Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master's in Computer Science cheap pre-req courses
Information 
Browsing some different graduate degree offerings and saw that ASU's Online MCS through Coursera has the option for non-CS undergrads to demonstrate knowledge on their pre-requisite courses. You still have to meet their requirement for having calc 1 and 2 along with discrete math transcripted. Also of note is that they have 4 different Master Track certificates on Coursera that can count towards the MCS(they're the same price as taking the courses through ASU, though. No discount Sad )

Quote:Can I be accepted into the MCS program if I don’t have an engineering background?‎

You can. We offer four short self-paced non-credit courses that allow you to learn and demonstrate knowledge of foundational computer science topics. Depending on your undergraduate degree, you may still need to complete math courses.

4 pre-requisite courses, $59 each
Self paced, proctored final

ASU MCS, $15,000 total
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • graduatesoon
Will these be on a transcript, I couldn't find any info.

Sent from my moto g stylus using DegreeForum.net mobile app
(01-13-2022, 06:34 PM)graduatesoon Wrote: Will these be on a transcript, I couldn't find any info.

Sent from my moto g stylus using DegreeForum.net mobile app

They're noncredit. I don't know if they'd work for any other schools other than ASU.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
These might be good for PLA towards a TESU BACS degree, I would take the Study.com courses that correspond to these, and see if TESU would take the SDC/ASU CPE combo for credit towards a PLA. It should be cheaper than taking courses at TESU, I see they have cybersecurity courses as well for that price...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
if you're interested in a Masters of Science in Data Science

https://www.coursera.org/degrees/master-...admissions

Quote:There are no formal prerequisites for the MS-DS, but students are expected to be proficient in Python, R programming, calculus (including derivatives and integrals), and linear algebra (including matrix multiplication, matrix inversion and solving linear systems using matrices). Each course may recommend a variety of prerequisite skills and knowledge.

There is no application. That means no transcripts, tests or application fees! Admission is performance-based. Simply show that you can do the work and you're in.

To be admitted to the MS-DS as a degree-seeking student, you must enroll in and complete a “Pathway Specialization” with a 3.0 GPA or better. Your pathway is a series of 3 one-credit courses in either statistics or computer science. All pathway courses are part of the core degree curriculum, so your progress will directly stack towards a full degree.

they don't even require a Bachelors

pathway courses listed here
https://www.coursera.org/degrees/master-.../academics

its just expensive
$20,010 USD
For full degree | Each credit hour is $667 USD

but i guess if you never got and spent money on a bachelors then 20k might not be too bad -- though still a lot still a lot
Thanks for this! I am currently signed up to take my pre-reqs at Oakton. I will still take the Discrete Math, Data Structures and the Objects and Algorithms courses from them, but this is an excellent alternative to the operating systems and computer architecture courses that are pre-reqs for a lot of programs.
MS, Data Science, Eastern University
ALM, Information Technology, Harvard University
AB, Government, Georgetown University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 3 140 3 hours ago
Last Post: Vle045
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,761 555,263 5 hours ago
Last Post: Kal Di
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 32 18,696 Today, 10:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 286 04-23-2024, 02:11 AM
  Ms data science for 15k Imbanewbie 15 1,680 04-16-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,220 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 217 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 647 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Phd in environmental science myopenledger 2 238 03-27-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 612 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM