Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filling in Gen Ed gaps
(05-28-2021, 03:52 PM)jadkins77 Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 10:19 PM)ss20ts Wrote: GEC 4A is not a course you can transfer in. Your orientation on YourPace fills this.
GEC 2D has to be a studio art course you transfer in. There is no Sophia equivalent. You'll need to take the course UMPI offers for this.
GEC 3C Sophia's Human Biology did not transfer in for this for me.
GEC 3E does not have a Sophia class. You can take a class on Study.com and transfer that in. You would take Biology 101L Introduction to Biology with Lab. It MUST be a lab science or you take the lab science through YourPace.
GEC 5C you can complete with Spanish 1 on InstantCert.

Thank you!

(05-28-2021, 12:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: It sounds like you need life science, and you need a science lab - the best way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone is to take Study.com's BIO 101L: Intro to Biology w/Lab.  It will cost $199 for the month, plus $50 for the virtual lab.  I would take an additional course, since you get it with your monthly subscription price.  I'd probably just take SPA 101: Beginning Spanish; unless you can find something that will come in for your major instead.

Thank you! Wondering if Beginning Spanish from Study.com would transfer in like Instacert's Spanish? Assuming so?

I would assume so.  Seems like they've taken everything so far.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-28-2021, 09:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 03:52 PM)jadkins77 Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 10:19 PM)ss20ts Wrote: GEC 4A is not a course you can transfer in. Your orientation on YourPace fills this.
GEC 2D has to be a studio art course you transfer in. There is no Sophia equivalent. You'll need to take the course UMPI offers for this.
GEC 3C Sophia's Human Biology did not transfer in for this for me.
GEC 3E does not have a Sophia class. You can take a class on Study.com and transfer that in. You would take Biology 101L Introduction to Biology with Lab. It MUST be a lab science or you take the lab science through YourPace.
GEC 5C you can complete with Spanish 1 on InstantCert.

Thank you!

(05-28-2021, 12:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: It sounds like you need life science, and you need a science lab - the best way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone is to take Study.com's BIO 101L: Intro to Biology w/Lab.  It will cost $199 for the month, plus $50 for the virtual lab.  I would take an additional course, since you get it with your monthly subscription price.  I'd probably just take SPA 101: Beginning Spanish; unless you can find something that will come in for your major instead.

Thank you! Wondering if Beginning Spanish from Study.com would transfer in like Instacert's Spanish? Assuming so?

I would assume so.  Seems like they've taken everything so far.
I took Spanish through Study.com and they accepted it.  I begin 7/4.
(06-28-2023, 12:16 PM)GRHODES1 Wrote: I took Spanish through Study.com and they accepted it.  I begin 7/4.

This thread is from 2 years ago. Study has a page which shows which courses transfer in from Study to UMPI and what they transfer in as. I don't believe this page existed back then.
In 2021, the SDC transfer page definitely didn't exist. We didn't even know about the official UMPI transfer database. If it even existed. I assume it did, but we weren't made aware of it until March 2022.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210