Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick shoutout to DegreeForum and all of the helpful users...
allvia Wrote:What value added would there be to adding a generic associate degree, the OP already completed what mattered (the bachelor)? None that I can see.  Certainly no purpose for it on a resume/CV.

Exactly.  That's so true, there really isn't one reason to add an associates when you have a Bachelors of your liking and that bachelor degree is the main goal.  There's no need to add an Associates, especially since it's a generic degree.  I wouldn't add it to my resume at all either.  There practically is no added ROI/Value in that additional undergraduate degree... But I would still recommend it!  You get it free on route to the Bachelors and more...

On the board, you have several people who have gone for the Pierpont BOG AAS after they finished their Bachelors, Masters even... and they had to pay transcripts to be sent, even though it wasn't free, they found a reason to have it.  Everyone has their reason for doing things, it might be for ego, novelty item, for show/vanity, or even as an item on the wall as if they were kids or teens who like to put all their awards/certificates.  It can be used for starting a chat, if someone comes by and asks, why do you have two degrees from UMPI?  

In the case of others, who have Associates degrees that ladder up to their Bachelors, they had to pay hundreds if not a thousand, those were used to ladder into the Bachelors degree.  With this freebie, it's in Liberal Studies, the Bachelors is in Business.  If someone was asking me why I got the AALS, I would answer them honestly, the courses in the AA are for laddering into Liberal Arts/Sciences and hold 'some' prerequisites if I ever needed to.  The business degree is just that, for Business as my main major.

Last but not least, OP has the option to add the AALS, others do as well but chose to or not... For me it's like asking for an upgrade and me having the coupon for the upgrade.  Example, you buy a burger, you have the combo coupon for free upgrade, all I have to do is ask for it.  Why wouldn't I want that upgrade?   The same as going on a vacation, I upgrade to a better room free without using any points all the time just by asking or showing membership... Deal or no deal is up to OP to decide.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • uncapentin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quick shoutout to DegreeForum and all of the helpful users... - by bjcheung77 - 08-20-2022, 01:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another quick conferred degree!!!! HBCIRCA14 14 1,782 09-04-2023, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Infinite-Telephone52
  Quick Question about UMPI Alim83 23 3,176 05-03-2023, 06:37 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Quick Classes HeyGuys 5 1,143 03-14-2023, 12:29 PM
  Quick question about applying acethroughcollege 10 1,553 11-15-2022, 03:19 PM
Last Post: KSoul
  Quick question about GEC requirements? IceSparkle 11 1,581 06-26-2022, 08:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Quick tip final exam jb0433 7 1,230 04-06-2022, 01:13 PM
Last Post: sksandorff90
  Quick Question TPG 3 869 07-31-2021, 09:58 AM