Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mit
Massachusetts Institute of Technology offers what they call "Open Course Ware" for most, if not all, of their courses. Unlike Harvard Extension, this method is non-credit bearing. However, unlike HE, its free!

So, if you are looking to learn some otherwise unavailable information, this might be for you.

click here
[U][U]A pass is a pass![/U][/U]

CLEP Passed
Social Science & History (6)
English Comp w/Essay (6)
A & I Literature (6)
Biology (6)
Natural Science (6)
Intro to Psychology (3)
Intro to Sociology (3)
Intro to Educational Psychology (3)
Human Growth & Development (3)
American Government (3)

DSST Passed
Drug & Alcohol Abuse (3)
Organizational Behavior (3)
Intro to Computing (3)
Technical Writing (3)
Astronomy (3)
Counseling (3)

ECE
Research Methods in Psychology (3)
Cultural Diversity (3)

FEMA (25)
NFA (3)

***Admitted to Wayne State University Law School
Any CEU's with these?
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:Any CEU's with these?
>>

Nothing. I have a friend who just finished one. She really enjoyed it, but it is not an interactive "class" it was simply watching the videos. You don't submit any homework or get registered on a roster of any kind, it's totally for personal interest. It is free though, and I know some of these are on iTunes as well.
I don't see any reason NOT to add these to your resume. Definitely a gold star entry.
[U][U]A pass is a pass![/U][/U]

CLEP Passed
Social Science & History (6)
English Comp w/Essay (6)
A & I Literature (6)
Biology (6)
Natural Science (6)
Intro to Psychology (3)
Intro to Sociology (3)
Intro to Educational Psychology (3)
Human Growth & Development (3)
American Government (3)

DSST Passed
Drug & Alcohol Abuse (3)
Organizational Behavior (3)
Intro to Computing (3)
Technical Writing (3)
Astronomy (3)
Counseling (3)

ECE
Research Methods in Psychology (3)
Cultural Diversity (3)

FEMA (25)
NFA (3)

***Admitted to Wayne State University Law School
DetroitSki Wrote:I don't see any reason NOT to add these to your resume. Definitely a gold star entry.

How would you annotate them? Something like... "Non-Credit Coursework, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2008"

Not to knock it or anything, but unless you recieve a grade or are pursuing a degree, I don't see how you could put them on a resume.
Jesse
BA, Thomas Edison State College
MS, Grand Canyon University
I agree with you Hawkguy, I don't see how they could be beneficial unless you are taking a similar class elsewhere and the material helps you. With no roster and no interaction, it seems kind of pointless.
JBjunior Wrote:I agree with you Hawkguy, I don't see how they could be beneficial unless you are taking a similar class elsewhere and the material helps you. With no roster and no interaction, it seems kind of pointless.
>>

Yeah, it would be like renting an MIT video from Blockbuster and then putting it on your resume. BUT, that doesn't discount the awesome access to knowledge! You can use it to prepare for a credit-bearing exam or PLA perhaps. (or <gasp> just for fun LOL)
I watched a couple of the NJIT Org Behavior iTunes videos someone recommended on here to help prepare for the Dantes test. Granted, I did not watch all of them, but they were pretty helpful.

Since I am completely out of coursework right now until January, I have been watching (and even doing the homework) for David Malan's Computer Science E-1 Understanding Computers and the Internet from Harvard Extension School (http://www.computerscience1.org/).

But, unfortunately I don't think you can put this on your resume.
Dantes Exams:

Organizational Behavior: 64 (11/14/08)
Intro to World Religions: 455 (11/19/08)

Good luck to all!
Sure you can:

Things I like to do in my spare time:

Watch educational videos on the internet
lovetheduns Wrote:I watched a couple of the NJIT Org Behavior iTunes videos someone recommended on here to help prepare for the Dantes test. Granted, I did not watch all of them, but they were pretty helpful.

Since I am completely out of coursework right now until January, I have been watching (and even doing the homework) for David Malan's Computer Science E-1 Understanding Computers and the Internet from Harvard Extension School (http://www.computerscience1.org/).

But, unfortunately I don't think you can put this on your resume.
>>

Sure, you just have to pay the $2K hilarious