Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused on best way to start
Correct, that's a good mix and match as WGU has a very interesting program as well, so does TESU if you want to do a quick double degree with them. It boils down to what mix/match is your preference. I think a very good option is doing the TESU BACS instead of BSIT, you can add the BS-CIS for the Business degree, so you'll be well versed in both Business and IT/Comp Sci. It really depends on the student and what they're looking for, how they want their mix of things, and their study habits, plus other variables...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Got your PM, (BTW, thanks for the Starbucks coffee!) From looking at the spreadsheet, you've got the Pierpont BOG AAS complete! Quickly make sure you apply for graduation before October 4 (otherwise it'll go way up in price) and have everything sent in, do more credits than needed, get more towards the Bachelors. I'm still leaning back and forth from my original Pierpont BOG AAS, UMPI BAS, UMPI MAOL to TESU double bachelors. You'll need those credits from Sophia.org anyways, get as many as you can (up to 90+) to transfer into both....

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • xsephia
(08-20-2024, 02:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Got your PM, (BTW, thanks for the Starbucks coffee!)  From looking at the spreadsheet, you've got the Pierpont BOG AAS complete!  Quickly make sure you apply for graduation before October 4 (otherwise it'll go way up in price) and have everything sent in, do more credits than needed, get more towards the Bachelors.  I'm still leaning back and forth from my original Pierpont BOG AAS, UMPI BAS, UMPI MAOL to TESU double bachelors.  You'll need those credits from Sophia.org anyways, get as many as you can (up to 90+) to transfer into both....

Awesome thank you for the reply!  Does this mean I do not need to do the ASU course for the RA credit?
(08-20-2024, 03:30 PM)xsephia Wrote:
(08-20-2024, 02:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Got your PM, (BTW, thanks for the Starbucks coffee!)  From looking at the spreadsheet, you've got the Pierpont BOG AAS complete!  Quickly make sure you apply for graduation before October 4 (otherwise it'll go way up in price) and have everything sent in, do more credits than needed, get more towards the Bachelors.  I'm still leaning back and forth from my original Pierpont BOG AAS, UMPI BAS, UMPI MAOL to TESU double bachelors.  You'll need those credits from Sophia.org anyways, get as many as you can (up to 90+) to transfer into both....

Awesome thank you for the reply!  Does this mean I do not need to do the ASU course for the RA credit?

No, you do need that, you'll need to complete that and send the transcripts in... That's different than the Coursera and Sophia.org credits, even though you have 95 credits, you don't have any graded credit yet. Quickly finish that class and send it in... Apply for Pierpont, apply for graduation, send all Credly transcripts, complete the ASU and send the Parchment transcript.

OH, just PM you back with: Have you decided on UMPI BAS + MAOL or TESU double Bachelors? At the end of the day, I think I'll recommend the UMPI route as you get a Masters vs another Bachelors...

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • xsephia
hey just to update, it seems the RA credit i planned on getting from ASU has been changed, CIS 194 is now "Cloud Foundations" and not the class listed in the wiki "Technical Support Fundamentals (1 credit)". Anyone else gone through this and know of another way to get the ASU course? or should i look into other options
WIKI has the correct class, it should point you to this one when you click the link: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/business-tech...s-cis-194/
Don't deviate from the WIKI, the other class costs $425, this one is just $25 plus transcripts to send to Pierpont to get your BOG AAS, do it ASAP...

(09-02-2024, 12:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: WIKI has the correct class, it should point you to this one when you click the link: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/business-tech...s-cis-194/
Don't deviate from the WIKI, the other class costs $425, this one is just $25 plus transcripts to send to Pierpont to get your BOG AAS, do it ASAP...

i see ok, i guess maybe its because my ID isnt verified yet that i cant add it, when i go to add course i dont get that one as an option, should be verified in a day or so
Weird, can't you click the link I just have and 'register' with that link? Hmm... Interesting indeed...

(09-02-2024, 12:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Weird, can't you click the link I just have and 'register' with that link? Hmm... Interesting indeed...

i ended up having to contact support and they fixed it for me in a couple days, seems it was bugged for me!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU Personalized Start: Single Courses Now $99, With Limits Jonathan Whatley 6 1,335 07-14-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Will start in over a month, what can I do in the mean time? thepoetvd776 5 1,086 01-15-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  WGU Term Start/Acceptance Question...... Toastmaster 14 4,408 09-22-2017, 10:21 PM
Last Post: dfrecore