Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master's in Security Management CBE Online
Hi all,

I have a very specific request for assistance.

I am looking for an online CBE Master's in Security Management (or similar) program. This is not to be confused for information or cyber security. Criminal justice is not preferable unless if it has specialization options. I did my obligatory Google search but no luck. Figured I'd ask before giving up.

Thank you!
@Jeff7, Great initial post, it's good to ask for info, but you may want to provide more details, have you found anything remotely similar to what you're looking for? Have you searched for anything that is non-cbe and 'somewhat acceptable' to you? You really should fill in the addendum and template here to give us a greater overview than the brief intro above, as we don't know your budget, if NA is acceptable or must it be RA, if it has to be CBE or not, etc: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Walden University has an MS in Criminal Justice available in their CBE Tempo modality. It's a 48 quarter hour program with 15 quarter hours of that a specialization. The only specialization available itself in the Tempo modality is Public Management and Leadership. If Walden would allow you to do the non-specialization courses in Tempo and switch to non-CBE regular term-scheduled courses to complete a different specialization, that would open up the following additional specialization options. Not sure if any of them are close enough to Security Management or an acceptable alternative for you:
  • Behavioral Sciences
  • Cybercrimes
  • Emergency Management
  • Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
  • International/Global Criminal Justice
  • Law and Public Policy
  • Terrorism, Mediation, and Peace
AFAIK.There is no CBE Master's in Security Management online.

The closest is the online MSc International Security and Risk Management from University of West London.
About USD9k.

Link:  https://www.perpetuityarc.com/msc-intern...ment-faqs/
Mississippi College has an online (but non-CBE) Master of Social Science in Administration of Justice with concentration in Loss Prevention/Security Management, and a subset of its courses make up a graduate certificate in Loss Prevention.
Great responses thus far, thank you! To add some clarity per @bjcheung77; the degree/school does not need to be CBE, but I work full time so I am looking for an online self-paced program where I don't have to attend live sessions/lectures. Thus far the options presented all sound great and I'll do research to see if they are self-paced.
(02-27-2024, 07:52 AM)Jeff7 Wrote: ...I work full time so I am looking for an online self-paced program where I don't have to attend live sessions/lectures.

From this description, you would do well with online courses that are asynchronous, meaning they're designed without scheduled lectures that you need to attend in real time. Typically, there are deadlines for completing work, but you can complete the work, ideally, when it fits into your schedule. The overall pace would be similar to a traditional college course, but there's much more flexibility for the student.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
(02-27-2024, 11:03 AM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(02-27-2024, 07:52 AM)Jeff7 Wrote: ...I work full time so I am looking for an online self-paced program where I don't have to attend live sessions/lectures.

From this description, you would do well with online courses that are asynchronous, meaning they're designed without scheduled lectures that you need to attend in real time. Typically, there are deadlines for completing work, but you can complete the work, ideally, when it fits into your schedule. The overall pace would be similar to a traditional college course, but there's much more flexibility for the student.
That's exactly what I'm looking for! If anything, the deadlines would work for me as I prefer to have some structure. I have my BLS from UMPI and while I enjoyed YourPace, I realized the need to be more disciplined with my own deadlines. Thank you!
Security management is typically focused on the physical security component of corporate security and private security - think security guards plus management.

There are no CBE programs in security management. CBE programs are almost always in popular subjects, and security management is a niche subject. If you google "online masters in security management," you'll find several options that are specifically in security management.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,767 559,429 22 minutes ago
Last Post: David1477
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 6 297 Yesterday, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Online Graduate Statistics course Stonybeach 13 316 04-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 32 18,934 04-25-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 300 04-23-2024, 02:11 AM
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 338 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,265 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 374 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 219 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 654 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado