Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with UMPI admissions requirement
Hey I am a prospective international student. I didnt have a good time in my home town and and struggled with mental health issues (covid,family issues). Therefore I was enrolled in my countries university but I didnt take any courses or completed any. Hence there are no transcripts it is all empty. To Americans this is unthinkable but there is no tuition here so I was basically a student on paper. Personally I do not think the rules were ever made for this type of situation. I did graduate from my countries equivalent to highschool though.

During my time I worked as a part time cashier.

"

• Students who do not have any college credits must submit the following:
    • Provide high school transcript, high school equivalency test (HiSet), or GED
    • A resume to indicate activities and experience post high school diploma (or equivalent)

• "

YourPace Admissions Requirements - YourPace (umpi.edu)

I am getting closer to the 90 credit mark on third party course providers. My situation might seem odd to some.

My question is : Do I include being once enrolled on paper? I cannot send anything to WES that is not there I can only send them my hs transcript. And how should the rest of the resume look like? Is there anything required from my employer or should I simply list what I did?
Sophia is college (equivalent) credits, so you don't have to worry about that. Some students have needed to include a resume anyway, but I honestly wouldn't bother to include your university studies. You're in another country, so UMPI can't "see" them and they don't count.

The resume is mostly to see if you might be eligible for PLA credit or something like that. Most aren't. That's fine. UMPI classes are quick and easy to complete.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Welcome to the board, it's best for you to fill in the addendum and template, follow up with more details than what is requested from both. The reason is you want to provide a full picture of your scenario, I've had international students, people who have taken Nationally Accredited studies, etc, all have a stuck 'waiting' application as their international, national institution transcripts were on the National Student Clearing House, they 'know' what is on file. I would just apply and see what UMPI does... You can take up to 90 credits with Sophia.org alone for max transfer of credits for now.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 142 04-26-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 290 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 276 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 202 04-24-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 185 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 339 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 312 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,657 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,507 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 505 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1