Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Please help me map out a good degree path and navigate fin aid.
#4
(06-12-2023, 05:31 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU's IT degree is not going to work, it's very expensive - their only option for someone wanting an inexpensive degree is the CompSci degree.

WGU's IT degrees are a much better option, especially for someone without a lot of GE credits coming in, and a bunch of certs.  Or if you want a bunch of certs, then WGU is definitely the way to go.

UMPI does not have an IT degree, and their BLS with MIS minor is not a great option, so I wouldn't do that.

The only other option is the Purdue Global IT degree.  If you want to get a job that pays for it, you could get a job at Papa John's - they pay 100% tuition at that school, up front, so you're not out of pocket a single dollar (although I don't think you can do ExcelTrack, only the "regular" courses, but it's still worth it).  Their ExcelTrack program is the CBE option similar to WGU.  But with a lot more writing and a lot fewer certs.

If I were you, I'd do WGU.  Lots of great options besides just the straight IT degree.  Can be done with Pell Grants.

As for prestige, there is not much of a difference I don't think.  None is "prestigious." None is "infamous" either, which you'd want to avoid.

Thanks! Your response cut straight to the meat of what I was asking. 

Regarding TESU: I read on this forum that there was a special program for NJ residents which makes tuition essentially free?

WGU looks like a good option that is tech focused, however, I am still going to need to bring in lots of required classes/electives from other sources just like TESU, right?

And then there is the fact that WGU is test heavy, while TESU is a combo of both or at least seems to have the most flexibility in that regard. 

I am split as to which path to take still and would appreciate any other considerations esp weighing in cost/grants and speed of the degree.

Thanks for the responses so far guys!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Please help me map out a good degree path and navigate fin aid. - by teerockus - 06-12-2023, 06:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Options for completing a Master's degree in Education? amos316 5 892 10-02-2026, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Help with choosing Statistics degree Pilotpivot3 8 3,444 09-26-2026, 12:32 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Undergraduate Electrical Engineering degree online cheeseberserk 21 11,262 09-26-2026, 12:22 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Business degree advice please - currently in progress thanks4help 0 302 09-13-2026, 08:48 PM
Last Post: thanks4help
  Best Low-Cost Path to a U.S. Bachelor's or Associate akr680 8 1,736 07-20-2026, 11:52 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Credit recognition for EU Bachelor’s degree: looking for flexible online Master’s pat acajka 6 1,526 07-08-2026, 08:19 AM
Last Post: soba
  Degree eval query joebloggs 1 675 06-24-2026, 09:38 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Pre- rec for nursing degree planning LadySearchDog 7 2,553 06-02-2026, 05:30 AM
Last Post: myriam555
Sad I'm in Degree Hell sal1820 17 4,759 05-31-2026, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Maltus
Heart First US degree, need help. PrinceCharlesLevin 16 2,640 05-01-2026, 05:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)