Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C-C-C-Classes question :)
cookderosa Wrote:>>

Thanks so much!!
Actually, these would be in the fall, and would be 16 weeks. I'm still several months away from starting, but I will certainly keep your offer in mind!

I thought I would let you know she just finished her semester and took her final last week. I'm sure she did well.

Let me know if you would like to talk to her.

Good Luck!
I am doing the same as you, I havent taken it yet, more on that later.

My cc req freshman chem and bio to enroll (or so they say,I have enrolled many times having NOT taken a stated pre req). I am trying to find out how much it is needed(the chem really). A neighbor is a Microbiologist I will ask when I can.

I would get whatever Micro books your library has and look through them, get a feel for whether with study you can grasp it.

Probably the most important thing,get a good teacher. You are paying the $$s(like I am) to get the benefit of interaction. I used ratemyprofessor and ran all the prospective teachers names,what a great resource. It used to be a crapshoot or word of mouth.

I would suggest if you can sit with the "returning" students,they will be serious, the kids may or may not.

This book has pretty rave reviews on Amazon,many from med students taking the boards

"microbiology made ridiculously simple",read the reviews for other resources.

As for A&P I am taking the survey course to get an overview and then getting into the semester long classes. Maybe your college has a similar class.

If you try it and you arent doing well you can always drop or audit so your GPA doesnt get hit. If you are studying etc and not doing well then its just not for you.

My mom was a bio teacher she gave me some good advice which was to learn the "language", it is half the battle.

I dont know about doing it with Anatomy but I have seen many warnings not to do Physiology and Micro at the same time,it is a deadly combination.

If you havent,go to allnurses, add a dot com,they general boards and ones by state,I found locals with good info on teachers, programs etc
I did Micro B&M and didn't find it too bad. I liked it better than regular biology, because it seemed much more tolerable in the volume of the info. I'm not a fan of chemistry but I think you would do fine if these were the only classes you took during that period. It also depends on the teacher and how much homework and how many exams etc. My teacher did a lot of lab exams and I love labs, so that helped keep me interested and doing well. I did both of mine while I was pregnant and ended up on bedrest so I ended up with a "B" in both classes because of attendance. I think these are both more managable in a classroom than online as long as you have a decent teacher! I would ask around the school about the specific teacher to get an idea of their teaching format and personality. I find that if I have a good motivated, fun teacher that truly loves that they are teaching I do much better, than someone just trying to earn a paycheck. I think you will do fine! If you get started and find out it isn't going to work, just drop one class and do it the next term. That way you will save you GPA.
Blitzstudie Wrote:I am doing the same as you, I havent taken it yet, more on that later.

My cc req freshman chem and bio to enroll (or so they say,I have enrolled many times having NOT taken a stated pre req). I am trying to find out how much it is needed(the chem really). A neighbor is a Microbiologist I will ask when I can.

I would get whatever Micro books your library has and look through them, get a feel for whether with study you can grasp it.

Probably the most important thing,get a good teacher. You are paying the $$s(like I am) to get the benefit of interaction. I used ratemyprofessor and ran all the prospective teachers names,what a great resource. It used to be a crapshoot or word of mouth.

I would suggest if you can sit with the "returning" students,they will be serious, the kids may or may not.

This book has pretty rave reviews on Amazon,many from med students taking the boards

"microbiology made ridiculously simple",read the reviews for other resources.

As for A&P I am taking the survey course to get an overview and then getting into the semester long classes. Maybe your college has a similar class.

If you try it and you arent doing well you can always drop or audit so your GPA doesnt get hit. If you are studying etc and not doing well then its just not for you.

My mom was a bio teacher she gave me some good advice which was to learn the "language", it is half the battle.

I dont know about doing it with Anatomy but I have seen many warnings not to do Physiology and Micro at the same time,it is a deadly combination.

If you havent,go to allnurses, add a dot com,they general boards and ones by state,I found locals with good info on teachers, programs etc
>>

Great advice, thanks! I am trying to figure out a magic formula lol. I can find "single colleges" that don't require chem for A&P, but then I can't find anywhere that will let m take A&P with micro. If I can take A&P, I won't need chem- but some colleges want micro after A&P LOL. It's a process.
What I'd really like to do is this:
FALL: A&P 1 (4) and Micro (4) with labs, both online
SPRING: A&P2 (4) and an advanced science(?) (3-4) online

I have to factor in a few other pre-reqs too, which I can either test out of (ethics) or use ALEKS for (College Algebra and Stats). I need to take speech too, but I have a plan for that- there is a 10 day mini-semester in between fall/spring that I'll do.

For already having a degree, I need a lot of stinkin' pre-reqs. For those counting, I need 28 credits- and the science is the biggest deal because I just can't figure out where to take them so I can hit all 4 in 2 back to back semesters.

(yes, I am on allnurses.com - that's how I found some great online AP classes, but still no way that I have found to do all 4 in 2 semesters)
ATTENTION ALL FELLOW IC'ERS:

I humbly request that you all refrain from using profanity in these forums. Granted, I am not a moderator of this site, however, there will be NO vulgar or profane language tolerated whatsoever.

Failure to follow this rule will result in a cancellation of membership, along with forum privileges. It would behoove all violators of this act to cease and desist immediately.

We will not and should not degradate the sanctity of this forum with language that is "unbecoming" of an IC member. An IC member should maintain the highest integrity at all times; not for ourselves, but also for our guests. We are, and should always be, striving for what is right and moral. Remember these words, and may they guide the rest of your journey here on this forum.

Now to all of those wondering what this is all about, the following words CHEMISTRY, MICROBIOLOGY, and PHYSICS, will not be allowed on this sight.

LOL!!!Big Grin

"Always remind yourselves that Life is short and to never lose your sense of humor!!! And if you do...trust me, I will remind you."

Peace be with you all.

From a loyal degree seeker,

Marshall
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
Enrolled in BA in Liberal Studies - 105/120 Completed

Associate in Science, Excelsior College
mlwilliamsiv Wrote:ATTENTION ALL FELLOW IC'ERS:

I humbly request that you all refrain from using profanity in these forums. Granted, I am not a moderator of this site, however, there will be NO vulgar or profane language tolerated whatsoever.

Failure to follow this rule will result in a cancellation of membership, along with forum privileges. It would behoove all violators of this act to cease and desist immediately.

We will not and should not degradate the sanctity of this forum with language that is "unbecoming" of an IC member. An IC member should maintain the highest integrity at all times; not for ourselves, but also for our guests. We are, and should always be, striving for what is right and moral. Remember these words, and may they guide the rest of your journey here on this forum.

Now to all of those wondering what this is all about, the following words CHEMISTRY, MICROBIOLOGY, and PHYSICS, will not be allowed on this sight.

LOL!!!Big Grin

"Always remind yourselves that Life is short and to never lose your sense of humor!!! And if you do...trust me, I will remind you."

Peace be with you all.

From a loyal degree seeker,

Marshall

<<shakes head>>
I'm too sick to laugh, I'll laugh tomorrow Smile
Is there anyone out there who's trying for or finished a major/concentration in Biology or Chemistry?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 63 8,777 09-09-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 358 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 275 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,976 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 232 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 508 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Need Music Classes Firedup4Jesus 15 2,357 05-23-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: amomwholearns
  Any leads on cheap-ish studio art classes? RachelB 6 611 05-13-2024, 07:30 PM
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 4,076 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,858 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM