Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me : )?
Hey all, it’s me Alvin! So, I’ve gotten my UMPI transfer credits accepted 6:21AM Pacific Time. Did a little GLO brainstorming and I need your help!  For GLO:5 I need Geo 100, Spanish 101, and POS 101. Does anyone have any recommendations on taking a very quick ACE language course to meet GEC requirements? Doesn’t have to be Spanish, and can be any relative language course accepted by UMPI. Human biology from Sophia has been accepted for the 103 requirement, I just now need the Lab! GLO 1: just lacks POS 101, and it’ll be complete. GLO:2 is finished. GLO:3 only requires Bio lab for completion, GLO:4 only requires FYS
I’m thinking Bio Lab through sophia with permission. I Lack 21/24 UL elective credits, 15/18 Management minor credits, and 5 courses of Gec to complete. 84 credit hours transferred in out of 90. Going to try to do LAB and Language as my last transfer credits, if I’m allowed. Honestly I don’t feel very setback, because the minor had added 5 courses. Without it, I’d be sitting at only needing 12 classes!!!!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  
I’m extremely excited and optimistic. All advice is welcome
Here is the Sophia to UMPI wiki, all your GEC needed can be completed through so Sophia (plus nothing quicker or cheaper)  - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents

You'll want to make sure to take HUMAN Bio (and lab) as we know that works.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-13-2023, 10:12 AM)allvia Wrote: Here is the Sophia to UMPI wiki, all your GEC needed can be completed through so Sophia (plus nothing quicker or cheaper)  - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents

Oh epic! Looks like 4 will be completed with orientation, and 1A will be completed with US government, along with 5E. 3 will be finished after Bio Lab, and 5 lacks Sociology and Spanish 101.

US Gov
Spanish 101
Orientation
Bio Lab
Sociology 

THANKS A MILLION!
When did you send in your transcripts? I am still waiting for my evaluation.
@AlvinG, great stuff, you're at 84 credits... I am wondering, did you transfer more than 90 or just 90 credits into UMPI and they only accepted 84? You should continue taking Sophia.org classes that will get you to the 90 max. You need to make sure to take the required 30 at UMPI, here's your previous thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...hool-route
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-13-2023, 10:37 AM)AlvinG Wrote:
(08-13-2023, 10:12 AM)allvia Wrote: Here is the Sophia to UMPI wiki, all your GEC needed can be completed through so Sophia (plus nothing quicker or cheaper)  - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents

Oh epic! Looks like 4 will be completed with orientation, and 1A will be completed with US government, along with 5E. 3 will be finished after Bio Lab, and 5 lacks Sociology and Spanish 101.

US Gov
Spanish 101
Orientation
Bio Lab
Sociology 

THANKS A MILLION!

You'll complete Orientation at UMPI. It's a requirement of all students. It's basically teaching you how to use Brightspace which is the learning platform you'll be using at UMPI. It's a 0 credit course.
(08-13-2023, 10:44 AM)Ebroady23 Wrote: When did you send in your transcripts? I am still waiting for my evaluation.

10th** of July! Took a little while, I didn’t think I was making it. Thankfully the UMPi team is small but efficient. They have made the process easy. They also made sure to get my Fafsa approved first. Took roughly 4-7 days. 
Contact Mrs. Winslow immediately with your Umpi email account, explain who you are and let her know you’re interested in enrolling in the Fall 1 Term. I just did that on Thursday, and bingo I’m in. I emailed her off my umpi email and main email which I used to enroll. She responded to my main email.
Email- jessica.b.winslow@maine.edu

(08-13-2023, 11:30 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @AlvinG, great stuff, you're at 84 credits... I am wondering, did you transfer more than 90 or just 90 credits into UMPI and they only accepted 84?  You should continue taking Sophia.org classes that will get you to the 90 max.  You need to make sure to take the required 30 at UMPI, here's your previous thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...hool-route
Hey BJ! Only 84 transferred in, a few were rejected but nothing Sophia related. One of my CRMJ courses actually transferred in as a 300+ upper division criminal law course which was nice. 
I’m definitely signing back up for Sophia soon, I have to knock out those last courses with dreaded touchstones *shudders*
Since you only have space for 6cr more, just make sure that they bring i those credits that you're going to take and "remove" courses you don't need from the Free Electives area. I'm not sure if they do that automatically, or if you need to ask. I know at TESU, they bring in credits based on priority (AoS/major, then specific requirements in the GE area, then GE courses, then free electives). They also prioritize RA credits over alt-credit so that you can hit the 24cr of RA required.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA