letting you know that students can complete the ASBA at TESC much more cheaply than the plan you posted utilizing TECEPs and the Per Credit Tuition Plan. I also know that you've seen my test-out plans on degreeinfo.com. Yet, you did not give me any credit after revising your Open Course Option plan. Shame on you, and your plan is still not as good as mine.

Update: An (even more affordable) open course option for the ASBA | Saylor Academy
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:Several months ago, I responded to one of your articles letting you know that students can complete the ASBA at TESC much more cheaply than the plan you posted utilizing TECEPs and the Per Credit Tuition Plan. I also know that you've seen my test-out plans on degreeinfo.com. Yet, you did not give me any credit after revising your Open Course Option plan. Shame on you, and your plan is still not as good as mine.

Update: An (even more affordable) open course option for the ASBA | Saylor Academy

Wow. That is low.

Adding that to my post I just made about that curious little tingle I'm getting about their push for more credit earning options, and I'm feeling "just" a tiny bit like they're not being as transparent as they appear....
cookderosa Wrote:Wow. That is low.

I made the comment on one of their articles in November 2014. It took them a really long time to approve it. I don't know when it finally made it through moderation, but someone responded in January 2015 saying that the Per Credit Tuition Plan was more expensive because tuition is $491 per credit hour. They did not know that TECEPs are still just a little over $100 each. In February 2015, they revised their plan utilizing the Per Credit Tuition Plan. Today, Jeff Davidson from Saylor responded to my thread on degreeinfo.com acknowledging the pathway I put together, but I received no credit on their website.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
sanantone Wrote:I made the comment on one of their articles in November 2014. It took them a really long time to approve it. I don't know when it finally made it through moderation, but someone responded in January 2015 saying that the Per Credit Tuition Plan was more expensive because tuition is $491 per credit hour. They did not know that TECEPs are still just a little over $100 each. In February 2015, they revised their plan utilizing the Per Credit Tuition Plan. Today, Jeff Davidson from Saylor responded to my thread on degreeinfo.com acknowledging the pathway I put together, but I received no credit on their website.
I know Jeff. He's a good guy, but a busy one, so I'm confident that this is an oversight that they'll correct since you've brought it to their attention. I gather that they're always trying to do a million things over there. (That's not to excuse it, just to possibly explain it.)
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
so ?

they didn't acknowledge you
is it really that big of a deal ?

it's not like getting acknowledgment means a pay increase or a bonus at the end of the year
bluebooger Wrote:so ?

it's not like getting acknowledgment means a pay increase or a bonus at the end of the year

[Image: giphy.gif]
Grad cert., Applied Behavior Analysis, Ball State University
M.S., in Applied Psychology, Lynn Univeristy
B.S., in Psychology, Excelsior College
A.A., Florida State College at Jacksonville

No, but in the professional world there is such a thing as reputation capital, and sanantone has earned a lot through her work on all this stuff.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com

Their employees get paid for doing this stuff. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone getting paid for your work. If you've ever heard of the Creative Commons License, even when people are allowing others to freely use their work, they usually ask to be credited for the work. Saylor is very familiar with this because much of the stuff they use has a Creative Commons License, and they ask students to respect the ownership of those course materials. To not credit someone is the stealing of intellectual property. This is why schools make you use APA, MLA, Chicago Style, etc. Authors don't get paid every time you use one of their works as a source for your school papers. As Steve said, there is such thing as reputation capital in the education field. This is the field in which I work. Much of the stuff professors do for free does lead to tenure and successful textbook sales based on reputation. Reputation in your field DOES lead to higher salaries for professors.

If you don't value your own work to the point that you would let other people receive credit for it, then that is you. Most people do value the work they put into things and expect to receive credit for it even if it's just a simple acknowledgement. Not everything is about money.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Also, appropriating someone else's work without referencing that source is known in many circles as plagiarism, which one would hope Saylor would be willing to avoid.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
To be fair, I don't think they plagiarized my ASBA plan because theirs is terrible. My BSBA plan is cheaper than their ASBA plan. It's just that they told me my information would cost students more money; and, then, they created a plan a month later to save students money using my information. With Mr. Davidson having discovered my "pathways," I just want to make sure they don't rip off any of my plans.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inspirational Message - Embrace Your Potential and Ignite Your Passion! bjcheung77 1 192 04-03-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor---Easy??? midnite123 12 1,733 10-06-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Homeschool forums/message board? Goldilocks! 1 660 06-21-2022, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Saylor Proctoring $5 for all classes now! bjcheung77 18 2,710 03-16-2022, 06:33 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  CUNY SPS and Saylor lawqueen04 3 1,441 10-06-2019, 10:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  College Algebra CLEP Prep - Saylor or Study.com? tifferbugz 7 1,983 10-27-2018, 11:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Saylor Academy expanding their offerings cookderosa 35 7,006 11-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Nixi
  Calculator for Saylor Business Statistics? keepsingin 7 2,665 10-21-2017, 11:19 PM
Last Post: keepsingin
  Saylor Intro to Statistics a2jc4life 0 1,051 04-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  Anyone Taken Saylor's Intro to Comparative Politics? keepsingin 8 2,831 04-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Last Post: icampy