Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input!
Provider:
Study.com
Course:
Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design

Course content: How is the material presented? Videos? Text? External content? Do you have to buy/have other materials?
The first chapter being the introduction chapter was only 4 lessons, the other 6 chapters were 7-15 lessons, some consisting of video & text and some being text only. 72 quizzes in total. Each chapter had a practice quiz of about 20-30 questions.

Final exam format: How many questions? Multiple choice? Essay? Both? Something else?
70 questions, multiple choice for the final proctored exam.

Final exam content vs course content/practice exams: Have you seen the information before in the course, or was it a total curve ball?
There were a few questions which I felt were complete curve balls. Based on the practice exams, I thought would of scored around 80% but I ended up scoring around the low 60% according to the score given by PSI secure browser. With that being said - I ran into an issue while taking the exam and it closed out on me within the first 25 minutes. It did let me sign back into it, saved the questions I did answer before it quit and let me submit it when I finished it. So I don't know if I scored lower because of feeling like I was prepared to take the exam and then freaking out when it exited. Not sure if the final has changed much from 2 years ago but according to this post it seems that others faced the same issue with scoring lower on the final than expected.

Time taken on course: Hours? Weeks? Days?
I don't think it had a placement test to test out what I already knew, however I was able to complete the quizzes within a week while also working on Business 303 and Computer Science 303. I did spend about 4 days on the weekend/holiday focusing on the assignment. The assignment seems to be have a bit of flexibility to it - as in being able to make up the solution to best solve the needs of the client in the assignment - obviously you will need to be able to back up the solution with details. My paper ended up being 2500+ words, included diagrams & flowcharts for additional details. Luckily, I didn't get docked points for not being a "traditional" research-style paper by being able to provide real-world analysis and planning.

Familiarity with subject before course: Never heard of it before taking the course, Low, medium, high, I do this every day. How would you have scored on the final with no preparation?
Medium/High. I've worked as a developer for the last 10+ years so all the concepts weren't completely new to me however I did learn a bit as there are some methodologies I haven't been exposed to.

Pitfalls, high points, things others should know:
Don't attempt to multi-task 3 UL courses at the same time, take the practice tests, I probably should of taken them at least twice, just because I felt a bit blindsided during the final. On the assignment, there were times I felt like I was putting more effort than I should and then there were times I just wanted to be done with it by the time I got to page 20. As I wait for the final exam to be graded, the effort with the assignment might be what saves me.

1-10 Difficulty level:
3-4 Easy if you've been exposed to different aspects of the SDLC I guess.
In Progress:
TESU:
BA Computer Science (118/121)
SoonCapstone

Completed: AS in Mathematics, Certificate in Computer Information Systems

TESU: 6 Credits (SOS-110, CMP-3540)
Coursera: 39 Credits (IBM Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations, SAS Advanced Programmer, Google Data Analytics, IBM Full Stack Software Developer)
Study.com: 27 Credits (Management Information Systems, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management, Computer Architecture, Discrete Mathematics, Geometry, Data Structures, Intro to Operating Systems, Calculus)
InstantCert.com: 3 Credits (American Government)
CSMLearn.com: 3 Credits
Sophia.org: 49 Credits
Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service 11 Credits
B&M College: 105.34 Credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes AllThose299s's post:
  • Pikachu

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! - by AllThose299s - 01-02-2021, 01:07 AM
Bus 311 Project Mgmt - Study.com - by khwaja1924 - 01-26-2022, 05:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 69 45,451 Yesterday, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Saver - 30% off 3 months portals 42 7,582 Yesterday, 06:32 PM
  Study.com History Courses lawqueen04 4 237 09-16-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Straighterline Open Book Finals cookiecandle 15 10,870 09-16-2024, 12:24 AM
Last Post: VanillaBean
Lightbulb Study.com 5 Exam Limit per Month Clarification Jaymes 2 291 09-13-2024, 08:06 PM
  Study.com non-proctored final exams Tsanchez123 6 644 08-30-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: wow
  Fastest Saylor courses? evadne 3 397 08-25-2024, 02:16 PM
  Study.com renewal discount Tsanchez123 1 244 08-25-2024, 10:53 AM
  Question re: Straighterline ACC150 ExcellentPhoto 3 326 08-16-2024, 11:49 AM
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 9 3,246 08-16-2024, 11:36 AM