Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CATALOG.UMPI.EDU / UMPI.EDU IS NOT ONLINE.UMPI.EDU
Just a PSA for anyone researching UMPI YourPace:

catalog.umpi.edu and umpi.edu website information is 99% of the time not related to YourPace. YourPace exists solely at ONLINE.UMPI.EDU 

There are way too many threads and posts even in the recent days across this forum and the sister forum where people are getting this confused.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • RachelB, ss20ts
Thanks for this, ashkir!

Do you know if it's possible to email the folks at YourPace and ask if X course from Y institution would transfer over prior to taking the course or enrolling? I've sent in my application, but I'm trying to maximize my time at UMPI, which means making sure I'm prepared. I know some institutions are a bit cagey about this, as they'd prefer it if students took courses from their institution instead.
(06-21-2021, 12:02 PM)canuckian Wrote: Thanks for this, ashkir!

Do you know if it's possible to email the folks at YourPace and ask if X course from Y institution would transfer over prior to taking the course or enrolling? I've sent in my application, but I'm trying to maximize my time at UMPI, which means making sure I'm prepared. I know some institutions are a bit cagey about this, as they'd prefer it if students took courses from their institution instead.

Once you're accepted you're basically enrolled. Once enrolled you need permission for classes outside of UMPI to be transferred in. I don't think you'll get an absolute yes or no to what will transfer in until you apply and the Registrar has your transcripts. The Registrar is who determines how and what transfers in. That person works on 2 campuses and doesn't really have time to do this for every transfer student. Colleges tend to focus on their paying students not folks who aren't students. Also keep in mind that colleges change policies on ACE courses all the time! Study.com is under review right now. If they tell you yup class xyz123 transfers in today but it may not in 3 months because of a change.
(06-21-2021, 05:50 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-21-2021, 12:02 PM)canuckian Wrote: Thanks for this, ashkir!

Once you're accepted you're basically enrolled. Once enrolled you need permission for classes outside of UMPI to be transferred in. I don't think you'll get an absolute yes or no to what will transfer in until you apply and the Registrar has your transcripts. The Registrar is who determines how and what transfers in. That person works on 2 campuses and doesn't really have time to do this for every transfer student. Colleges tend to focus on their paying students not folks who aren't students. Also keep in mind that colleges change policies on ACE courses all the time! Study.com is under review right now. If they tell you yup class xyz123 transfers in today but it may not in 3 months because of a change.

Ah, crap, I didn't realize that. I assumed by having different application and enrolment deadlines, I could apply now (primarily so I can get my HS to send over the transcripts since they're closing up soon, and the school board is currently a MESS), and then officially enrol closer to the deadline to maximize my transfer credits.
(06-21-2021, 06:39 PM)canuckian Wrote: Ah, crap, I didn't realize that. I assumed by having different application and enrolment deadlines, I could apply now (primarily so I can get my HS to send over the transcripts since they're closing up soon, and the school board is currently a MESS), and then officially enrol closer to the deadline to maximize my transfer credits.

You can defer your admission.
I'm planning on the BABA in Management & Leadership and perhaps maybe a minor in Project Management. Is it safe to assume that the minor core requirements listed in the BLS would be the same courses?
(06-24-2021, 02:08 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: I'm planning on the BABA in Management & Leadership and perhaps maybe a minor in Project Management. Is it safe to assume that the minor core requirements listed in the BLS would be the same courses?

Your minor will be a second degree. So you will receive two degrees:
BABA in Management & Leadership
BLS - Project Management Minor
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • carebear_007
(06-24-2021, 02:23 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 02:08 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: I'm planning on the BABA in Management & Leadership and perhaps maybe a minor in Project Management. Is it safe to assume that the minor core requirements listed in the BLS would be the same courses?

Actually you can complete a BABA with the Management & Leadership concentration and then add on the Project Management minor. You talk to Jessica who will handle the administrative side and then you take the courses listed in the minor. You don't have to complete the BLS and earn a second degree.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • ashkir, carebear_007
(06-24-2021, 10:03 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Actually you can complete a BABA with the Management & Leadership concentration and then add on the Project Management minor. You talk to Jessica who will handle the administrative side and then you take the courses listed in the minor. You don't have to complete the BLS and earn a second degree.
That’s good to know. Honestly I’m not even 100% sure that I can do it yet but it’s good to know that it may be a possibility. I plan on applying in August so I’ll talk to Jessica about it then.  Smile
(06-24-2021, 10:03 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

I'm not certain how it would be difficult to get a BLS while getting a BABA, since there are no requirements for it once you get the GEC - the BABA would fulfill it entirely, except the minor anyway. So it would make sense to do it either way.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • carebear_007

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 115 Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 253 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 268 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 190 04-24-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 172 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 318 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 301 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,607 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,491 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 503 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1