Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS
I just did the programming languages course at SNHU. It was good... well structured and the projects were fun. A bit intense with the interactive notebook work, but overall I felt it was worth the money and learned some new things. It's more expensive than the other options though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdubley's post:
  • LevelUP
(02-29-2024, 09:06 PM)Jwheels27 Wrote: Hey I was wondering what courses you had to take of the ten? Was it all CS AOS?

Yes, I know I had to complete all six of the AOS, plus the top three of the AOS electives listed here:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan

I'm not sure about the others, but I think I had one AOS elective also transfer from WGU?

I also completed the College Mathematics CLEP that I took for free through Modern States, which was all I needed for the ASNSM Math add-on.

(02-29-2024, 09:06 PM)Jwheels27 Wrote: I applied for the TESU BS CIS, got in, but my first degree didn’t end up covering as much of the degree as I thought it would. I think it was like 70%(have to double check).

I think 70% should leave you with 12 courses left, which is really good.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
(03-02-2024, 09:14 AM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 09:06 PM)Jwheels27 Wrote: Hey I was wondering what courses you had to take of the ten? Was it all CS AOS?

Yes, I know I had to complete all six of the AOS, plus the top three of the AOS electives listed here:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan

I'm not sure about the others, but I think I had one AOS elective also transfer from WGU?

I also completed the College Mathematics CLEP that I took for free through Modern States, which was all I needed for the ASNSM Math add-on.

(02-29-2024, 09:06 PM)Jwheels27 Wrote: I applied for the TESU BS CIS, got in, but my first degree didn’t end up covering as much of the degree as I thought it would. I think it was like 70%(have to double check).

I think 70% should leave you with 12 courses left, which is really good.

So I had TESU's registrar switch me from the BSCIS to the BACS. Gen eds and electives were waived, but I still have 36 semester hours to complete (and 45 SH still required?), all within the CS AOS. So its 12 courses plus the cornerstone I believe. Most of these have to be regionally accredited and upper level correct?
UMPI: Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science 
(03-07-2024, 12:46 PM)Jwheels27 Wrote: So I had TESU's registrar switch me from the BSCIS to the BACS. Gen eds and electives were waived, but I still have 36 semester hours to complete (and 45 SH still required?), all within the CS AOS. So its 12 courses plus the cornerstone I believe. Most of these have to be regionally accredited and upper level correct?

No, you just need to transfer everything in with Sophia.org/Study.com combo, you have the 30 RA credits from UMPI already completed, no longer need RA credits. You need take UL requirements and need to decide either to pay the residency waiver or to take the flat rate fee...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-07-2024, 12:46 PM)Jwheels27 Wrote: So I had TESU's registrar switch me from the BSCIS to the BACS. Gen eds and electives were waived, but I still have 36 semester hours to complete (and 45 SH still required?), all within the CS AOS. So its 12 courses plus the cornerstone I believe. Most of these have to be regionally accredited and upper level correct?

I believe if you take the following courses, they should cover the AOS, including 15 UL SH:

Sophia
  • Intro to Python
  • Intro to Java
  • Intro to IT
  • Calc I
Study.com
  • Intro to Programming
  • DS&A
  • DM
  • Intro to OS
  • Comp Arch
  • Sys Analysis
  • DB Management
  • MIS
Saylor
  • SW Eng
  • Intro to CS
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Yes, similar to that, I would create a spreadsheet of your remaining credits, then go to the ACE website to verify the classes listed by Saylor.org, Sophia.org, and Study.com are still 'valid'. If so, you can add it to your spreadsheet and link us to it as a viewable (not editable) file on your google/one drive, we can then comment on the classes to see if there are changes needed.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-07-2024, 03:10 PM)origamishuttle Wrote:

Saylor
  • SW Eng
  • Intro to CS

Saylor's Software Engineering now comes in as LL

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(03-07-2024, 06:27 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Saylor's Software Engineering now comes in as LL

Thank you for correcting my mistake. Is there an alternative that you would suggest?
Thank you for the replies fellas! Ok so I just need to look into confirming which ones will transfer according to ACE completing these courses. I take it most of those SDC courses are upper level?
UMPI: Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science 
(03-08-2024, 12:08 AM)Jwheels27 Wrote: I take it most of those SDC courses are upper level?

Only the last four are, so you'll need to find a different fifth UL course, due to the change in Saylor SWE now being LL: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...chitecture

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 952 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 39,641 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
  Using Guild for CS at SNHU Yoloangie40 17 1,768 09-17-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Perdue Global BSIT SD/Web pluggingalong 1 399 09-07-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  SNHU vs UMPI? Duneranger 10 1,195 09-07-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  SNHU new gen ed requirements jdubley 63 6,425 08-20-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  My experience at SNHU as a BS Finance major neilsf 12 1,963 08-18-2023, 11:25 AM
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 1,132 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Illinois Institue of Technology - Coursera (Illinois Tech IIT) bext 1 906 07-12-2023, 02:35 AM
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,365 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts