Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Low cost ACE reviewed history courses from Shmoop.com
#45
I am working my way through the other two classes, the type of questions and format are the same. The only difference I see is number of units varies from 11 to 14, the weight of the scoring for the unit tests and final changes some between them.

The first two sections of the modern U.S. history were covered some in the previous course. I have not gone very far in the European history course, but some of the topics look similar to the U.S course (WWI, WWII, etc), so there might be some overlap. The modern U.S history has the most units, but might be a little easier for some just because it is dealing with more recent history.


ndelcollo Wrote:@edward- that is really good to know. I definitely agree not to let my experience discourage you. It is also entirely possible that I went into the course with the wrong mindset. I think the course just probably needs more focus than I gave to it. For the price of the credits I would definitely try the 24-hour trial and see what you think. I'm still debating myself on if I should just sign up and go for it just because of the price alone. I don't really need the History credits but if I got them I could take the risk that Study.com will have more classes in the future like some of the accounting courses that I could move around. Worst-case scenario would be that I spent $25 on credits that won't fit into my plan.

@edward- did you take all three courses? If so, would you say all three are pretty comparable with the types of questions? I assume they are but it would be cool to get confirmation.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Low cost ACE reviewed history courses from Shmoop.com - by edwardfurlong - 08-05-2016, 08:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb New courses on Sophia daydream 3 875 08-18-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Sophia Courses Physics, Principles of Leadership, Digital Literacy, Intro to Ed LevelUP 5 1,194 07-01-2026, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  List of Coursera Courses expiring on 09/30/2026 LevelUP 0 798 06-28-2026, 10:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Smile Credit Calculus / Statistics Courses Bcopeland64 6 1,444 05-11-2026, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Bcopeland64
  3 Credit Undergrad Courses - $500 MEarlBITW 1 1,158 03-12-2026, 09:53 PM
Last Post: wow
  AA Degree @ TESU - help with choosing courses kevinmane 3 1,724 12-09-2025, 02:43 PM
Last Post: n0fx
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 405 630,372 11-27-2025, 02:20 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  What courses would you like to see on Sophia/SDC/etc? Robson 56 12,646 11-13-2025, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor courses currently accepted at TESU? JayKosmos 9 3,192 11-07-2025, 03:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  More Coursera Courses Mint Berry Crunch 2 2,008 10-09-2025, 07:00 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)