Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
College Math Clep
#7
rational Wrote:In some ways I appreciate the sentiment expressed regarding last minute 'fix all's'. Certainly in this arena there are many who are looking for instant gratification, or quick fixes without putting in the labor. However there are some reasons that I am very limited on time , which I will not go into because it does not really seem to pertain, nor do I expect that others really care. Suffice to say this will be my fourth Clep test, the first three I passed studying perhaps 1-2 weeks for each. I am not a novice at this and understand that there is some normal pattern which is advisable to follow, though this go around I simply cannot do the study, test, brush up simulation (although I have taken math prerequisite classes recently). I am hoping that there are some who might be empathetic, not knowing the particulars of my situation.

I didn't mean to sound like I had an attitude about people who ask for help on short notice. I sincerely meant I don't know what people expect to hear. I wasn't being facetious or sarcastic, I meant what I said: you are either close to your target score or not. If not then with two days left you're probably screwed. If you are close then you only have enough time to make one "bad" topic "good", or one good one great. Whether you have a good reason for such short notice or a bad one doesn't change your obstacle.

If it were me, based on what I know of math now, I wouldn't spend much time on the prob&stat section. It's less connected to the other sections so while it's the biggest single section it's an island. Not much carryover. This is from someone who hasn't taken (and won't) any math CLEPs, just a math major guy. I have experienced how every one of those other topics is connected to each other and actually is interdependent with each other. On the other hand, I haven't even had to take Stats101 at all for my math degree. So I'd skip it if I were you. But if anyone who has actually taken this CLEP and nailed it says otherwise then listen to them. Good luck.
_____________________________________
BA in Math & Psych double-major - Excelsior
Reply


Messages In This Thread
College Math Clep - by rational - 05-04-2012, 12:30 PM
College Math Clep - by NAP - 05-04-2012, 08:45 PM
College Math Clep - by Kaz - 05-05-2012, 01:00 AM
College Math Clep - by rational - 05-05-2012, 10:39 AM
College Math Clep - by clep3705 - 05-05-2012, 06:19 PM
College Math Clep - by dacabbie - 05-05-2012, 08:27 PM
College Math Clep - by Kaz - 05-06-2012, 03:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,300 Yesterday, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Survey: Majority of Americans Say College Not Affordable LevelUP 15 1,650 09-25-2026, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  College costs top $100,000 at 15 schools LevelUP 0 341 08-21-2026, 01:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  This College Now Verifies Students’ Real-World Skills To Help Them Get Jobs LevelUP 0 370 08-17-2026, 08:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,318 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 12 7,015 07-22-2026, 03:25 PM
Last Post: tomicavols
  College Students Are Testing at the Level of 10-Year-Olds LevelUP 8 1,879 07-08-2026, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Academic ‘boot camp’ helps veterans build college confidence LevelUP 0 535 06-30-2026, 07:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Over 41 Million Adults Say They Want To Enroll In College, But Will They? LevelUP 2 734 06-12-2026, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  5 Smart Tips for Choosing a College and Major in the AI Era LevelUP 0 649 05-31-2026, 04:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)