Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Credit for ALEKS Corp (McGraw Hill) Online courses in College Algebra & Statistics
Paul Wrote:If one takes an ALEKS course but isn't enrolled in one of the big 3 or somewhere else until a couple of years from now, where does the credit go until needed? I've been keeping up with this thread but not sure I understand.

I would really like to know this as well Smile Would be highly appreciated!!
Passed:

CLEP: Macro 68
CLEP: Micro 63
CLEP: Sociology 58
CLEP: Psychology: 66
CLEP: Educational Psych: 63
CLEP: Human Growth and dev: 64
CLEP: American Government: 60

Next up:

Alecks Statistics 52% complete 18 More % to go hilarious Wink hilarious
Paul Wrote:If one takes an ALEKS course but isn't enrolled in one of the big 3 or somewhere else until a couple of years from now, where does the credit go until needed? I've been keeping up with this thread but not sure I understand.

According to someone I spoke with at ACE, any credit that is posted on your transcript is valid for life. All you would need to do is request a transcript ($15) and send it to the school you wish to enroll. Sounds pretty straightforward.

[SIZE="2"]LUCK DOESN'T EXIST![/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]"Luck? Luck is when you're at your desk until four a.m. every night chasing deals, and a few years later you look up and your broker tells you you're worth a few million dollars"-RYAN D'AGOSTINO
"You are your own worst enemy. You waste precious time dreaming of the future instead of engaging in the present. Since nothing seems urgent to you, you are only half involved in what you do. The only way to change is through action and outside pressure. Put yourself in situations where you have too much at stake to waste time or resources - if you cannot afford to lose, you won’t. Cut your ties to the past; enter unknown territory where you must depend on your wits and energy to see you through. Place yourself on “death ground,” where your back is against the wall and you have to fight like hell to get out alive." -The 33 Strategies of War[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Hello all,

I've recently been turned on to InstantCert and this forum from an existin member "WendyR" (Thanks Wendy!) At her urging and after reading this forum, I decided to go for it and signed up at ALEKS for the Intro to Stats course instead of taking the standard 12 week course at Thomas Edison State College where I am enrolled. My initial assessment came in at 23%, but after just over 60 hours and one week's time (yes, I pretty much spent the past week of my life on this course,) I finished with an assessment over 70%. I then input the course at ACE, shot ALEKS an email to update ACE that I had completed the course, and in less than 8 hours my course is showing "Approved, Submitted to ACE for Processing". In an attempt to further expedite this normal 72 hour turnaround, I emailed ACE as well.

Thanks to everyone's comments here as you truly helped me to get the concept of why taking this course was a benefit. For me, I'd rather spend many hourse working on soemthing that is being "taught" to me instead of taking a 12 week course of self-study. At least in this fashion I actually feel like I know the material as well.

Just for the record, I've signed up for two TECEPS tests on February 2nd: Sales Management (MAR-322), and Introduction to (CIS-102). If anyone has any pointers for me on either of these two TECEPS exams through TESC, I'm all ears!

DanBig Grin
Hello again,

I'm wondering...since I finished my Intro to Stats class in one week and still have three weeks left under the monthly membership, does anyone know if I can take one of the other Stats classes and complete that as a either a business elective or a General Management Required course (I notice under the GMS required section that I must take courses in three of four areas and all I have left is either Accounting or Finance - I wonder if this Business Stats class might pass for a Finance course???) I don't know if anyone has tried this at TESC, but I wonder if the Business Stats course on ALEKS would suffice in one or both of these other areas if I've already taken the Intro to Stats course? If anyone knows this, I'd be love your feedback. For reference sake, I'm a BSBA / Management track at TESC who only needs a few more credits likely in the form of DSSTs / CLEPs / TECEPs / ALEKS.

Dan
caridan Wrote:Hello again,

I'm wondering...since I finished my Intro to Stats class in one week and still have three weeks left under the monthly membership, does anyone know if I can take one of the other Stats classes and complete that as a either a business elective or a General Management Required course (I notice under the GMS required section that I must take courses in three of four areas and all I have left is either Accounting or Finance - I wonder if this Business Stats class might pass for a Finance course???) I don't know if anyone has tried this at TESC, but I wonder if the Business Stats course on ALEKS would suffice in one or both of these other areas if I've already taken the Intro to Stats course? If anyone knows this, I'd be love your feedback. For reference sake, I'm a BSBA / Management track at TESC who only needs a few more credits likely in the form of DSSTs / CLEPs / TECEPs / ALEKS.

Dan
>>

I'd suggest you take them both (behavioral stats and business stats). Back a few pages in this thread, you will find that another person here knocked the other 6 credits out in a few hours! Even if they fall into elective categories- they are already paid for just waiting for you to grab! Once you get them on your TESC eval, please post where they landed.
Welcome to the board by the way!
cookderosa Wrote:>>

I'd suggest you take them both (behavioral stats and business stats). Back a few pages in this thread, you will find that another person here knocked the other 6 credits out in a few hours! Even if they fall into elective categories- they are already paid for just waiting for you to grab! Once you get them on your TESC eval, please post where they landed.
Welcome to the board by the way!

I would tend to agree, with the exception that all other "free electives" are already done, and if I can't use either of these two Stats classes as either as Business Elective or as a General Management Requirement couse (for the Finance or Accounting reuirement,) then it simply will be wasted time that I could use studying for upcoming DSSTs & TECEPs. Anyone know if either of these two other ALEKS stats classes can be used as a Business Elective or GMS required course in liue of Finance or Accounting category?
caridan Wrote:I would tend to agree, with the exception that all other "free electives" are already done, and if I can't use either of these two Stats classes as either as Business Elective or as a General Management Requirement couse (for the Finance or Accounting reuirement,) then it simply will be wasted time that I could use studying for upcoming DSSTs & TECEPs. Anyone know if either of these two other ALEKS stats classes can be used as a Business Elective or GMS required course in liue of Finance or Accounting category?
>>

Lia can be more helpful, but I think she just took the assessments and hit over 70, so the time spent wasn't significant, I think it was under an hour. I'm pretty sure that it won't count for financial accounting though. It will either be math, or business for business stats and behav. stats will either be math or social science (more likely social science if you have social science major) All guessing- just waiting to see what Lia reports. Anyway, it's still 9 credits for $20
I think I read somewhere in this thread a while ago that only 'P' grades are given with ALEKS courses. Is this correct?
Yes that is correct.
Farmerboy check your pm. thanks

CLEP
Intro to Psychology 53/50
Intro to Management 59/50
Intro to Sociology 62/50
Humanities 54/50

DSST
Intro to Computing 56/45
World Religions 405/400

FEMA

Community College 9 sm hours Gen Elective

[SIZE="5"]CREDITS[/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"]49/120[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,762 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,161 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 6,118 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 5,041 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,281 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,265 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,061 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 3,121 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,346 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 28,096 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk