Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Finally got eval back advice wanted BACS TESU
#6
(01-31-2019, 07:31 PM)davewill Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 05:39 PM)darthweezy Wrote: Only issue with SL's C++ class is I would need to ditch either the C or Java class and I really want the Java so it'd have to be C.  Maybe someone familiar with both could chime in on which one should be looked at more and potentially help more down the line C or C++?

C++ is more marketable, and it's sort of a superset of C, anyway, so if you learn C++, you'll understand C to an extent. Ideally, you'd learn both, but you would only use C in an embedded micro-controller type of environment.

C (and C++) are still used in game development as well. I've developed a lot of online games and infrastructure, and most of the time the server-side code is in C while the client code is in C++. But I agree, if you learn C++ you'll learn C as well, but unless you know the differences between them, you won't be able to write standalone C applications.

I'm old school, so I learned C before C++ and tend to default to C when I'm writing something quick and dirty... at least when a scripting language won't do what I want.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally got eval back advice wanted BACS TESU - by Merlin - 01-31-2019, 07:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice needed - Tier 1 Masters or Doc irvineboy 8 765 09-26-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Advice needed TESU Biology sg82 1 364 09-17-2026, 09:38 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Business degree advice please - currently in progress thanks4help 0 283 09-13-2026, 08:48 PM
Last Post: thanks4help
Big Grin Considering TESU - Bachelors ASAP bustinjon 16 3,642 08-30-2026, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Completing TESU History BA Wayne195 1 563 06-25-2026, 04:25 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Degree eval query joebloggs 1 650 06-24-2026, 09:38 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Is My TESU Eval Accurate? (BA Psychology) myriam555 6 1,125 06-01-2026, 05:39 PM
Last Post: myriam555
  TESU BSBA Finance and possible dual degree? Bingo 4 1,317 04-29-2026, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Phyexial
  Degree planning advice request outofcomfortzone 8 1,718 04-14-2026, 09:08 PM
Last Post: outofcomfortzone
  Liberal Studies from TESU to graduate with my daughter cljrmccoy 3 1,074 03-30-2026, 10:35 AM
Last Post: cljrmccoy

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)