Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPA requirements for uopeople degree
This might sound dumb.

I am looking at enrolling into bachelor of science in business administration at University of the people.
Anyone know if I can use this degree for CPA requirements/certification. Or do I have to take a master degree in accounting someplace else using the the degree to do so.
It depends on your state and your state's requirements. Each state is different. You might have to have a Regionally Accredited degree. UoPeople is, right now, only Nationally Accredited. A lot of schools won't accept a UoPeople degree for entrance to one of their Master's programs. A Master's degree might or might not be required to sit the CPA exam. You might only need a minimum number of (RA) college credits. In NJ, I think that the requirement is something like 150 college credits. This can be 120 Bachelor's credits + graduate degree or it can be 150 total credits on a Bachelor's degree transcript. Other states vary widely.

It's not quite as cheap as UoPeople, but one option would be a UMPI BA Accounting or BABA Accounting at a total cost of less than $4k if you transfer in 90 credits from Sophia, Study.com, and InstantCert. If you happen to live in a state where all you need is a minimum number of credits, that potentially bumps the cost of a UMPI degree up to $5k-$6k, depending on how long it takes you to get through the classes.

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Un...esque_Isle
https://online.umpi.edu/programs/
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Thank you so much, I am now looking into UMPI BA Accounting and transfering credit
Do you have any credits right now or would you be starting from scratch?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

(12-22-2021, 09:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Do you have any credits right now or would you be starting from scratch?

None, I am doing research using the forum to find places I can take credit and course equivalent.
@Ebukaz, it might be easier for you to review this post and update the thread with more details. Having more information would help us determine what might be a recommended course of action for your particular situation. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid335173

If you're starting from scratch with 0 credits, you might as well start with Sophia.org and take as many courses that can apply to your degree or school of choice. Here's an example list: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-22-2021, 10:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Ebukaz, it might be easier for you to review this post and update the thread with more details.  Having more information would help us determine what might be a recommended course of action for your particular situation.  Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid335173

If you're starting from scratch with 0 credits, you might as well start with Sophia.org and take as many courses that can apply to your degree or school of choice.  Here's an example list:  https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Thank you so much, i am not sure if i should update the main post or start a new a new one.

Your Location: United states, CA
Your Age: 24
What kind of degree do you want?: Accounting or any business degree to lead me to get CPA certification and i am looking to accelreate and finish early as i can
Current Regional Accredited Credits:None fresh start 
Any certifications or military experience? None
Note: i am now looking at B.A In Accounting degree at ONLINE.UMPI.EDU 
U should check with the state you will apply for CPA
Just keep in mind your degree most probably must be from RA University not NA ( which UoP is)
And some states, looking at you, South Carolina, won’t accept alternative credits other than AP and CLEP. So make your plan now.
(12-23-2021, 01:17 PM)Courcelles Wrote: And some states, looking at you, South Carolina, won’t accept alternative credits other than AP and CLEP. So make your plan now.

Hey, no bashing SC!! It's certainly not the only state to not accept alt credit...

BTW, I'm looking and I don't see where it says that they won't take Alt credit, although you do have to have an RA degree. Where are you seeing that alt-credit is not accepted?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 448 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,537 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 423 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,959 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,463 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,472 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,628 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 780 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 2,005 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Teen walks at graduation after completing doctoral degree at 17 lisarox 9 894 05-17-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy