Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IC to go
I was wondering if IC had any plans of making their material available in written format ( for a fee of course) .

I really like learning from the IC material but would find it more helpful if I could find a way to study it that was not on the computer.

I also think it could open up IC to a new market .

As there are people out there looking for this type of study material but they do not have the desire to be online to study it.

Any future plans to make booklets, printed flash cards, etc .... ?

Peace123
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Exams Passed: DSST : Civil War & Reconstruction : score 59 (A), DSST-Ethics in America (463 - pass), ECE-Ethics:Theory & Practice (A) , ECE: Literacy Instruction in the Elem. School (A), UExcel Poli Sci (B),ECE: PA&A (A) -->Exams taken after BSLS degree : [B][B]DSST : Intro to World Religions (466) DSST: Lisfespan Dev. Psych.(62) Foundations of Educ. (74) , Art of the Western World (69)[/B][/B]

[COLOR="Red"]completed[/COLOR] BS Liberal Studies w/Focus in Administrative/Management Studies & Depth in Psychology (cum. GPA 3.23/ Excelsior GPA 3.88) [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="1"][/SIZE] BS degree conferred 2/19/10 : Grad courses completed : 2 Educ. Grad. courses via Vesi- Morningside College 1 course 3 credits (grade A-) and a 2nd course 2 credits (B+)
I forgot to ask in my original post for others to comment on this topic:

Yes : I would also be interested in having the IC material in a printed form.

or

No: I would not use it or see a need for it.

And why ....

Thanks,

Peace123
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Exams Passed: DSST : Civil War & Reconstruction : score 59 (A), DSST-Ethics in America (463 - pass), ECE-Ethics:Theory & Practice (A) , ECE: Literacy Instruction in the Elem. School (A), UExcel Poli Sci (B),ECE: PA&A (A) -->Exams taken after BSLS degree : [B][B]DSST : Intro to World Religions (466) DSST: Lisfespan Dev. Psych.(62) Foundations of Educ. (74) , Art of the Western World (69)[/B][/B]

[COLOR="Red"]completed[/COLOR] BS Liberal Studies w/Focus in Administrative/Management Studies & Depth in Psychology (cum. GPA 3.23/ Excelsior GPA 3.88) [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="1"][/SIZE] BS degree conferred 2/19/10 : Grad courses completed : 2 Educ. Grad. courses via Vesi- Morningside College 1 course 3 credits (grade A-) and a 2nd course 2 credits (B+)
Peace,

I would definitely go for written or offline materials - but ahead of that I would recommend a couple of other improvements on the testing engine.

1. The ability for the user to note an answer as correct (due to a typo or misspelling). This would allow the "review" function to be truly useful.

2. A checkbox for "review this question later".

3. An ongoing scoring summary showing your improvement as you continue to review the same section.

4. A link to materials recommended by the community (study guides commonly purchased, links commonly used)

Best,

Matt
---------------------------------------------------------
66 traditional credits
(comm. college, UMCP, UMUC)
[COLOR="Olive"]
[SIZE="2"]24 Exam credits: 8 down, and 1 to go ...
CLEP Business Law (August 2008) - 67
CLEP Principles of Management (August 2008) - 75
DSST Principles of Supervision (Sept. 2008) - 64
CLEP Principles of Marketing (Sept. 2008) - 72
DSST Business Law II (Oct. 2008) - 64
DSST Money and Banking (Nov. 2008) - 58
DSST Management Information Systems (Dec. 2008) - 456
DSST The Civil War and Reconstruction (Jan. 2009) - 62
[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"]On the radar:
[COLOR="DimGray"]
CLEP American Government ?? We'll see...

UMUC Summer 2009
IFSM 430 - Info Systems & Security
IFSM 450 - Telecommunication Systems in Management
UMUC Fall 2009
IFSM 432 - Disaster Recovery Planning
IFSM 433 - Info Security Needs Assessment
IFSM 454 - Info Security Mechanism
[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
---------------------------------------------------------
I agree, I would like all of the above, especially if I could print off materials. I have to do most of my studying at work, where I do not have internet access.
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
I disagree. The problem with this idea -- although I agree it would be great -- is that someone would go out there and scan all that material and repost it somewhere. In other words, a printed version would allow someone else to easily steal the work that IC has done. This is hardly fair to them.
B.S. Liberal Studies Excelsior College
graduated Cum Laude
321 total SH of college credit
currently finishing B.S. in Mathematics at UTRGV en route to Masters in Mathematics
current goal: Pass 4 of the actuarial science exams and become an actuary
Retired Intelligence Officer (21 years, 6 combat tours to Iraq and Afghanistan)
Prof Adam hit it right on the dot as to why we don't offer a downloadable or printable format. We'd love to be able to, but it would make it too easy for some people to distribute/pirate our materials.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
Yes, yes and YES!
matt Wrote:Peace,

I would definitely go for written or offline materials - but ahead of that I would recommend a couple of other improvements on the testing engine.

1. The ability for the user to note an answer as correct (due to a typo or misspelling). This would allow the "review" function to be truly useful.

3. An ongoing scoring summary showing your improvement as you continue to review the same section.

4. A link to materials recommended by the community (study guides commonly purchased, links commonly used)

Best,

Matt
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]
i have internet access at work. and i can study as long as im not checking people out. But I would love the correct a mispell thing and the improvement feature!!! I completely understand about the printables, but actual flashcards would be amazing. I was raised on flashcards.
~SBD/Mara

U.S. History I (69) Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (63) U.S. History II (56) American Government (63) Natural Sciences (52) College Math (63) Political Science (UExcel) [C] Principles of Management (58) Principles of Marketing (63) Western Civ I (68) Western Civ II (58) Introductary Sociology (66) Intoductary Psychology (71) Introduction to Educational Psychology (58) Human Growth and Development (68) Social Sciences and History (60) English Composition with Essay (57)American Literature (72) English Literature (66) Art of the Western World (64) Humanities (71) College Algebra (57) Introduction to Computing (426)Principles of Public Speaking (Failed, Re-evaluating) Introduction to World Religions (462) Macroeconomics (61) Microeconomics (58)

Coming up next:
Technical Writing

Currently Taking:
The Literature of the English Bible - LSU Class

Total Credits: 102/120... 18 MORE CREDITS!!
I actually cut/pasted the ques to word so I could be portable when I studied. Took awhile and probably doesn't make sense for most but I couldn't study for 8-10 hrs and pass the DSST's like most on here can. I needed to cut the umbilical cord from the computer because that drove me crazy. Worked for me, once again too time consuming for most.
matt Wrote:1. The ability for the user to note an answer as correct (due to a typo or misspelling). This would allow the "review" function to be truly useful.

Matt

I like your #1 and #2 a lot--those are excellent ideas that I've forwarded on to the developers for possible inclusion in the new testing engine that we're expecting to release in February or March.

My problem with #3 is that it puts a lot of emphasis on the score you get on our flashcards, which we don't want to do because you really need to be placing as much or more emphasis on the explanations rather than whether or not you're getting the blanks right. In other words, you may know what goes in the blank for a particular question and skip the explanation that goes with it--but then you're missing one little tidbit of really important information that'll be important on the test.

#4 - we're looking into some way to incorporate member-created content into the Members' Area. I don't know exactly what form that will take, but it's definitely being given a lot of consideration.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com