Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
If you could list out the Penn Foster transfers, I'm sure that'd be useful to some students.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
These (attached) are the Penn Foster classes that transferred in. This is every class I took at PF (I had transfer credits for the remaining requirements) for their AA in Graphic Design ( completed 10 years ago). HUM 102, ENG 121, and ENG 103 are ACE-approved. The rest are not ACE so I thought it was a long shot to even send in the transcript. I did not ask for credit for UMPI's HUM 103 despite having a ton of classes that should qualify. I need HUM 103 to meet the 10 class minimum, or at least it seems like an easy way to fulfill that minimum.

Attached Files
.pdf   PennFoster-UMPI.pdf (Size: 82.98 KB / Downloads: 35)
BA History & Political Science - History Concentration - UMPI - 2021
Done- Waiting for degree conferral 

AA Graphic Design - Penn Foster - 2010 
[-] The following 2 users Like TMcClary's post:
  • NoStudentNoCry, rachel83az
(08-16-2021, 11:30 AM)ashkir Wrote: Can you please update the first post of this thread with the calendar of events like I've done to the previous 5 I created?

Fall 1 will be between Monday August 30, 2021 and end on Friday October 22, 2021. This is a total of 53 days this time (7.5 weeks, with .5 reserved for the final grading). You do get to submit finals on the last day and if they're graded after the term ends, you still get credit for them. If you haven't signed up for UMPI yet the deadline for the next session will be October 11th to join us in Fall 2 beginning, October 25th.

The system doesn't allow me to edit my post... 
Maybe mods can do that? Rachel, would you mind fixing my post?
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(08-16-2021, 04:41 PM)TMcClary Wrote: Hello everyone! I have lurked and read all the posts about UMPI. They have been so helpful. I used to be pretty active on this forum a decade or so ago under another forgotten user name when I was homeschooling my now-adult kids and earning credits for myself when I could.

I am all set to enroll for Fall 1 as a History major. I had a few emails with Jessica to get my credits straightened out. I only need the minimum 10 classes. I ended up with 149 transfer credits Smile It will take me two terms because of class availability. I should be enrolled in my first classes in a day or two and ready for the start on the 30th.

Everyone else seems to be a Business major of some variety. Are there any other History majors here?

I have a few transfer equivalencies from APUS and Penn Foster is anyone is interested in me listing them out.
Hi. I'm doing the BLS, but one of my minors required a lot of History classes, so I took a bunch this session. The History professors I've had so far are amazing. Very quick and helpful with giving feedback. Best of luck!
(08-17-2021, 09:03 AM)nmnyc11 Wrote: The History professors I've had so far are amazing. Very quick and helpful with giving feedback. Best of luck!

That is good to hear. Six of my 10 classes are History. The PowerPoint presentation finals make me a little nervous. I can bust out a 20-page or longer research paper with confidence but I am not sure what a PP presentation project for a class should even look like. I am hoping there are examples.
BA History & Political Science - History Concentration - UMPI - 2021
Done- Waiting for degree conferral 

AA Graphic Design - Penn Foster - 2010 
I did around 8 POS/HIS upper level electives. Three of which were PP for the finals. For me there were no examples provided, just instructions. You get a chance to submit a draft so your professor can advise you on anything that needs to be changed. This was my experience during spring session 2/summer session 1.
(08-17-2021, 09:03 AM)nmnyc11 Wrote: Hi. I'm doing the BLS, but one of my minors required a lot of History classes, so I took a bunch this session. The History professors I've had so far are amazing. Very quick and helpful with giving feedback. Best of luck!

What minor are you taking that has history courses at UMPI? Just curious since none of the minors listed on the website have history courses.
(08-17-2021, 12:24 PM)TMcClary Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 09:03 AM)nmnyc11 Wrote: The History professors I've had so far are amazing. Very quick and helpful with giving feedback. Best of luck!

That is good to hear. Six of my 10 classes are History. The PowerPoint presentation finals make me a little nervous. I can bust out a 20-page or longer research paper with confidence but I am not sure what a PP presentation project for a class should even look like. I am hoping there are examples.

All of mine were papers (some were called projects but were basically papers with multiple questions/sections), but as the previous person said, you can submit a draft. The professors are also really good about answering questions. My history professors were the fastest and most detailed in giving feedback for my milestones and final papers... by a lot too!  Smile
Here's something that is interesting to me. At SNHU I was able to preview content from my 8 week term. I don't like that with the courses that are starting Monday, you are completely going in blind. I like to plan out how Im going to conquer a course and it seems like YourPace doesn't really offer that.
SNHU- Associates of Arts 8/2021
UMPI - BLS- Educational Studies and Information Systems 
Starting August 30, 2021 - Goal: December 2021 

Sophia LLC, Straighterline, InstantCert, Study.com)

(Follow my degree plan HERE)

Current Mood: Motivated, but tired as heck!
(08-27-2021, 06:20 PM)Smilejoelle1 Wrote: Here's something that is interesting to me. At SNHU I was able to preview content from my 8 week term. I don't like that with the courses that are starting Monday, you are completely going in blind. I like to plan out how Im going to conquer a course and it seems like YourPace doesn't really offer that.

You won't see any of the course content until your classes open. The day they open, you'll be able to see how many modules you have to navigate and the documents for the Final Assessment. This is also how on campus programs work. UMPI is an on campus school not an online school. SNHU's vast majority of students are online. They have a significantly higher number of online students than UMPI. UMPI is a VERY SMALL school. 

Keep in mind. All you have to do is read through the course content, complete quizzes in some classes, and write Milestones in some classes. Then you have to write your Final Assessment. You submit a rough draft version and wait for the feedback from the professor. Then you make the changes needed and submit your final version. It's not a complex process. I spend about 15 minutes when my classes open making a list of what I need to complete so I can check off each module. None of the courses are 8 weeks long like SNHU either. You move through each course at your own pace. They're designed for you to navigate fairly quickly.

PS Your minor is actually called Management Information Systems.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Smilejoelle1, StudiousTraveller

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 299 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 19 1,180 10-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,280 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 379 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,171 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 294 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fall Enrollment Deadline - Today bjcheung77 8 574 08-29-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 437 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 813 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 717 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila