Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What classes do I need to do next?
For # 4, it's change program to BAS - BJ had a minor typo.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • colonelcamp
(05-25-2024, 11:10 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: No, people think that way as they're going according to a set schedule... There is no schedule for Pierpont, you just apply and send everything.  You can do the UMPI degree requirements for the BLS, it's all the same for the BAS.  You're going to send in the AAS and change the program to BAS (not BOG as I typed in my reply above).  You can graduate your UMPI once you get conferral of your BOG AAS and that's it, no need to wait to apply at UMPI at all, they take the same credits from your ACE/RA credits anyways, and you're progression is requiring more credits from other sources.  Graduate both at the same time, and as a third thing you can do, add the UMPI AALS as it's a freebie on route to your BAS.

BJ can you explain how this works being able to graduate UMPI with BAS at same time of BOG AAS?
Hackingat40 Wrote:BJ can you explain how this works being able to graduate UMPI with BAS at same time of BOG AAS?

Technically, you can't, it's really getting one done, then graduating the next one, and having them sync in graduation. Pierpont graduates 3 times a year, UMPI does this 6 times a year. You get all your Pierpont plus 90+ credits completed for UMPI, graduate Pierpont, while waiting for conferral, you complete the remaining requirements at UMPI. It's a little tricky but can be done...

If you complete the 10 classes/30 residency credits in 1 session, it may align up perfectly for graduation and receiving the diploma. The only thing you need to do is, apply for the UMPI BLS, once the conferral of Pierpont is done, you need to switch the degree. The kicker is, you need UMPI to create an evaluation for the BAS in addition to the BLS, so you know what the remaining classes are.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-25-2024, 12:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Hackingat40 Wrote:BJ can you explain how this works being able to graduate UMPI with BAS at same time of BOG AAS?

Technically, you can't, it's really getting one done, then graduating the next one, and having them sync in graduation.  Pierpont graduates 3 times a year, UMPI does this 6 times a year.  You get all your Pierpont plus 90+ credits completed for UMPI, graduate Pierpont, while waiting for conferral, you complete the remaining requirements at UMPI.  It's a little tricky but can be done...

If you complete the 10 classes/30 residency credits in 1 session, it may align up perfectly for graduation and receiving the diploma.  The only thing you need to do is, apply for the UMPI BLS, once the conferral of Pierpont is done, you need to switch the degree.  The kicker is, you need UMPI to create an evaluation for the BAS in addition to the BLS, so you know what the remaining classes are.

Now this is clear for me.  Perfect.  Thx!

I really thought there was a sequence to it: forst BOG then, UMPI, etc etc... I got it now.

You mention something that I've really been thinking about. Is it really likely to finish 30 credits in one semester? I guess it would depend on the type of classes, plus how a particular person would handle that. Some might while others, no chance. But this leads me to a couple of other questions:

1. What if I failed a class or two or three if I decided to enroll in 10 of them in one shot? I guess I would repeat them in the next session but any other drawbacks? 
2. If I decided to do just 5 in one session and got done with those within 4 weeks, could I add more classes or is this only allowed at the beginning of a session?

I got a bunch more, but I'll start there. :-)
colonelcamp Wrote:Now this is clear for me.  Perfect.  Thx!

I really thought there was a sequence to it: forst BOG then, UMPI, etc etc... I got it now.

You mention something that I've really been thinking about. Is it really likely to finish 30 credits in one semester? I guess it would depend on the type of classes, plus how a particular person would handle that. Some might while others, no chance. But this leads me to a couple of other questions:

1. What if I failed a class or two or three if I decided to enroll in 10 of them in one shot? I guess I would repeat them in the next session but any other drawbacks? 
2. If I decided to do just 5 in one session and got done with those within 4 weeks, could I add more classes or is this only allowed at the beginning of a session?

Unfortunately, unless something has changed in your schedule, you're one of the people I would recommend completing in two sessions. Individuals who I've been telling about the 1 session option are the ones who have energy, time on their hands, plus work at home without much distractions. This is one of the main reasons I get people to fill the addendum and template, it provides a picture of their situation and I can see what options and gauge how things may go...

1) You can't fail, you work hard for the grades and follow recommendations for your draft, conform to rubrics and requirements, you can only do 2 classes at a time and have them open more classes once you're done (think of Sophia.org/Study.com combo), you can do so much at a time, don't rush, pace yourself... If the odd chance you don't finish the class, then that's a fail, you can repeat it a second time...

2) If you do 5/session, then that's 10 after two sessions, exactly what I would have guessed you and some others may need. It's quality vs quantity, all depends on energy, time management. You can only add classes until the last two weeks of the session, most institutions want to have that buffer space for time to complete the classes left. They won't add anything within the final two weeks I believe...

(05-25-2024, 04:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
colonelcamp Wrote:Now this is clear for me.  Perfect.  Thx!

Unfortunately, unless something has changed in your schedule, you're one of the people I would recommend completing in two sessions.  Individuals who I've been telling about the 1 session option are the ones who have energy, time on their hands, plus work at home without much distractions.  This is one of the main reasons I get people to fill the addendum and template, it provides a picture of their situation and I can see what options and gauge how things may go...

1) You can't fail, you work hard for the grades and follow recommendations for your draft, conform to rubrics and requirements, you can only do 2 classes at a time and have them open more classes once you're done (think of Sophia.org/Study.com combo), you can do so much at a time, don't rush, pace yourself... If the odd chance you don't finish the class, then that's a fail, you can repeat it a second time...

2) If you do 5/session, then that's 10 after two sessions, exactly what I would have guessed you and some others may need.  It's quality vs quantity, all depends on energy, time management. You can only add classes until the last two weeks of the session, most institutions want to have that buffer space for time to complete the classes left.  They won't add anything within the final two weeks I believe...
Thx bj. That’s great insight. I had no idea it was like that (only 2 open at a time). I thought they would all be open at once and you just get them done. I do work from home and do have the time with a pretty light schedule. I’m the kind of person that gets absolutely locked in when I want something so I might be able to, but I’ll see how it goes.
Try to shoot for one session, I would not rush it like the individuals who can do 10 classes in 20 days or something like that, I would pace yourself and see if you can get 1 class a week or less, if you can do 1 class in 5 days, you can do 10 in 50 days and thus, you have a days buffer time for the session... Even though $1500/session is an amazing deal, being able to finish is the main goal and having good grades just in case you want to go to a more competitive program later...

(05-25-2024, 05:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Try to shoot for one session, I would not rush it like the individuals who can do 10 classes in 20 days or something like that, I would pace yourself and see if you can get 1 class a week or less, if you can do 1 class in 5 days, you can do 10 in 50 days and thus, you have a days buffer time for the session... Even though $1500/session is an amazing deal, being able to finish is the main goal and having good grades just in case you want to go to a more competitive program later...
Understood. The funny thing is that if I were to enroll now, I might finish the BLS before I graduate from Pierpont in August. I’m going to try to enroll for the September/October session. I’d also like a break from the last 5 months of nothing but studying.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont BOG -Missing 2 classes Dheerajsyz 4 435 07-17-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77