Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Sale: Virtual High School with AP
Hmm, I received an email and this caught my eye - Virtual High School that has AP and is in process of receiving Cognia accreditation in the Fall 2021.   I wonder if this will be profitable, for $300K, it's a small investment compared to buying a DEAC college or university OR starting from scratch.  I am just guessing it's enrolment levels should be picking up due to the pandemic, if that is the case, why are they selling?

Link: https://dealstream.com/for-sale/virtual-...558346.htm
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I think that many virtual schools will see a sharp decline this year. A lot of people will be returning to B&M high schools. Especially now that there is a vaccine available for high school kids.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • ss20ts
(05-29-2021, 06:55 PM)Vle045 Wrote: I think that many virtual schools will see a sharp decline this year.   A lot of people will be returning to B&M high schools.  Especially now that there is a vaccine available for high school kids.

Most ACTUAL virtual schools were not new during Covid - not Zoom+some random crap a school made up, but real virtual schools.  My kid did one this year, and will probably finish up his senior year there next year because it gives him SO much flexibility.  He's able to work 25-30 hours a week, play 3 sports, and still take naps on the daily.  There is zero chance he could do that in a regular high school.

Also, I think you will see a huge increase in them due to an increase in homeschooling.  Between Covid fears, teachers not coming in for in-person learning, and parents realizing they don't have to know every subject to homeschool their kids, there will be more of these.  In CA, I know there has been a HUGE jump in the number of homeschoolers this year, and lots who are going to continue, who went out and found online options for their kids when the whole Zoom+ wasn't coming anywhere close to helping their kids learn.  Virtual schools, including virtual charter schools, stepped in and made a big difference.  And the personalized learning that is now available...some kids just won't want to go back to in-person learning.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-29-2021, 10:31 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 06:55 PM)Vle045 Wrote: I think that many virtual schools will see a sharp decline this year.   A lot of people will be returning to B&M high schools.  Especially now that there is a vaccine available for high school kids.

Most ACTUAL virtual schools were not new during Covid - not Zoom+some random crap a school made up, but real virtual schools.  My kid did one this year, and will probably finish up his senior year there next year because it gives him SO much flexibility.  He's able to work 25-30 hours a week, play 3 sports, and still take naps on the daily.  There is zero chance he could do that in a regular high school.

Also, I think you will see a huge increase in them due to an increase in homeschooling.  Between Covid fears, teachers not coming in for in-person learning, and parents realizing they don't have to know every subject to homeschool their kids, there will be more of these.  In CA, I know there has been a HUGE jump in the number of homeschoolers this year, and lots who are going to continue, who went out and found online options for their kids when the whole Zoom+ wasn't coming anywhere close to helping their kids learn.  Virtual schools, including virtual charter schools, stepped in and made a big difference.  And the personalized learning that is now available...some kids just won't want to go back to in-person learning.

I am well aware.  I’ve been working in K-12 schools for about 10 years, including actual virtual schools.   Enrollment more than doubled this year in some virtual schools. At the same time, a lot those students tend to be very transient.  Bouncing from school to school. Some are just trying to play the attendance game. And state laws are constantly trying to close those gaps.  Early re-enrollment numbers for next year show that a good chunk of kids are planning to go back to their b&m school.  Once the dust settles, there may still be an increase over two years ago, but I think there will be a sharp decline from this year.  As a parent whose 8th grader did online schooling this year, I would not choose it for my son again unless there was a need.  He is far too distracted at home... he said so himself. His grades continually dropped throughout   the year.  I am just hoping he can rebound next year. In our area, most parents want their kids back in a building.  Of course there is a need for virtual schooling for some.  But it’s not for everyone.  

I think if it looked like it was going to be highly profitable next year, they wouldn’t be selling it.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • ss20ts

In some states he wouldn't be allowed to play on the sports teams or participate in anything in the high school. Here you have to be enrolled at the school to play sports. It's been a big issue in my region because there's a large number of families who homeschool. They're also paying school taxes and not allowed access to those facilities. They've been trying to get the state to change the law, but no luck so far. 

I worked 4-5 days a week my junior and senior year and attended high school. I played a sport. I was active in a number of clubs. No I didn't take naps. I stopped taking naps when I was about a year old though. Drove my mother nuts. LOL I still can't take a nap unless I'm really really really sick.
(05-30-2021, 01:16 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

In some states he wouldn't be allowed to play on the sports teams or participate in anything in the high school. Here you have to be enrolled at the school to play sports. It's been a big issue in my region because there's a large number of families who homeschool. They're also paying school taxes and not allowed access to those facilities. They've been trying to get the state to change the law, but no luck so far. 

I worked 4-5 days a week my junior and senior year and attended high school. I played a sport. I was active in a number of clubs. No I didn't take naps. I stopped taking naps when I was about a year old though. Drove my mother nuts. LOL I still can't take a nap unless I'm really really really sick.

In our state, homeschool and charter school kids can play sports for their assigned public school.  It's not common though. Most people don’t realize it.  When I would tell parents about it, most would still prefer to attend the public school to play sports.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

(05-30-2021, 01:26 PM)Vle045 Wrote: In our state, homeschool and charter school kids can play sports for their assigned public school.  It's not common though. Most people don’t realize it.  When I would tell parents about it, most would still prefer to attend the public school to play sports.

It is really odd to me that some states have banned kids from playing sports and participating in clubs/activities if they're homeschooled. The school taxes are paid whether or not the kids are in that school so what's the issue? Some people have claimed it was about vaccines which made absolutely no sense because all kids are required under state law to be vaccinated for certain things and there's no exemptions. Others claimed the kids would have some sort of advantage which made no sense at all. Yes because you're homeschooled somehow mysteriously you're a better goalie in soccer or a quarter back in football or magically can leap to the top of a cheerleading pyramid. It's just ridiculous.
(05-30-2021, 01:32 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 01:26 PM)Vle045 Wrote: In our state, homeschool and charter school kids can play sports for their assigned public school.  It's not common though. Most people don’t realize it.  When I would tell parents about it, most would still prefer to attend the public school to play sports.

It is really odd to me that some states have banned kids from playing sports and participating in clubs/activities if they're homeschooled. The school taxes are paid whether or not the kids are in that school so what's the issue? Some people have claimed it was about vaccines which made absolutely no sense because all kids are required under state law to be vaccinated for certain things and there's no exemptions. Others claimed the kids would have some sort of advantage which made no sense at all. Yes because you're homeschooled somehow mysteriously you're a better goalie in soccer or a quarter back in football or magically can leap to the top of a cheerleading pyramid. It's just ridiculous.

It may vary by state, but the school district only gets funded based on the actual number of students.  The funding basicallly follows the student.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

(05-30-2021, 02:42 PM)Vle045 Wrote: It may vary by state, but the school district only gets funded based on the actual number of students.  The funding basicallly follows the student.

Even if you don't have children, you pay school taxes here. The school taxes are paid directly to the school. The state provides additional funding. The school district I live, the state provides more than 50% of their budget. This is in addition to the high school taxes we already pay. There's a reason NY has such high property, income, and sales tax. Gotta fund everything under the sun and impose ridiculous mandates written by folks in NYC which is drastically different than the rest of the state. 

When I lived in SC, home owners didn't pay school taxes. The second home owners and commercial property owners paid school property taxes which was odd because none of them were using the schools. Even if I had the school taxes added to my property taxes, it would have been less than 1/3 of what I pay here in NY. In SC, home schooled kids were allowed to play sports at the school. It's so wild how different states treat these things.
(05-30-2021, 03:56 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 02:42 PM)Vle045 Wrote: It may vary by state, but the school district only gets funded based on the actual number of students.  The funding basicallly follows the student.

Even if you don't have children, you pay school taxes here. The school taxes are paid directly to the school. The state provides additional funding. The school district I live, the state provides more than 50% of their budget. This is in addition to the high school taxes we already pay. There's a reason NY has such high property, income, and sales tax. Gotta fund everything under the sun and impose ridiculous mandates written by folks in NYC which is drastically different than the rest of the state. 

When I lived in SC, home owners didn't pay school taxes. The second home owners and commercial property owners paid school property taxes which was odd because none of them were using the schools. Even if I had the school taxes added to my property taxes, it would have been less than 1/3 of what I pay here in NY. In SC, home schooled kids were allowed to play sports at the school. It's so wild how different states treat these things.

We moved from CA to SC.  In CA, you couldn't play sports or do extracurriculars at the local school if you were homeschools/charter schooled.  Here in SC, you can, and we love it.

We also pay school taxes - including not only our home property taxes but our personal property taxes (cars, boats, RV's, etc.).  About 90% of the funds go directly to the schools.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nicaragua seizes all assets from INCAE Business School elcastor21 0 306 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  For Sale: Young Online University in California bjcheung77 19 2,485 09-26-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Found: $1,500 (TOTAL) At-own-pace Law School dcan 48 9,337 08-28-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: resistk
Question Poll: Just not sure what to major in for grad school and which direction to go! Randyb100 21 1,599 05-26-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 2,787 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Canada/US: Mac Mini M2 Base model sale - $669 CDN/$499 USD bjcheung77 0 521 01-17-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Gas Prices Hit Record High Averaging Over $5 a Gallon in California LevelUP 8 941 03-07-2022, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Blkqueen8
  School Psychologists?? Vle045 3 929 01-21-2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  U of Michigan removes School President bjcheung77 0 575 01-15-2022, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Walmart Crazy 50% Sale! LevelUP 0 559 12-26-2021, 08:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP