Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Drafts?
Hey everyone,

Just wondering what happens when you submit a final project as a draft.  I'm assuming the professor gives you feedback, but assuming it's good enough to pass, do they tell you you're good to submit it as the final?  

For all the classes I've passed so far, I just submitted everything as the final.  I just don't want to create extra work for myself if I submit a final that's good enough to pass and the professor comes back with notes and now I'm spending time cleaning up something I don't have to.  

Thx!
(05-09-2023, 09:29 AM)mikehart82 Wrote: Hey everyone,

Just wondering what happens when you submit a final project as a draft.  I'm assuming the professor gives you feedback, but assuming it's good enough to pass, do they tell you you're good to submit it as the final?  

For all the classes I've passed so far, I just submitted everything as the final.  I just don't want to create extra work for myself if I submit a final that's good enough to pass and the professor comes back with notes and now I'm spending time cleaning up something I don't have to.  

Thx!

The professors that I had only gave feedback when needed. If the project was good enough for the draft they would just say to submit as final.
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
First you submit it as a Rough Draft. The professor will return it to you with feedback. Sometimes they will want changes. Sometimes they will say submit it as it is. Either way you have to submit it again as the Final Draft. You'll see those 2 buttons when you go to submit the Final Assessment - Rough Draft and Final. Always submit a Rough Draft unless you've missed the deadline at the end of the session.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • acethroughcollege, origamishuttle
(05-09-2023, 11:07 AM)ss20ts Wrote: First you submit it as a Rough Draft. The professor will return it to you with feedback. Sometimes they will want changes. Sometimes they will say submit it as it is. Either way you have to submit it again as the Final Draft. You'll see those 2 buttons when you go to submit the Final Assessment - Rough Draft and Final. Always submit a Rough Draft unless you've missed the deadline at the end of the session.

Do they follow the same 72 hour rule for returning drafts as with milestones?
(05-24-2023, 12:45 PM)Infinite-Telephone52 Wrote:
(05-09-2023, 11:07 AM)ss20ts Wrote: First you submit it as a Rough Draft. The professor will return it to you with feedback. Sometimes they will want changes. Sometimes they will say submit it as it is. Either way you have to submit it again as the Final Draft. You'll see those 2 buttons when you go to submit the Final Assessment - Rough Draft and Final. Always submit a Rough Draft unless you've missed the deadline at the end of the session.

The professors are supposed to follow the rule. Some don't which is super annoying. I started emailing the professor to let them know I submitted my Rough Draft. Some professors have said that they don't get the email alerting them to the Rough Draft being submitted. Probably lost in the spam folder or wherever email gets stuck in the internet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
(05-24-2023, 02:55 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-24-2023, 12:45 PM)Infinite-Telephone52 Wrote:

The professors are supposed to follow the rule. Some don't which is super annoying. I started emailing the professor to let them know I submitted my Rough Draft. Some professors have said that they don't get the email alerting them to the Rough Draft being submitted. Probably lost in the spam folder or wherever email gets stuck in the internet.
Thanks for your reply. I'm dealing with one of those professors now, he takes 4-5 days to affirm milestones so I guess I will be waiting.
(05-24-2023, 03:07 PM)Infinite-Telephone52 Wrote: Thanks for your reply. I'm dealing with one of those professors now, he takes 4-5 days to affirm milestones so I guess I will be waiting.

I'd email him, Cody, and Jessica every single day once you hit the 72 hour mark. After 5 days, I start adding the Dean to the email. The guy is getting paid and not fulfilling his job requirements.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Infinite-Telephone52, origamishuttle
Just a reminder, if you've submitted drafts for both of your competencies, you may request another course while you are waiting for them to be affirmed.
(05-25-2023, 12:51 AM)jonesmd93 Wrote: Just a reminder, if you've submitted drafts for both of your competencies, you may request another course while you are waiting for them to be affirmed.
I appreciate that! Now that I'm done with my two classes (waiting on last draft) I am going to try to finish the 8 classes I have left on Sophia before Summer II starts Smile Although Biology and Spanish may slow me down.
(05-25-2023, 07:16 AM)Infinite-Telephone52 Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 12:51 AM)jonesmd93 Wrote: Just a reminder, if you've submitted drafts for both of your competencies, you may request another course while you are waiting for them to be affirmed.
I appreciate that! Now that I'm done with my two classes (waiting on last draft) I am going to try to finish the 8 classes I have left on Sophia before Summer II starts Smile Although Biology and Spanish may slow me down.

Have you only taken 2 classes this session at UMPI? You can add more! If you have only taken 2 classes, those are expensive classes at $700 each.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW UMPI UNDERGRADS -- USE THE DRAFTS ashkir 35 18,590 09-13-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  BUS 325 final Somegirl00 1 169 08-13-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BUS 325 Final Mitch23 3 610 03-25-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bus 321 final assessment scenarios MikeyJeff 7 961 10-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: MichaelDoesMarketing
  ungraded final after 11 days? PineapplePen 26 3,095 08-14-2023, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Baezbug
  MAT-140 Final klone 1 430 07-06-2023, 11:21 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Received a Failing Grade, but Passed the Final Assessment? TaraRogan 5 1,214 03-18-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: TaraRogan
  Multiple choice exam on final assessments twy2024 21 3,358 03-02-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: kidneysmasher
  Anyone have idea about final of these classes Sara143 13 1,750 02-04-2023, 08:14 PM
Last Post: loops77
  Final paper prompt for UMPI business/ pm classes? studyspo.dreaming 5 1,218 12-13-2022, 11:59 PM
Last Post: ss20ts