Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA Operations Management AOS
Hmm, can you do the 'what if' for the BSBA GM and also a 'what if' for the operations management certificate? Paste that as a screenshot here... I think they're making the BSBA OM follow the same courses as required for the OM cert.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Definitely need to update the wiki on this! Back to the drawing board I go...
(07-07-2023, 01:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, can you do the 'what if' for the BSBA GM and also a 'what if' for the operations management certificate? Paste that as a screenshot here... I think they're making the BSBA OM follow the same courses as required for the OM cert.
Yep, will do. Question - is BSBA with no focus a degree option? I dont need ops management, I'm going to roll right into an MBA. I just really don't want the BALS and I don't have the headspace to finish three comp sci classes to get the CIS  Big Grin

Both are attached. I guess I might just switch to general management. ETA: I only see BS General Mg, not a BSBA.

Attached Files
.png   genmanevaljul.png (Size: 303.38 KB / Downloads: 8)
.png   opsman.png (Size: 284.68 KB / Downloads: 7)
(07-07-2023, 07:10 PM)dillpickles Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 01:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, can you do the 'what if' for the BSBA GM and also a 'what if' for the operations management certificate? Paste that as a screenshot here... I think they're making the BSBA OM follow the same courses as required for the OM cert.
Yep, will do. Question - is BSBA with no focus a degree option? I dont need ops management, I'm going to roll right into an MBA. I just really don't want the BALS and I don't have the headspace to finish three comp sci classes to get the CIS  Big Grin

Both are attached. I guess I might just switch to general management. ETA: I only see BS General Mg, not a BSBA.

In the TESU 'What if' tool the BSBA General Management shows as BS General Management now. Actually all the BSBA now show as BS in the AOS (they started showing that was last year I believe).  You will still graduate with a BSBA, in whatever OS you choose. The GM is the easiest to obtain due to credits being so readily available to meet the requirements; it is the closest thing there is to 'no concentration' AOS for the TESU BSBA.  Personally, it has served me quite well.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

@dillpickles, you need just two more for the GM AOS, pick two of 3 subjects, Accounting, Finance, Marketing as you already have Management, it won't allow that subject for the remaining two courses in the GM AOS. Good luck, have fun completing the final two remaining (and of course any other requirements that need to be completed besides these two).

(07-08-2023, 10:13 AM)allvia Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 07:10 PM)dillpickles Wrote: Yep, will do. Question - is BSBA with no focus a degree option? I dont need ops management, I'm going to roll right into an MBA. I just really don't want the BALS and I don't have the headspace to finish three comp sci classes to get the CIS  Big Grin

The GM is the easiest to obtain due to credits being so readily available to meet the requirements; it is the closest thing there is to 'no concentration' AOS for the TESU BSBA.  Personally, it has served me quite well.

Actually for many, the GM is not the easiest to fulfill - if you have a bunch of UL management courses like I did, you can't use them all.  So you may be better off doing a more specific AoS.  I personally HATE TESU's requirement that you take courses from 3 out of 4 areas.  I feel like "General" Management should be...general.  As in, if you had all management courses, that should work.  But instead, you must take Accounting or Finance or Marketing.  If you have no interest in those, then you're kind of stuck.

FYI, all of the following count as "management": Quality Management, Supply Chain, Ops Management, Project Management, CIS, Human Resources, Entrepreneurship/Small Business, Healthcare Management, International Business.  So you are limited to 4 courses in all of this, and then you have to take at least 2 ccourses in either FIN/ACC/MAR.  Seems kind of crazy to lump all of these together as one "area."
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • rachel83az
Yeah, thankfully I work in marketing so can fill those requirements easily. I'll just need to slog through a finance class and call it good Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes dillpickles's post:
  • allvia
All personal preference, it doesn't have to be a Finance course, you can do an Accounting course if you prefer that instead... really depends on you and what providers you're interested in... try the ACE/NCCRS that are exam based if you want to go through with exams, or go with the ones that have assignments.

I'm going to just respond to this thread instead of creating another.  

SO - all of my evals are done, and I'm in a good place and going to do one 15cr semester. BS Gen Management is a definite - but here's my question: Looking at the evals, can I easily do BALS Nat Sci and Math? Yes, I know I'll need to do two capstones in the semester but one thing I can do well and quickly is to write. 

Thoughts?

I know that only so many credits can apply from one degree to another so I can't truly tell if this is reasonable with a few TESU or SDC classes. Currently taking Finance UL at SDC and Ops Mgmt UL at SDC to fulfull the AOS for Management. Thanks!

Thinking: Physiological Psychology at TESU
one more LL? It looks like CIS1070 *should* apply but isn't applying.

Attached Files
.png   bsbageneralman (1).png (Size: 230.85 KB / Downloads: 6)
.png   nsm.png (Size: 188.51 KB / Downloads: 7)
Sure, why not? If you have enough for UL for the BALS NSM, sure, why not? Take an extra couple of CS/CIS courses that will come in as upper level and you'll be good to go... It really depends on the energy, money, time you want to spend on your degree, for an extra capstone to get a BALS NSM is up to you. You can extend the two capstones if it comes down to extra work and you're bogged down...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 128 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 5 781 04-29-2024, 10:29 AM
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 50 7,273 04-26-2024, 09:25 AM
  Operations Management Cert Add-on Dosada 2 386 03-26-2024, 05:20 AM
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 1,273 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,781 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 3,185 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,488 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 662 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,772 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM