Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What's the Worst online class you've taken?
#4
Ironically, the worst online class I ever had was also a Managerial Accounting. The class was online but through my college, NCWC.

To me it was obvious the professor was just NOT all that interested in teaching the course. She was entirely too difficult to get a hold of and when a course is 8 weeks long, you need a professor who is responsive and actually gives a crap. I noticed after this class she never taught another one at the college.

I ended up making almost a perfect score in the class only because I think her curve was so extreme. My classmates began to reach out to me for help because they could tell from my discussion postings that I had somewhat of a clue. I know that many of my classmates planned to give a scathing review back to the college.

The book we used didn't have a lot of solved problems in the back, the only thing the professor did do in that regard was send out the answer keys (which had pretty good explanations) from a supplemental book she owned. The tests were pretty difficult even though they obviously came from the test bank from the publisher.

Honestly, to be frank, I find accounting very hard to learn 100% online. The only other class I found to be okay online in the accounting world was personal income tax. The remaining courses I feel I would have missed quite a bit without having a professor speaking from experience about particular scenarios.
Dantes Exams:

Organizational Behavior: 64 (11/14/08)
Intro to World Religions: 455 (11/19/08)

Good luck to all!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
What's the Worst online class you've taken? - by lovetheduns - 12-04-2008, 10:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,203 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,235 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  Homeschooling Teens - ASU class for $299 bjcheung77 4 1,771 06-26-2026, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Stanislav
  Did COVID-19 lead to a sustained surge in online enrollment? Probably not. sanantone 9 2,104 04-29-2026, 02:19 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Looking for online, self-paced computer science core courses that offer RA credits mylo 5 1,727 04-22-2026, 05:41 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Newsweek’s list of America’s Top Online Colleges for 2026 LevelUP 7 6,233 04-11-2026, 01:50 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Lawmakers tried to kill CA’s online community college. Now it’s growing rapidly LevelUP 0 1,015 04-09-2026, 03:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Master List of Online Platforms with College Courses/Degrees SophiaPrincess 15 14,630 01-12-2026, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Kabir
  Easiest online degree tsimmns927 6 2,459 12-31-2025, 04:58 PM
Last Post: tsimmns927
  Cheapest Online Doctorate/PhD thequietman 5 6,250 11-07-2025, 03:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)