Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post your degree plans!
These are great! I hope to be posting my own soon...

Big Grin
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Lindagerr Wrote:Actually I am going away all by myself for the whole month of August. hilarious hilarious I will be in Vermont enjoying the solitude and trying to come up with a degree plan that calls for lots of testing ( I am considering TESC comprehensive plan so lots of TECEPs) and a couple of PLA's and hopefully only 1-3 classes to bring my GPA back up.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I need 14 General Education electives, 8 Natural science credits for my concentration 5 of those upper level, and 23 general elective credits (probablt mostly FEMA)

I think some of my credits are in wierd places now, but this is what TESC sent me.

Linda,
I am confused - they have your title listed on your eval as Liberal Arts, is your concentration Natural Science & Mathematics?
I could not find a BS degree to do so I am doing a BA in Liberal arts. I just have a lot of science & math courses taken or that I want to take so that will be my concentration. Or that is my plan anyway
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Lindagerr Wrote:I could not find a BS degree to do so I am doing a BA in Liberal arts. I just have a lot of science & math courses taken or that I want to take so that will be my concentration. Or that is my plan anyway

Ok, so do you know you can do a BA in Natural Sciences/Math? In fact, you are very close. It allows you to combine any number of math and science courses for your major-without the headache of specific courses of a major. (and you can use nearly 100% testing plus FEMA) It's just a click above liberal arts- but not the narrow focus of a single major. TESC has 3 of these concentrations: Social Science, Humanities, and Natural Science/Math.

I really liked doing social sciences since I enjoy the material in general, but I didn't want the depth of a major in only specific area OF the social sciences.

Here is the link: Thomas Edison State College | BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics Credit Distribution
Let me know if you have any questions. I don't know squat about science, but I understand the requirements of this type of TESC degree really well.
I don't know how I missed that. :eek: I think I was looking for a BS in Natural Sciences/Math I never considered it couls be a BA. I will call TESC later and see about changing that. It makes more sense with my background and amount of science to go for that.

THANK YOU[SIZE="7"][/SIZE]
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Lindagerr Wrote:I don't know how I missed that. :eek: I think I was looking for a BS in Natural Sciences/Math I never considered it couls be a BA. I will call TESC later and see about changing that. It makes more sense with my background and amount of science to go for that.

THANK YOU[SIZE="7"][/SIZE]

Hey, I love to rock hilarious
You are very welcome!
Well I called today and made an appointment to talk to Dr. Keel about an advisor who can advise. I was told advisors don't do that they just advise you if what you want is ok or not. I guess I am old fashion I thoght an advisor was supposed to give advice?? So anyway I put in my request for my change to BA Natural Science/Math. Once I have this degree plan I can get down to filling in the blanks.

THis board has taught me more then hours of looking at college sites.

Thank you again Jennifer you are the High Priestess of TESC knowedge!Big Grin
Linda

yes this board is much more useful and friendly comparedto ppl at TESC
What is the easier of the two degrees (LA/SS) at TESC?

I have a alot of excess credit I need to plug into some type of degree.

I have applied for Liberal arts at TESC and have almost completed my degree in BS Crim Justice at EC

I have to take another English class or clep english w/essay fresh comp w/essay?

Any Takers or ideas?
Lindagerr Wrote:I was told advisors don't do that they just advise you if what you want is ok or not. I guess I am old fashion I thoght an advisor was supposed to give advice??

THis board has taught me more then hours of looking at college sites.

Wow, well who knew that about advisers!

ITA about the forum here. I have looked at TESC since '05 but never known *how* to get started on testing, not to mention what to study for the tests.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 439 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,527 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 414 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,911 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,416 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,409 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,624 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 769 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,973 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Teen walks at graduation after completing doctoral degree at 17 lisarox 9 894 05-17-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy