Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanish courses for Spanish degree
Not the cheapest offerings, at $1200/course, but it looks like these could fulfill at least some requirements for a Foreign Language degree at TESU. Courses are taught in Spanish:

https://spanishstudies.org/online-spanis...ge-credit/

There is an additional (unstated) fee for getting a transcript from Heidelberg University in Ohio.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Ouch $1200 a course? If one is near a community college I would hope that would be cheaper. Some are even offering foreign language classes online. Does American Sign Language count as a foreign language at TESU?
The problem is that it's difficult to find Spanish culture classes, taught in Spanish. I've seen them cost MORE than $1200, where they exist at all. Getting the language classes themselves isn't too difficult.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
(06-29-2022, 02:54 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The problem is that it's difficult to find Spanish culture classes, taught in Spanish. I've seen them cost MORE than $1200, where they exist at all. Getting the language classes themselves isn't too difficult.

Oh they have to be taught in Spanish. Yeah that is difficult to find. Some colleges used to offer these courses but I'm seeing that many are doing away with them due to the lack of enrollment. Budget cuts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
That's kind of expensive for these type of Spanish courses... I recall colleges have these options to "study abroad" for a semester, taking a course in another country and getting the travel experience + X credits. It would be more credits, but again more expensive, for that learning/travel experience. If the college courses work, I think that would be the best bang for the buck (not the intro courses, the second/third or senior year language courses). Does BYI have anything like this?

Nevermind, BYU-I doesn't have them, they only have the Beginner/Intro courses: https://www.byui.edu/online/course-list
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-29-2022, 07:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's kind of expensive for these type of Spanish courses... I recall colleges have these options to "study abroad" for a semester, taking a course in another country and getting the travel experience + X credits.  It would be more credits, but again more expensive, for that learning/travel experience.  If the college courses work, I think that would be the best bang for the buck (not the intro courses, the second/third or senior year language courses).  Does BYI have anything like this?

Nevermind, BYU-I doesn't have them, they only have the Beginner/Intro courses: https://www.byui.edu/online/course-list

BYU-I is BYU-Idaho. BYU Independent Study at the flagship Brigham Young University in Utah has more extensive world languages.
“For colleges that require an accredited American college to issue transcripts, these can be obtained through Heidelberg University in Ohio for an extra fee.”
Does this mean that basically for a fee you are funneling whatever the program give into RA credits? Is the program accredited without doing that, or is it all agreements with their school list?
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
(06-29-2022, 08:26 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 07:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's kind of expensive for these type of Spanish courses... I recall colleges have these options to "study abroad" for a semester, taking a course in another country and getting the travel experience + X credits.  It would be more credits, but again more expensive, for that learning/travel experience.  If the college courses work, I think that would be the best bang for the buck (not the intro courses, the second/third or senior year language courses).  Does BYI have anything like this?

BYU-I is BYU-Idaho. BYU Independent Study at the flagship Brigham Young University in Utah has more extensive world languages.

Thanks, I was mentally looking for this, but searched for BYU-I instead! Doh!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-29-2022, 09:28 PM)Insert Name Wrote: “For colleges that require an accredited American college to issue transcripts, these can be obtained through Heidelberg University in Ohio for an extra fee.”
Does this mean that basically for a fee you are funneling whatever the program give into RA credits? Is the program accredited without doing that, or is it all agreements with their school list?

I think it's like TEL Learning. They provide the course, Heidelberg does the transcripts. SpanishStudies.org may provide some of the teaching for Heidelberg's Spanish degree. https://www.heidelberg.edu/academics/programs/spanish

Incidentally, a 3-credit course at Heidelburg would cost about $3k. https://www.heidelberg.edu/admission-aid...ition-fees
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
If you're fluent in Spanish, you could take the ACTFL exams for a bunch of credit (24cr LL and 12cr UL, including your Intermediate and Advanced language). It's the 6cr of Lit that are going to be difficult to find. None of these courses are Literature; they'd just count for electives, which aren't totally needed. Bummer.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 611 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,928 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 445 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,529 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 418 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,800 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,929 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,773 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,444 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 371 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger