Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is an Ivy-League Nursing school even worth it? Plus I need some advice too
#1
Question 
Today my counselor at CC , printed me out a list of schools that I could transfer and I noticed that she highlighted certain schools like : NYU , Emory and Boston College. When I asked why she told me that the better the name of the school the more money you make when it comes to nursing. Huh . I'm sorta confused because isn't the material at an ivy league school similar if not identical to one at a community college or state university.  As crazy as it seems I'm mostly leaning towards a nursing school with connections to a good hospital and possibly somewhere where it's warm and entertaining and diversified. Ivy League seems desirable but all I can truly think about is the student loans piling up. 
When comes to how you selected schools what traits were important or desirable to you? Also , um how can I truly break free from my controlling dad whose trying to follow me to college?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Is an Ivy-League Nursing school even worth it? Plus I need some advice too - by 2L8 - 06-06-2019, 09:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,254 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,364 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  AOS TESU CS ADVICE Stardeus 1 758 07-28-2026, 08:12 PM
Last Post: truthfulness
  Why Students With Perfect 4.0 GPAs Get Rejected From The Ivy League LevelUP 0 638 05-09-2026, 10:33 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Nightingale Nursing LPN-ASN pre-reqs student777 2 2,386 03-31-2026, 02:00 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Medical School Choices - Extra Options Available bjcheung77 0 1,126 03-16-2026, 11:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CS degree for research grad school ECE focus Miaki 5 2,236 02-13-2026, 09:50 AM
Last Post: mundi5
  International Student (Chile) seeking advice: South College vs. GGU (UpGrad) for DBA? qwiqwiqwi 9 2,994 01-29-2026, 01:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Looking for a school for science classes like Chem Heath 4 2,068 01-25-2026, 08:36 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Is college worth it? This quiz shows the reality. LevelUP 7 2,250 01-16-2026, 10:57 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)