Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Mathematics using flashcards?
I would love to hear from those who've passed the College Mathematics exam using only the flashcards on IC. I've just finished a basic college math course & am taking elementary algebra, but would like to CLEP out. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
I wouldn't attempt that. I believe to finish this exam you need more then one source to work off of. I suggest IC and one or more other sources to read through and study from. Working from only one source when its your rear on the line is never wise.

I wont recommend a specific source to study from, as its more of a person choice, but never put all your eggs in one basket.

Have a good one
Based on the subject, would have to second what has been said. It's just that the kind of material you cover needs a bit more understanding than knowledge. On the plus side, once you can do one type of question, you should be able to have a good crack at them all.

Would suggest using the resources here, working through practice tests (ie, the official CLEP guide test) and using something like purple math to help get a hold of particular problems you will solve (the search function for finding example and worked problems is excellent):

Purplemath

Good luck!
[SIZE="1"]
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Excelsior College 2012
Master of Arts in International Relations, Staffordshire University, UK - in progress

Aleks
All courses taken, 12 credits applied
CLEP
A&I Literature (74), Intro Sociology (72), Info Systems and Computer Apps (67), Humanities (70), English Literature (65), American Literature (51), Principles of Mangement (65), Principles of Marketing (71)
DSST
Management Information Systems (469), Intro to Computing (461)
Excelsior College
Information Literacy, International Terrorism (A), Contemporary Middle East History (A), Discrete Structures (A), Social Science Capstone (A)
GRE Subject Test
Psychology (93rd percentile, 750 scaled score)
Straighterline
English Composition I&II, Economics I&II, Accounting I&II, General Calculus I, Business Communication

Progress history[/SIZE]
Thanks for the replies.
I think it depends on if you are a math person. I am not to a great extent, and would therefore supplement any math test I took with more than IC. But you may feel that you already have a very strong base in mathematics. If so, IC may be enough.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
One piece of advice: Get the Comex study guide (I am a huge Comex fan). It was a lifesaver for me; in fact, since it only contains what you need to know for the clep, you may only need to use this one book for the whole test. When I took this test, I didn't even know about IC; I passed with a 74. Have fun! Big Grin
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
Levi_1989 Wrote:One piece of advice: Get the Comex study guide (I am a huge Comex fan). It was a lifesaver for me; in fact, since it only contains what you need to know for the clep, you may only need to use this one book for the whole test. When I took this test, I didn't even know about IC; I passed with a 74. Have fun! Big Grin

I also found Comex to be very comprehensive. They were my second favorite study aid after IC!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 1,907 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,247 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 591 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 399 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 714 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Next Frontier for College Sports: Cornhole Scholarships LevelUP 1 281 07-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 4 1,088 06-13-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 22 3,307 05-31-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Thfuriene
  It Costs Over $10 Million in Opportunity Cost to Go to College LevelUP 7 894 05-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  F in high school but 4.0 college gpa Spyrine 4 545 05-18-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: davewill