Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Virginia University of Lynchburg Accreditation on Warning
(03-30-2024, 05:04 PM)michaeladsmith2 Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 04:19 PM)Airamb Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 04:07 PM)michaeladsmith2 Wrote: yes. ECE says the ENEB masters is equivalent to a US RA Bachelor's degree. that report got me in a Regent University Masters.

If ECE said ENEB masters credits are "equivalent to a US RA Bachelor's degree" , then the bachelor credit will not count towards the 90 graduate credits. It needs to be master's or doctoral coursework! How did you pull that off? I have a high opinion of VUL as it is an established US accredited HBCU school in existence for over one hundred years. I hesitate with schools like ENEB in Spain that flip out master's degrees like pancakes.

I mentioned on this forum many times that the ENEB Masters can be used for any number of academic, workplace, and personal goals one may have. Universities, employers and country & state jurisdictions make up their own policies and rules on accepting or not accepting ENEB. VUL now has approximately 7-15 students that have gone to ENEB, received their singular or Dual Masters, and been accepted to their DHA program. My FCE (Foreign Credential Evaluation) was not only by ECE, but also Validential. Validentail evaluated ENEB as a US RA Masters degree. Not every FCE has to be from a NACES approved provider. And not every school rejects Validentail. 

As I said before, every person has to choose for themselves how they will leverage their ENEB degrees. In one school (Regent U), I got into a Masters with my ENEB ECE Report. In another school (VUL), I got into a Doctoral program. And this forum has already addressed other schools across the US and abroad that accepts ENEB Masters into Doctoral Programs. 

I don't agree with the "ENEB Pancakes" analogy. I did the work. I read the PDFs, watched several of the supporting resources, and wrote 19 APA formatted Master's-level papers. And still enrolled in other ENEB masters degrees - doing the work!. While some my not agree with ENEB's LMS (Learning Management System), there are many schools that do the same thing. Login, read the material, follow the syllabus, and write a term paper or two, all while never really meeting the professor. Yes, there are discussion boards and maybe a ZOOM class, but ENEB is just as Asynchronous as other schools. 

And to achieve 7 As and 2Bs with a 3.82 GPA in my DHA, VUL is very impressed with ENEB graduates.

The problem is that you said that ECE evaluated the ENEB master's degree at the "bachelor level" on this forum. Hence, VUL should not have accepted you or those credits based on that statement alone regardless of my opinion about ENEB.  Sadly, VUL has some oversight issues in admissions, which can lead to University accreditation issues if your ENEB credits are "bachelor's" level. Validential is not found on the NACES website:
https://www.naces.org/members

I cite page 167 of the VUL catalog: https://wp.vul.edu/wp-content/uploads/20...1-2025.pdf
"Admissions Requirements
• A master’s or doctoral degree in a related discipline awarded by an institution accredited
by an agency recognized by US Department of Education.

o World Education Services (WES) or equivalent evaluation for any foreign
coursework "

ECE is equivalent to WES because it is NACES. Is Validential equivalent to a NACES/WES evaluation? Perhaps that is up for debate?
[-] The following 2 users Like Airamb's post:
  • newdegree, ss20ts

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia University of Lynchburg Accreditation on Warning - by Airamb - 03-30-2024, 05:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sabi University Alpha 15 3,465 09-25-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Augusta University Hybrid PhD in Intelligence, Defense, and Cybersecurity Policy Jonathan Whatley 0 157 09-23-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Florida Atlantic University: PhD in CS $34K bjcheung77 17 4,059 09-21-2024, 02:54 AM
Last Post: dserios
  Binghamton University System Science PhD for $15k NotJoeBiden 3 280 09-16-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  University of Central Arkansas's Online Ph.D mohelena02 24 5,491 07-25-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  European International University basu888 51 23,843 07-25-2024, 05:33 AM
Last Post: stevennguyen15691
  12-18 months PhD in Health Sciences - Faulkner University michaeladsmith2 18 1,561 07-07-2024, 08:05 PM
  VERN' and Brittany University doyouhowdo1 5 1,062 06-21-2024, 01:23 PM
  Capitol Technology University PhD in Cyberpsychology Sarit1046 20 1,981 04-23-2024, 01:07 PM
  DBA from Prague University of Economics and Business, 15k Euro durain 6 1,455 03-17-2024, 12:07 PM