Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Already a software engineer, degree worth it?
#39
I was making a similar decision back at the end of 2020. I went to college right out of High School, but never finished. At this point, it makes absolutely no difference for my career or job prospects; I'm already a senior executive at a software company and I have over 20 years of experience. However, I decided that I'd really like to get an MBA; might help me break in to the C-level. The only way to do that is to finish the BA that I started so long ago... so, I decided on ASU, transferred in my credits, and I'm finishing it up this semester. I feel such a sense of accomplishment too - I never thought I'd earn a degree, but here I am, just a little over a month away (with a 4.0 GPA to boot).

My advice - just go for it, even if it's not going to make a difference in your career (and you never know, it might).
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Already a software engineer, degree worth it? - by ArielB74 - 03-17-2022, 07:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 29 4,006 3 hours ago
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,017 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 71,933 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,191 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,102 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,451 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 974 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  UoPeople degree paused in Minnesota TINASAM 11 2,209 06-12-2026, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Degree walls wow 6 1,132 06-02-2026, 07:08 AM
Last Post: wow
  Degree via Validation of Acquired Experience (VAE) wheatenbread 2 1,805 04-20-2026, 01:15 PM
Last Post: PearsonOTHMQualifi7654

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)