Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need an AA in less than 12 months
Hello, 

I stumbled across this forum whilst researching whether or not the "9 month college grad" degree hacking program on YouTube was worth the money. I did watch his introductory video where he states that the key is to find a college that you pay for by term, not by credit and to test out of courses. 
A little background on me:
I am a HS grad and have worked my way up the ladder to HR at a non-profit Hospice (10 plus years experience). My sister in law (MS degree RN) owns and runs a local health care facility. We have been approached with the opportunity to purchase a similar facility in a neighboring state that I would be the administrator of. The catch is this state requires the administrator to have an AA degree or at least an LPN license. I have neither. An LPN would require not only the course work, but the hands on clinical work, so it cannot be fast tracked. So AA degree it is. I need the shortest, cheapest way possible. I am not afraid of hard work and will but the time in as required. I need to get this done as quickly as possible because either my sister in law or my husband will be the "administrator" on paper (which requires they be in the facility at least 20 hours a week) and I will be the designee, actually doing the work. The sooner we can get that administrator role transferred to me, the sooner they will get those 20 hours of their life back!

From the "9 month degree hack", I found UMass may be my best option to enroll in an AA and test out of courses. Has anyone had any experience with them? Thank you so much!

Messages In This Thread
Need an AA in less than 12 months - by ajcolmer - 10-18-2024, 10:35 AM
RE: Need an AA in less than 12 months - by ss20ts - 10-18-2024, 10:49 AM
RE: Need an AA in less than 12 months - by ss20ts - 10-18-2024, 11:52 AM
RE: Need an AA in less than 12 months - by allvia - 10-19-2024, 05:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi! Prospective law school student. Need 30-ish credits to graduate within 6 months. CaughtInTheRye12 23 2,592 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Need 54 Credits in 6 months...help please! JROE 14 2,299 12-15-2021, 12:16 AM
Last Post: JROE