Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Bachelors Degree (REL, HIS, PSY, ENG) Assistance Request
(01-04-2018, 02:16 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The problem I see is that you don't have enough UL religion courses to transfer to TESU easily.  You would need 15cr of UL, and it looks like you don't have any.  So you will need 5 UL religion courses from somewhere.

Do you think any of these BYU online courses (300s+) would meet the UL requirement and transfer okay into TESU?

Religious Education--Ancient Scripture

REL A 301: THE OLD TESTAMENT

Historical background, narrative, and doctrines of the Old Testament. Covers Genesis through 2 Samuel.

REL A 302: THE OLD TESTAMENT

Historical background, narrative, and doctrines of the Old Testament. Covers 1 Kings through Malachi.

REL A 304: WRITINGS OF ISAIAH

Teachings and prophecies of Isaiah in light of their historical context and relevance to latter-day people.

REL A 327: THE PEARL OF GREAT PRICE

Historical background and doctrines of the Pearl of Great Price.

Religious Education--Church History and Doctrine

REL C 130: MISSIONARY PREPARATION

Focuses upon the purpose, skills, and doctrines of missionary work and prepares prospective missionaries for a more meaningful MTC and mission experience.

REL C 261: INTRODUCTION TO FAMILY HISTORY

Doctrinal significance, necessary skills, and available resources dealing with family history and genealogy.

REL C 324: THE DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS

Origin, content, and teachings of the Doctrine and Covenants. Discusses sections 1 through 76.

REL C 325: THE DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS

Origin, content, and teachings of the Doctrine and Covenants. Considers sections 77 through 138. Continuation of REL C 324 (The Doctrine and Covenants).

REL C 333: THE LIVING PROPHETS

Doctrines, administration, backgrounds, and current teachings of the living prophets, seers, and revelators.

REL C 341: JOSEPH SMITH AND THE RESTORATION: 1805-1845

Life and ministry of the Prophet Joseph Smith, coming forth of the Book of Mormon, organization of the church, foundational revelations, building the Kirtland Temple, Missouri persecutions, establishment of Nauvoo, and events leading to the Martyrdom.

REL C 342: PIONEERS AND PERSECUTION: 1846-1899

Exodus from Nauvoo, the experience of Mormon pioneers crossing the plains, establishing Zion in the Great Basin, plural marriage and government persecution, the Manifesto, and events leading to Utah statehood.

REL C 343: THE GLOBAL CHURCH: 1900 TO THE PRESENT

The Church in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, international expansion, significant developments of Church programs and structure, the Church during wartime, the worldwide spread of temples.

REL C 351: SURVEY OF WORLD RELIGIONS

Explores the origins, theological doctrines, scriptural works, and religious practices of several internationally religious traditions, including Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, and Shinto. Comparisons are offered between these religions, and Latter-day Saints belief and practice.

REL C 393R: LDS TEMPLES

The nature of temples, how temple service has unfolded over time, and the purpose and scope of temple responsibilities and opportunities. Topical studies in religion based on student interest and teacher expertise.

Source: https://is.byu.edu/site/courses/index.cf...n|paper=on

The biggest issue I have is that they are 2.0 credit hours each. Or would another one of these degrees be better suited for what I currently have (history, psychology, english)? I can also try History or Psychology since I can take those courses with SL/study.com. Which one would be faster though to achieve? 

TY
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESU Bachelors Degree (REL, HIS, PSY, ENG) Assistance Request - by warriortaupou - 01-04-2018, 04:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,470 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 4,034 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,523 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,765 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 4,080 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 3,136 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,617 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,878 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,588 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,784 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic