Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone had an issue applying for Grad school with a TESU degree?
OK I dont know why I'm freaking out about this...but the closer I get to "done" ---and paying the capstone & residency money --the more I'm worried about grad schools accepting this degree.
I know it's accredited.

has anyone had an issue getting into a grad program?

I want to do a counseling grad school program and have been leaning toward California Southern MA in Psych or University of South Dakota Addiction Studies. I asked them what their criteria is and they both said, "regionally accredited" ....but I worry about what the transcript will "look like" to them....
*hands you a chill pill* You're in the hot seat now baby... all you need to know is, TESU is an awesome school...

It is Regionally Accredited. Depending on the program/degree, it has a programmatic/secondary accreditation as well.
That's a double whammy baby, you can't ask for more (well, I will look at a triple (crown) accreditation, but whatever).

Your TESU degree will be better in terms of another degree with just RA and no secondary accreditation.
Having said that, it will not "guarantee" you admission to anything, but will look favorable vs some schools
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Had zero issues getting accepted into California Southern's MBA program with a TESU BSBA. We may cross paths because, CSU is one of the finalist in my next adventure with their DBA program.

Highlight your acceptance whenever you go once received. We'll all celebrate this new chapter for you.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
You definitely want to start with the goal of the graduate program in mind and make sure you meet all of the admission requirements. There are a couple of possible back-up plans, if the initial application is not accepted. You could ask to take the first few classes of the graduate degree as a non-degree seeking student as a way to prove yourself. If that is not allowed, you could ask if you could take those first few classes at another college and make sure you are allowed to transfer them back into the original degree program later.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
For starters, the issue would likely be using lots of alternative credit rather than getting your degree from the one of the Big3. While there are certainly competitive grad programs that might be tough to get into with a transcript full of alternative credit, in general, Master's programs are lucrative for schools, and if you meet their criteria, you're going to get in. One side benefit of this is that grad school admissions counselors are usually much more accessible than undergrad ones. You should contact the school and tell them exactly what your concerns are, and if they say, no problem, believe them.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
bjcheung77 Wrote:*hands you a chill pill* You're in the hot seat now baby... all you need to know is, TESU is an awesome school...

It is Regionally Accredited. Depending on the program/degree, it has a programmatic/secondary accreditation as well.
That's a double whammy baby, you can't ask for more (well, I will look at a triple (crown) accreditation, but whatever).

Your TESU degree will be better in terms of another degree with just RA and no secondary accreditation.
Having said that, it will not "guarantee" you admission to anything, but will look favorable vs some schools

There's no secondary or programmatic accreditation for undergraduate and masters degrees in psychology. Psychology programs will not care that TESU has ACBSP or ABET accreditation.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,462 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 4,028 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,506 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,762 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 4,073 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 3,123 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,609 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,873 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,587 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,781 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic