Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLS with a minor in Information Systems or BBA PM & IS
***Update***

Metropolia has responded to my User ID request.

Today I received an email from Metropolia requesting that I send my ID/ Passport via a secured email that is encrypted.

I clicked on the link ( the secured email) provided and responded to the email by attaching the requested documents.

According to the email, once they've received my documents and approved them, they will send instructions on how to activate Metropolia's Student ID. They didn't say how long this will take.
What I don't get is how can I activate Metropolia's Student ID when I still don't have one. So I am thinking maybe they meant to say they will create a Metropolia's Student ID and then will send instructions on how to activate Metropolia's Student ID. I will keep you all updated on that.

I already took a course yesterday and today I enrolled in a second course ( I haven't turned in any of the courses for grading yet). I enrolled in the courses to see how they're structured etc...
So far I like the way they're structured because it seems like it is a pass/fail quiz situation.
Based on that I can complete a course in one to three weeks on average (maybe less) as I am a certified IT Technician and I am familiar with many of the subjects.

Metropolia has many different links and instances for the IT program that I am in ( not sure if it's the same for other programs). It takes some careful reading to get a grasp of the demands and instructions from those different links.

If my documents get approved (which they should), I can see myself continuing with Metropolia instead of UMPI.

Now for UMPI:
Today UMPI admission responded about my application etc... I just wanted to mention UMPI because UMPI has been very responsive to my emails.
Their email was about the deadline to apply and documents needed etc...

I will keep updating you about Metropolia as soon as I hear back.
[-] The following 2 users Like ZO10's post:
  • jg_nuy, rachel83az
Cool, let's see which pathway leads you to your educational goals...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ZO10
(03-25-2024, 08:10 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Cool, let's see which pathway leads you to your educational goals...

So here's what's been going on.

Metropolia created my student ID.

Once I receive my student ID I decided to send an e-mail to Metropolia admissions to inquire about the degree program and told them my ultimate goal is to obtain my Bachelor's degree in IT.

Student admissions responded saying that I would have to first complete the OPEN UAS: Degree Programme of Information Technology, online studies 180 ECTS. and once this is completed then I would be eligible to apply for the remaining last year of the degree (which I was aware of), but in the same
e-mail they also said that there are no openings now for the bachelor’s degree program.

I asked them when the next opening will be, they said they didn’t know.

I also found out that once you've enrolled for the OPEN UAS: Degree Programme of Information Technology, online studies 180 ECTS
Metropolia don't give a refund.

With all, here are the things that I am wondering about.
   a) How would you put that you completed the 3 years of university on your resume under education?
   b) What’s the point of allowing students to study three years with no guarantees to complete the last/4th year?

Has anyone completed a Bachelor's degree at Metropolia?

(03-25-2024, 08:10 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Cool, let's see which pathway leads you to your educational goals...

So here's what's been going on.

Metropolia created my student ID.

Once I receive my student ID I decided to send an e-mail to Metropolia admissions to inquire about the degree program and told them my ultimate goal is to obtain my Bachelor's degree in IT.

Student admissions responded saying that I would have to first complete the OPEN UAS: Degree Programme of Information Technology, online studies 180 ECTS. and once this is completed then I would be eligible to apply for the remaining last year of the degree (which I was aware of), but in the same
e-mail they also said that there are no openings now for the bachelor’s degree program.

I asked them when the next opening will be, they said they didn’t know.

I also found out that once you've enrolled for the OPEN UAS: Degree Programme of Information Technology, online studies 180 ECTS
Metropolia don't give a refund.

With all, here are the things that I am wondering about.
   a) How would you put that you completed the 3 years of university on your resume under education?
   b) What’s the point of allowing students to study three years with no guarantees to complete the last/4th year?

Has anyone completed a Bachelor's degree at Metropolia?
You have to keep watching their website and https://opintopolku.fi/konfo/en/ , where you can also in the meantime study how Finnish system works.

Quote:a) How would you put that you completed the 3 years of university on your resume under education?
After bachelor, I wouldn't put it there separately. Before bachelor, same as they advertise it - Degree Programme of Information Technology.

Quote: b) What’s the point of allowing students to study three years with no guarantees to complete the last/4th year?
Not sure what you mean by no guarantees. If that's regarding their answer that they don't know when the bachelor program will open again, it's just they don't know whether it will be open in next term, of course they will open it again.
Otherwise, sure, there are no guarantees, same as after bachelor there is no guarantee that you will be accepted for masters. You have to go through standard application procedure to study bachelor degree, there will be only certain number of spaces available.
At very worst, 180 ECTS can be used to transfer elsewhere.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 115 Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Undergraduate Degree Liberal Studies w/ a Minor in Psychology molov 4 231 04-21-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 318 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 188 04-19-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is a Criminal Justice Minor Possible? Marlin9276 3 199 04-13-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BLS Management Minor Degree Plan mohelena02 4 419 04-12-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: mohelena02
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 331 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Educational Studies Minor Adrian245 11 1,753 03-26-2024, 11:58 PM
  UMPI BLS Minor Business theea 5 399 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM
  Completed! BAS Minor in Info Systems & Project Management mohelena02 4 512 02-25-2024, 07:14 PM