Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most affordable online Masters program? Any universitys offer in-state tuition?
cookderosa,
thanks for the info, you been alot of help. I think Im going to go for it since its pretty affordable and it's still a M.A. even if I dont get in a adjunct position. Im pretty sure I went to your "huge" cc. If it's the one Im thinking off it just added a nice sciences and health addition. I got many hours from them, I went there the last year they were on quarters I believe. I looked at University of Phoenix requirements for adjunct positions it says:

To qualify as a University of Phoenix faculty member, you'll need to meet the following minimum criteria*:

Have a master's or doctoral degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution (or the international equivalent) related to the subject you wish to teach. (Some courses require a doctoral degree. Being a Spanish MBA online instructor requires being fluent in English and Spanish.)
Work experience related to the subject you wish to teach. Requirements vary by course and program.
Spanish MBA online instructors must be fluent in English and Spanish.
*Each candidate's experience and academic preparation will be reviewed to meet the established requirements developed for each program and specific course. Some degree programs require more specific qualifications.

Getting Started
Because our courses begin each week, it’s always a good time to apply. Your journey toward becoming a faculty member begins with your submission of an interest form. We will then determine if you meet our current needs. If so, your resume and transcripts will be requested, evaluated and you may be contacted to continue with the interview process. If you are selected to be a faculty candidate, you will begin a series of trainings and evaluations before instructing specific courses.

So Im guessing with a Masters it would be very hard considering most of applicants probably have Phd's, anyways thanks for the heads up,
Adam

Messages In This Thread
Most affordable online Masters program? Any universitys offer in-state tuition? - by adamd13 - 09-23-2009, 09:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Sale: Young Online University in California bjcheung77 19 2,946 09-26-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Employment Opportunities in Online Schools BSBRose21 4 674 09-26-2023, 06:19 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  NPR Labeled "State-Affiliated" by Twitter LevelUP 6 927 04-10-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  The middlemen of online higher ed article cardiacclep 0 513 12-31-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
Shocked A ‘once in a generation’ winter storm will impact nearly every state! LevelUP 8 1,320 12-28-2022, 01:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Easiest State to Become a Certified Teacher - Arizona??? sanantone 8 1,995 11-26-2022, 12:46 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Antarctic Theocratic State of San Giorgio Alpha 0 529 09-04-2022, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Modern Languages Launches Online Language Courses LevelUP 0 555 07-23-2022, 11:09 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  US Expat Response to the State of America Kal Di 1 635 06-10-2022, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Program to educate incarcerated people costs 40K per graduate?! studyingfortests 25 2,215 05-11-2022, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Vle045