Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Across the Finish Line
[SIZE="7"]CONGRATULATIONS!![/SIZE]
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
Thank you all! And, a little about my journey....... I began taking CLEP tests the summer I graduated from high school (2007), and earned 24 credits my "freshman" year of college, until I began with a college coaching organization, CollegePlus!, last June. I then earned my remaining 96 credits in about a year and a month. Because of my degree, I could have tested out of all of my credits, but I chose to test out of all but 3 in order to earn a GPA from TESC by taking a course. So, I took a total of 31 tests, and found that I much preferred them to taking a 12-week course! Best wishes as well to all of you that are almost finished!

~Candace
cdautel Wrote:Thank you all! And, a little about my journey....... I began taking CLEP tests the summer I graduated from high school (2007), and earned 24 credits my "freshman" year of college, until I began with a college coaching organization, CollegePlus!, last June. I then earned my remaining 96 credits in about a year and a month. Because of my degree, I could have tested out of all of my credits, but I chose to test out of all but 3 in order to earn a GPA from TESC by taking a course. So, I took a total of 31 tests, and found that I much preferred them to taking a 12-week course! Best wishes as well to all of you that are almost finished!

~Candace

First off ~ Congratulations! Sounds like CollegePlus!, once again, has helped another student gain a degree. Do you recommend their services? What are your plans now?
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"]Margo
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][B][B]"By endurance, we conquer"[/B][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="2"] [SIZE="1"] ~ Sir Ernest Shackleton[/SIZE][/SIZE]
for a total of 18

CLEP done through 2010:
U.S. History II (66)
Analyzing & Interpreting Lit (70)
Introduction to Sociology (71)
Social Sciences & History (70)
College Mathematics (57) :o

Hoped for end result before arthritis sets in:
BA in Art, Liberal Studies, or Humanities[/SIZE]
cdautel Wrote:Thank you all! And, a little about my journey....... I began taking CLEP tests the summer I graduated from high school (2007), and earned 24 credits my "freshman" year of college, until I began with a college coaching organization, CollegePlus!, last June. I then earned my remaining 96 credits in about a year and a month.
Your story sounds a lot like what I hope my story will sound like in a year. Big Grin

GREAT JOB.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
LatinTea Wrote:First off ~ Congratulations! Sounds like CollegePlus!, once again, has helped another student gain a degree. Do you recommend their services? What are your plans now?
Thank you! Yes, I HIGHLY recommend CollegePlus! It helped greatly in the way of figuring out what degree I wanted/planning the way to that degree, and it was also very beneficial to have a coach that was not only there to encourage me and help me work toward my goals, but to also walk me through all the processes involved in college application and enrollment, graduation, etc. As for my plans now, I have had a couple of interviews with CP!, and Lord willing I will be working for them as an Advisor in their new program, CollegePlus! Prep.
cdautel Wrote:As for my plans now, I have had a couple of interviews with CP!, and Lord willing I will be working for them as an Advisor in their new program, CollegePlus! Prep.

Funny you mention that. I was looking at CP Prep for my daughter; she'll be in 9th grade this year. I'm not sure she's ready for it or even wants it! Sad Actually, because of her lack of drive, I thought this would be a good way of getting her interested in the process.
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"]Margo
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][B][B]"By endurance, we conquer"[/B][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="2"] [SIZE="1"] ~ Sir Ernest Shackleton[/SIZE][/SIZE]
for a total of 18

CLEP done through 2010:
U.S. History II (66)
Analyzing & Interpreting Lit (70)
Introduction to Sociology (71)
Social Sciences & History (70)
College Mathematics (57) :o

Hoped for end result before arthritis sets in:
BA in Art, Liberal Studies, or Humanities[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcript hold at college. How to finish CS degree elsewhere? HawkofDarkness 35 3,600 10-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Financial aid for on-line study in England? Pelican 7 1,227 06-15-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Finish: This is how it looks like! (78 years later) bjcheung77 1 979 12-30-2021, 08:39 PM
Last Post: clep3705
  Finish! 70 years later - 88 year old grandpa bjcheung77 2 911 12-29-2021, 08:38 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Has coronavirus opened up any new opportunities for on-line art degrees? Pelican 3 1,681 03-24-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  118 Units Complete, How To FINISH? TESU? Narg 2 1,197 11-08-2019, 02:40 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Bals how long to finish? SweetsugarNL 25 4,229 08-02-2019, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  What happens after you enroll to Big 3 and dont finish your degree?? cecilgambe7 4 1,563 07-29-2019, 06:54 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Where to Finish my Degree? natshar 21 3,847 06-29-2019, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Finish Degree at Baker or TESU? dan.g 30 7,262 05-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Last Post: eriehiker