Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Google Project Management Cert?
Hi Everyone, 

I enrolled into the Google Project Management to transfer to UMPI. I finished the first course 1 and got a "Foundations of Project Management" certification, however I see 6 other courses. 

Would I need to complete all of 6 courses in order to get the full credit?
Completed:
Physical Science, AAS
 | College Southern Nevada | Graduated Class of 2024  

In Progress:
Management Information Systems, BLS | University of Maine, Presque Isle [Image: logo_main.svg]

Project Management, BAS | College of Southern Nevada  [Image: convert?url=https%3a%2f%2fdxbhsrqyrr690....&type=webp]

Management, BSBA | Nevada State University
(06-12-2024, 05:39 PM)GoBroncos95 Wrote: Hi Everyone, 

I enrolled into the Google Project Management to transfer to UMPI. I finished the first course 1 and got a "Foundations of Project Management" certification, however I see 6 other courses. 

Yes, you have to do them all.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • GoBroncos95
That's correct, you have to complete everything to get the ACE credit, otherwise, you'll just get a cert of completion for each of these and it would not be worth any college credit.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
@GoBroncos95 - Keep in mind that it has been suggested here (by those who have completed it) that if you're pursuing the PM minor that you may be best serviced taking all the courses at UMPI. The reason is they all build off each other, so the project you start in the first course moves to the next step in those that follow. If you skip a course or two in the course series you may actually make it harder on yourself. You may want to create a separate post on this, as things may have changed since they moved to the new platform (making my post now moot).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(06-13-2024, 10:13 AM)allvia Wrote: @GoBroncos95 - Keep in mind that it has been suggested here (by those who have completed it) that if you're pursuing the PM minor that you may be best serviced taking all the courses at UMPI. The reason is they all build off each other, so the project you start in the first course moves to the next step in those that follow. If you skip a course or two in the course series you may actually make it harder on yourself. You may want to create a separate post on this, as things may have changed since they moved to the new platform (making my post now moot).

This is no longer the case. Once the move to Brightspace happened, the courses changed.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • allvia, Pikachu
Why not just do the Sophia PM course? Much quicker. I am a project manager.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
(06-13-2024, 10:44 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-13-2024, 10:13 AM)allvia Wrote: @GoBroncos95 - Keep in mind that it has been suggested here (by those who have completed it) that if you're pursuing the PM minor that you may be best serviced taking all the courses at UMPI. The reason is they all build off each other, so the project you start in the first course moves to the next step in those that follow. If you skip a course or two in the course series you may actually make it harder on yourself. You may want to create a separate post on this, as things may have changed since they moved to the new platform (making my post now moot).

This is no longer the case. Once the move to Brightspace happened, the courses changed.

So would you recommend the course be taken at UMPI or transferred?
(06-13-2024, 12:46 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Why not just do the Sophia PM course? Much quicker. I am a project manager.

The Google cert covers more than just 1 course. You get credit for BUS141 and BUS400 and additional elective credit. Sophia gives you credit for BUS141 only.

(06-13-2024, 01:05 PM)Pikachu Wrote: So would you recommend the course be taken at UMPI or transferred?

Whatever you want to do. The Google cert transfer as multiple courses.  If you're taking it for free, why not just get the free credits?
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • allvia, Pikachu
(06-12-2024, 05:49 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(06-12-2024, 05:39 PM)GoBroncos95 Wrote: Hi Everyone, 

Yes, you have to do them all.

Gotcha! Thank you very much!!
Completed:
Physical Science, AAS
 | College Southern Nevada | Graduated Class of 2024  

In Progress:
Management Information Systems, BLS | University of Maine, Presque Isle [Image: logo_main.svg]

Project Management, BAS | College of Southern Nevada  [Image: convert?url=https%3a%2f%2fdxbhsrqyrr690....&type=webp]

Management, BSBA | Nevada State University
(06-13-2024, 12:46 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Why not just do the Sophia PM course? Much quicker. I am a project manager.

Will that be equivalent?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 317 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,477 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,826 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 721 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Google IT Support vs IBM IT Support ss20ts 0 1,457 06-07-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Google IT Support Professional Certificate - ACE expiring soon? lumina 12 2,161 03-03-2023, 07:34 PM
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 604 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 1,398 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Google IT support from Coursera qualify ACE credit Imbanewbie 74 21,311 01-30-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Tammy Sellers
  BrightBytes acquired by Google! bjcheung77 0 686 10-15-2022, 07:28 PM