Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program)
Thumbs Up 
Hello, everyone.
I would like to share my experience being enrolled as one of the students at a fully digital master's program at Justus Liebig University (JLU) Giessen, Germany. Master in Sustainable Transition at JLU Giessen. The program is offered by one of the oldest university in Germany, the program also recognized and accredited. This program is use English as the language of instruction.
[Image: image-0-319062c2f50f793a9f45fbe2805ed4a5.jpeg]
First, I would like to share about the program.

The program is affordable; they did not charge any tuition fee, but they do charge something called a "semester fee," which costs approximately 100 Euros, or around 110 USD. The semester fee is used for administrative fees, etc.
The program itself is the "first fully online degree program of Justus Liebig University Giessen, offered by the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Nutritional Sciences, and Environmental Management (Faculty 09), a faculty with acknowledged expertise in the scientific analysis of agricultural and food systems." This program focuses on a transdisciplinary approach where students learn from various fields including economics, political sciences, and natural environmental sciences.
For the master's program, students can finish it in four semesters. Each semester, students take around five courses/modules. I have also attached the semester plan and course/module directory if you want to have a further look at this program.
I started the program last year and have already finished the first semester. I really enjoy the program; the lecturers are great, and the courses are well-prepared and insightful. Although the program is fully digital, there are synchronous weekly sessions for each course where we can interact live with the professor and fellow students. We also have some group work depending on the courses/modules; you need full commitment to perform well in the program. The students in my batch come from many countries in Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Americas, which brings a lot of perspectives to our modules, a plus point for this program.
To be able to apply to this program, here are some of the admission requirements:
  • Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree with at least 180 ECTS-points and the grade good or very good (Minimum Grade of 2.6 German grading system) in one of the following scientific fields:
  1. Agriculture
  2. Nutrition
  3. Natural or environmental sciences
  4. Economics
  5. Political science
  • Proof of sufficient knowledge in economics, and/or the social sciences, i.e. at least 60 ECTS points in at least one of these subjects.
  • The application includes a letter of motivation with 500 words (+/- 10%) outlining the candidate’s personal motivation and his or her subject-specific knowledge.
  • As the entire degree course is taught in English, applicants must provide proof of sufficient knowledge of written and spoken English.
If you have any questions that you have about this program, do let me know, I will try to answer it. This program is really good if you want to explore and learn more about sustainability. This is a golden opportunity for everyone searching for an online affordable master's degree that is accredited from Europe (Germany).

Attached Files
.pdf   Modules - Courses Directory Master in Sustainable Transition.pdf (Size: 367.73 KB / Downloads: 31)
.pdf   Core Module Plan Master in Sustainable Transition.pdf (Size: 86.75 KB / Downloads: 24)
[-] The following 5 users Like kumamon's post:
  • armado, Jonathan Whatley, Leedeedee, Messdiener, RachelB
Awesome stuff, even with the semester fees, this is a very interesting option for those who want to go into Environmental or Sustainability Studies. If I had the energy, time, I would apply for this in a heart beat... Thanks for sharing!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Messdiener
Great info. Thanks so much

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,768 562,705 Yesterday, 04:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 6 322 04-26-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Online Graduate Statistics course Stonybeach 13 342 04-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 32 19,047 04-25-2024, 10:14 AM
  Is there any way to enrol into the WGU MBA program as an international student? FM1 9 332 04-25-2024, 09:22 AM
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 310 04-23-2024, 02:11 AM
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 8 320 04-20-2024, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 346 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,274 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  NYU SPS Guaranteed Admission Program smartdegree 6 570 04-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley