Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help Getting Started With My Life.
AdrianPeterson Wrote:Thank you everybody. You have all been very helpful and supportive. I guess I am deciding between three degrees through Thomas Edison State.

1# BSBA in Human Resources Management/Organizational Management

2# BA in journalism

3# My AA degree.

My thoughts on this are that in the end I will need a BA in something. So business wanted hurt. I like Journalism but am not sure what work is out there.
And I guess me being unsure. The AA degree would be the best fit.

So does anybody have any idea how much it is to enroll in Thomas Edison. And how much the AA Degree would cost. Or if its even worth doing. One more thing I would also like to know if anybody has Got there AA degree and does it easily transfer into a BA in some applied field. Thanks again everyone.

Pricing information is available on the Thomas Edison website (http://www.tesc.edu). You can look it up. It is very easy to follow.

My advice to you is to pursue a degree in something that you are interested in learning more about.

There is nothing wrong with taking traditional (or online) courses, in addition to testing out. While you CAN test out of all (or the majority) of your degree requirements at one of the "Big 3", you could mix it up a bit and take some courses at a local college (you work the night shift, so this shouldn't be an issue) or online. Then, follow lrgaul's advice, and CLEP out of the courses that are not you find less interesting.

Good luck!

- Tom
Hello again everyone. Currently I passed two FEMA tests. And I have reached a crossroads. I am finally deciding a Major. My two choices are Bachelor of arts in communication or Bachelor of arts in Computer Science. I feel like the one with a concentration in communication sounds like a great skill to have for business employment. I also would like to do a Bachelor of arts in Education but i cant find one.

Does anybody know if there is a degree program from any of the big three to be a teacher.

One more question. For those of you that have taken FEMA tests. It says that FEMA needs to send tesc a transcript to recieve credit. My question is that. all they did was email me my test results. and send i would not get them mailed to me. Does FEMA keep record?
Yes, FEMA does keep a record of the courses you pass.

Transcript request form:

http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/downloads/tranrqst1.pdf
[SIZE="1"]CLEP exams passed:
Management, Accounting, Marketing, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

DSST exams passed:
Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Statistics, Management Information Systems

Earned:
B.A. in Business Administration: Technology Management from Saint Leo University

M.S. in Leadership: Business Ethics from Duquesne University [/SIZE]
Also, there are also 3 additional 1 credit course availible from the National Fire Academy that are availible for free online. They too are independent study. They count as Free Electives the same way FEMA courses do.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP exams passed:
Management, Accounting, Marketing, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

DSST exams passed:
Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Statistics, Management Information Systems

Earned:
B.A. in Business Administration: Technology Management from Saint Leo University

M.S. in Leadership: Business Ethics from Duquesne University [/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You've been reading wrong all your life. How to read 1000 pages a day. LevelUP 2 495 04-17-2024, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Worldwide Education Services (WES) Shelf life? nyrsimon 3 486 04-02-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: nyrsimon
  Life Experience degree from the Mexican Government itself elcastor21 6 936 09-13-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  From life in prison to law school - Full Ride Scholarship bjcheung77 0 504 09-20-2022, 12:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Woman Serving Life in Prison Admitted to Law School bluebooger 11 1,924 09-01-2022, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Abandoned Hymns Bring New Life to Our Christian Worship Music from Olivet University jacobmark 0 541 08-26-2022, 04:59 PM
Last Post: jacobmark
Question Why People Take SO LONG to Get Started? LevelUP 13 2,085 03-05-2022, 02:12 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TRACS - WOLBI - Word of Life Bible institute JWells247 16 3,583 06-05-2020, 10:36 AM
Last Post: JWells247
  Life reboot, Credits inside, Life_One 7 1,764 04-04-2020, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Life_One
  Getting started with BALS (Template Q&A) CiggyTardust 24 5,282 12-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Last Post: davewill