Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com charged me another month without my consent
I know this is how it works now, and I feel so stupid. But I put my debit card information in for a month's worth of the "College Saver" plan and assumed it would ask for permission if I wanted to renew for another month. However it just automatically charged me another $235. I have no use for the website anymore as I already completed the course that I meant to take (and I also didn't enjoy their material, which I thought was very poorly written and full of redundant examples that made it a chore for me to read).

Did I just lose $235? It's been two days since it renewed automatically. Is there anything I can do to dispute the charge?
You can contact their customer service and see if they will credit you.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
(04-23-2024, 09:11 AM)Vle045 Wrote: You can contact their customer service and see if they will credit you.

Thank you!  Smile
Yeah, that's all you can do, unless you want to dispute it with the credit card company or your bank, contacting Study.com would be the first step, if that fails, then the bank or your credit card company. That's all you can do...

Oh, and you should either 'pause' or 'cancel' the membership so it doesn't renew...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If they have good customer support they should refund the fee. let us wait and see.
Did you read the fine print when signing up? Typically., subscriptions auto renew unless you cancel them by a specific date. We agree to this when we sign up for subscriptions. It's up to us to watch the dates.
(04-24-2024, 01:01 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Did you read the fine print when signing up? Typically., subscriptions auto renew unless you cancel them by a specific date. We agree to this when we sign up for subscriptions. It's up to us to watch the dates.

Study.com unfortunately has some discrepancies between the fine print and how billing actually works. For instance, when pausing a membership you are told you'll be notified before that pause ends and billing starts again, but those notifications never arrived for me.
I was unexpectedly charged a few different times over my years using study.com. On both occasions SDC support immediately reversed the charges after I reached out to them and saw that there wasn't any usage in the interval at question.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
That's the only thing you can do, get in touch with Study.com, if not resolved, move over to the bank or credit card company. It's good you're coming on here to ask questions, but all we can do is direct you to the people who can get this done, if you weren't aware of who to contact... Other than that, there isn't really anything we can do further. Keep us updated on your Study.com result, it should be a favorable refund or chargeback depending on what happens next.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I meant to cancel once and forgot (was just taking a break). I just messaged customer service and they got back to me very quickly with a refund.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 69 45,495 09-24-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Saver - 30% off 3 months portals 42 7,622 09-24-2024, 06:32 PM
  Study.com History Courses lawqueen04 4 263 09-16-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Lightbulb Study.com 5 Exam Limit per Month Clarification Jaymes 2 298 09-13-2024, 08:06 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 498,282 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  Study.com non-proctored final exams Tsanchez123 6 650 08-30-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: wow
  Study.com renewal discount Tsanchez123 1 246 08-25-2024, 10:53 AM
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 9 3,256 08-16-2024, 11:36 AM
  Study.com Exam, Accidentally Left Installer Open ExcellentPhoto 2 395 08-13-2024, 06:41 PM
  Study.com—is this course NCCRS or ACE? wow 15 776 08-12-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP