Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest math test of all????
Hey everyone what's up!!

Well I'm going to be enrolling at TESC and already I am having anxiety about the Math requirement.

Which is the absolute easiest Math test out there that will satisfy the TESC math requirement? CLEP, DANTES, whatever! I just want to get the darned thing over with and as painless as possible lol.

Thanks!!!
BA in Social Sciences from TESC complete!! Looking into online grad schools :coolgleam:

Ive been trying to figure out the same thing. Im confident on every other subject except math.
I think it depends on which degree you are going for but for the business the math requierment is Precalculus and Statistics. Hope that helps!

Farmerboy
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
Me too devilry, I really wish I didn't even have to take it!

Thanks farmerboy,

i hear some wonderful things about statistics,,,,,,NOT! lol. Fortunately for me I dont have to actually take precalculus or stats because I'm not in that program....

anyone other ideas anyone??? Smile Smile
BA in Social Sciences from TESC complete!! Looking into online grad schools :coolgleam:

Have you considered the CLEP College Math?

I used 3 credits from College Math to fulfill the math requirement...the other 3credits from it (it's 6 credits total) can apply to the Natural Sciences category.

How good is your math background? I was really leery about having to take math too but found that I had studied most of the stuff on the College Math exam. I was definitely rusty and had to get out my high school textbooks and brush up, but I passed it with a high score.
Hi studyhard!

Well, in high school I took all the way up to Precalculus, but I did HORRIBLE in that class (my teacher even admitted to me he would give me a "C" so he wouldn't have to deal with me, STG!) and not much better in Algebra or Geometry. Math could never keep my attention, I had zero interested in learning it, and of course I figured I would never need it and I would always have a calculator. Now I really wish I had just paid attention and studied!!! Boo to me.

I tried a couple of questions on the Instantcert college math section and I didn't know ANY of the answers. Is the college math CLEP mostly problem solving or are there a lot of math definitions? It seemed like the Instantcert cards for college math were more definitions than problems.

Thanks for your help!!

The CLEP test is, as I recall, all about problem solving. MAYBE one or two definitions.

To be honest, I didn't find IC quite as helpful for this particular exam. I can't exactly pinpoint why....it might have just been that I'm not used to doing math formulas on a computer screen. I like them nice and slow and methodical in a notebook, LOL!

If I were you I think I would get the Princeton Review's "Cracking The CLEP" book. It has an instructional section that goes through a lot of the basic concepts and has a detailed practice exam with explanations for each problem. That will identify your weak areas and then you can use IC or another supplement to help you figure out what to work on.

I never liked math very much but I found that I remembered quite a bit and that, being that much older and wiser since those prehistoric days of high school ten years ago hilarious , I was able to make sense of some of it easier.
Good luck Killerkitty.

I am one math from an associates degree and its killing me. I have taken two refresher courses and one college level math (not accepted). Now I need whats called Math 100 (Intermediate) and Math 112 College Algebra) here and have tried twice locally but had to drop out.

JTP
Thanks studyhard I'll give that a shot!
gearbanger - looks like we're both gonna need some luck! hehe. Smile

Hi,

I haven't taken any of the exams, but have you considered using McGraw-Hill's ALEKS to review? I took through calc in high school and too many years later to reveal, the stuff still looks familiar, and it's coming back to me. It is self paced, start any time, and has periodic assessments so you can check your progress. There is also the option for a step-by-step explanation, which I have found useful.

Search other posts on this board. The site is ALEKS -- Assessment and Learning, K-12, Higher Education, Automated Tutor, Math, and there is a free trial before you pay $20 a month. Plus, I've read (also here) that ALEKS is ACE-reviewed. I am not enrolled at TESC yet, but someone who is currently enrolled might be able to check with an advisor to see whether ALEKS might earn the math credit instead of having to sweat an exam. I have thought that at least I would be prepared for the exams if I enroll and find out that TESC does not allow credit for this work.

Hope this helps,
Sandy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test score rogeryoung 4 217 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 706 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 209 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 508 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 397 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  CSM Math - what's it like? CircleT7 25 2,341 11-14-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,808 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  online RA undergrad discrete math course nomaduser 12 1,036 09-08-2023, 12:56 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Quickest and Easiest Way to Boost GPA for State College aetosdios 12 1,237 08-02-2023, 12:09 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  CSM course as a math req natshar 13 1,167 07-20-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: staceydiane