Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap VESi CEU (Continuing Education) Graduate Credit for $62 per Credit from UMPI
New from the University of Maine at Presque Isle, the newest contender of the "big 5" are continuing education VESi courses! The University of Maine at Presque Isle brings us over 35 different graduate level courses that can be transcribed for grades at the graduate level. Each of them are covering various topics relating to education issues. These classes are self-paced and often are by exams. These courses are typically utilized for Continuing Education for teachers. Some schools may accept these as graduate credit to meet requirements for total credits. They will likely not meet as a transfer replacement, just, as a credit total. 

https://www.virtualeduc.com/direct_accou...php?uid=37

$235 for 3 credits. $78 per credit!
$280 for 4.5 credits. $62 per credit!

These are fantastic for people who need graduate credits for a salary pay grade in the education field, for cheap. This is by far one of the cheapest VESi options I have seen out there. In addition, because this is transcribable , non-teachers can use it to meet  credit requirements in graduate programs for example in Virginia doctorates require 90 credits, if you're short by a few classes, you can use this to fill the credit gap.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • ss20ts
Are these continuing education or graduate-level credit? Some universities make it clear what needs to be done to get a transcript with undergraduate or graduate credits. There are usually additional assignments.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • NoStudentNoCry
It sure looks like this is CEU-only through UMPI. They might offer graduate-level credits with other universities.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • carrythenothing
Yeah, I don't think these VESI credits from UMPI will work to meet credit requirements in graduate programs. None of them appear to carry graduate credit.
CEU is a different thing, it is almost never accepted in leu of "actual" college credits.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
"Register below for CEUs through University of Maine at Presque Isle or call VESi at 1-800-313-6744 between 8:00AM-5:00PM PST, Monday through Friday."

These are CEU's.

And, most of the VESI credits I've seen are around this price already.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I clarified my post as I believe many have misread it. UMPI will transcribe these. They may not replace credits and transfers to other universities. But they can meet credit requirements for some degrees that require you to have a threshold, not as a replacement. For example in some places you have to have 36 credits to get an MA, but the MA program is 30 credits, you need 6 graduate credits from any other source and the school may take CEU. 

I asked UMPI if they'll transcribe it, and they told me they could if I needed them to transcribe. That is typically enough to get it counted as graduate credit. I'll take one class and see what happens.

CEU is typically counted as graduate credit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Kab
CEU is not typically counted as graduate credit. CEUs don't require much work. Either UMPI lists the courses as academic credit or they don't.

Adams State University, for example, does transcribe VESi courses as graduate credits. It appears that Weber State University transcribes these as academic credits, and they're cheaper than UMPI. Someone on this forum used Augustana University and transferred the credits to TESU. If UMPI is not awarding academic credits, I strongly recommend using the other schools that will because several of them are around the same price. Since UMPI is not requiring any written assignments, only four exams, I doubt schools will accept their CEUs as equivalent to graduate courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 3 users Like sanantone's post:
  • caledonia, carrythenothing, Flelm
(04-19-2022, 11:45 AM)sanantone Wrote: CEU is not typically counted as graduate credit. CEUs don't require much work. Either UMPI lists the courses as academic credit or they don't.

Adams State University, for example, does transcribe VESi courses as graduate credits. It appears that Weber State University transcribes these as academic credits, and they're cheaper than UMPI. Someone on this forum used Augustana University and transferred the credits to TESU. If UMPI is not awarding academic credits, I strongly recommend using the other schools that will because several of them are around the same price. Since UMPI is not requiring any written assignments, only four exams, I doubt schools will accept their CEUs as equivalent to graduate courses.

CEU is very subjective on 1) where you're applying or taking it to and 2) location. In my area CEU is considered graduate credit. A few universities will take it to meet gaps of credits as well. 

I asked UMPI if they'll transcribe it and I was told yes. I'll take one of the courses and see how it goes.
CEU's are distinctly different than Graduate Credit. I'm getting into the education field, and CEU's will NOT count as graduate credit in my state. I've checked with a couple of friends in other states, same there.

There's also graduate credit that you can take for cheap through VESi and other state/college programs for teachers, and they'll put it on a transcript through the "College of Professional Studies" or something like that - they are almost all EDU- prefixes, and most schools will not take them towards a full master's degree program. Now, if you're going to get a pay raise for having 18 graduate credits, or a masters, or a master's + 30 grad credits, then obviously these may be helpful. But don't count on them working in your program you're trying to get a master's degree in.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 6 300 Yesterday, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Online Graduate Statistics course Stonybeach 13 317 04-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 32 18,943 04-25-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 31 25,729 04-25-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 16,160 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 521 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,152 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,865 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 412 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 711 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger