Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prior Learning Art Portfolio Assessment
(05-31-2024, 07:30 AM)allvia Wrote: What about the UMPI BAS with a Marketing Minor, or even the BABA Marketing? That seems practical to the artistic side, and more marketable than a standard liberal art degree (since you have already been working on building your portfolio). The BAS would likely utilize more of your existing credits, and since you already have many tech credits and the BOG AAS you should be good to go that route.

Also, do you have the lab science complete? It is unclear from your posting if you have a lab portion of any of the sciences from Sophia (you'll need that for UMPI)

I didn’t see it on my Credly when I was writing it all out, but yes I have the Intro to Chemistry Lab done with the coinciding class. 

Those are all great suggestion. Maybe the marketing to BAS could be the third minor, I’m thinking the first two could be IT or Business Admin of some sort. 

I’m accepted into the BAS and trying to decide if I’m starting Summer Term II or Fall Term I. I’d like to get the BAS classes done in the maximum of two terms but I’m working full time. 

Got a free scholarship at UoPeople (wouldn’t make sense not to finish it up with only six classes), lower accreditation but has official “Computer Science” in the name. 

Since I’m also one class away it would make sense to just get the EU BSLA as well since I’m basically there. 

Unless there’s some policies I’m overlooking where I’m not allowed to have multiple degrees, I’m thinking of knocking all of that out by December of this year (with the Thunderbird 100 Million learners program). 

I’m also starting to rack up technical certifications like ConpTIA A+ Net+ Sec+ and coding bootcamp (however that market is down right now, I’m 1000 applications deep towards Software Developer/Engineering roles with no luck).

—-

A BFA or even an Associates in Graphic Design is pretty irrelevant especially that I’ve built a vast portfolio.
I’ve browsed the forum where I could potentially get NCCRS endorsed art classes for just short of $500, but at that point I might as well just maximize the classes from a community college. I was curious about portfolio assessments for credits and reached out to quite a few schools, but it doesn’t seem like I’d get as far as I’d hope, plus I would have to pay to do the portfolio eval and potentially get no credit.
I do have a call set up in roughly a week with the chairman of a local art department to discuss basically a pre Assesment to see if I would be a good fit.

However even if I maximize my credits with a PLA portfolio eval, I still have to do a 25% residency at the community college with 5 classes which would total between $1500-2500 total (plus the credit eval costs). They have partnerships with “guaranteed transfer with 4 year colleges, but to my knowledge even if I have enough credits about to fulfill further Gen Ed needs, I would still have to do an additional 25% residency for $1500-2000 per class [give or take].

Especially for a personal degree, seems no way to make it cheap.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prior Learning Art Portfolio Assessment - by 3ichael7ambert - 05-31-2024, 08:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IBM Machine Learning Professional Certificate Nukeme3 4 518 07-08-2024, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Nukeme3
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 445 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Spanish - Learning website security breach bjcheung77 1 1,323 12-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Johann
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 537 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  TEL Learning? faptaincrunch 9 1,685 11-09-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: suzume
  Distance Learning Information and Conversation Discord Server ThatBankDude 5 1,103 06-28-2023, 08:35 PM
Last Post: xianbd
  Coursera, Udemy & LinkedIn Learning ss20ts 6 3,495 06-12-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  ACE/Sophia Learning - Student of the year 2022 winners! bjcheung77 9 1,195 05-08-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: ashkir
Question Ways to Use ChatGPT for Language Learning? LevelUP 1 665 01-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Genius Group (Amazon of Lifelong Learning) bjcheung77 0 459 10-15-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77