Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com exams per month limit
It's not a glitch. It's shady practice. I took my exams at the end of the month and now need to wait 30 days. By the time I take my exam I'll be on the deadline for getting charged again. That's not cool. Give us some heads up at least
yb1 Wrote:It's not a glitch. It's shady practice. I took my exams at the end of the month and now need to wait 30 days. By the time I take my exam I'll be on the deadline for getting charged again. That's not cool. Give us some heads up at least

Really?! I haven't taken any courses yet, but thought they provide an option for $70/extra exam
and you can do a few extra a month if you have the time/knowledge for it. I look forward to that!
Study.com - Please make sure that is an option, as that's a deal breaker for me if it's not! Thanks,
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hi All-

According to our current policies, you receive two exams in a 30-day period, which starts the first day you take an exam. For example, if you take an exam on the 10th of the month and the 11th, you will be able to take another exam on the 10th of the next month.

However, you do have the opportunity to purchase additional exams at any time during each 30-day period!

We apologize for any inconvenience.

-The Study.com Team
It truly IS an inconvenience, especially after spending time on a site such as Straighterline which has so much flexibility. My son is on the Guardian scholarship with your site - he is ready to take his HR Management final and move on to the next course, but he can't take his next exam until Saturday - who wants to take an exam on a Saturday? But if he waits until Monday, that then throws off NEXT month's exam schedule and he'll end up missing out on one of the allowed exams. We can't pay $70 to open another exam because he's on the scholarship and his membership won't allow it. This is not how online learning should be. Your site should allow 2 exams per billing cycle - period. It shouldn't matter when a student takes those exams. This system is overly restrictive, overly convoluted, and seems designed to make things as inconvenient as possible for the student. We'd planned on paying for a 3 months membership after my son's scholarship concludes in December, but this issue is reason enough to pass. I strongly urge you to reconsider the way your exam schedule is set up and make it simpler and fairer for your members.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
This reminds me of a dental insurance policy I once had which covered two cleanings per year. Since I have always done three cleanings a year, this should mean I pay for only one each year, right? Wrong. They insisted that cleanings could be no close than six months apart. So I had to pay for every other cleaning. Even if I were to limit myself to two cleanings per year, unless I could carefully schedule them exactly six months apart, they were stretching the schedule out to slightly longer than two per year. There was no purpose to the rule except to lower their payouts.

This is exactly the same thing. No matter how carefully you schedule your tests, sooner or later (sooner with this rule) you will be unable to use one or both of your tests in a month because it becomes impossible to schedule two within the billing cycle. Heaven forbid you actually have to schedule time for study in there.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
It is a frustrating system. Not two tests in 30 days... must wait 30 days after the first test. So if it takes longer for one or another, the schedule gets pretty far off and by the 2nd or 3rd month you may only get one exam in 30 days. I'd suggest canceling after one month, studying on your own, or using SL or ed4credit for the next month, then shifting back to study.com. That way there isn't wasted time.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
I'm a big proponent of Study.com, but this is a really bad setup. It should be 2 exams per billing cycle. There's really no satisfactory explanation for the setup as is.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
davewill Wrote:This reminds me of a dental insurance policy I once had which covered two cleanings per year. Since I have always done three cleanings a year, this should mean I pay for only one each year, right? Wrong. They insisted that cleanings could be no close than six months apart. So I had to pay for every other cleaning. Even if I were to limit myself to two cleanings per year, unless I could carefully schedule them exactly six months apart, they were stretching the schedule out to slightly longer than two per year. There was no purpose to the rule except to lower their payouts.

This is exactly the same thing. No matter how carefully you schedule your tests, sooner or later (sooner with this rule) you will be unable to use one or both of your tests in a month because it becomes impossible to schedule two within the billing cycle. Heaven forbid you actually have to schedule time for study in there.

You could still study in-between, their goofy schedule won't stop you from doing that.

But I agree this makes no sense. It would stop me from using them.

For your dental, you could always go to the dentist and say "don't run this through my insurance" and then your insurance company wouldn't even know. Mine is also once every 6 months, but I go 4x a year, so they always just have me pay every other time, and my insurance isn't even involved in the process.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So its not 2 exams per month anymore? There goes my plans.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

It's still 2 exams in 30 days, just not necessarily within your billing cycle.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 69 45,490 09-24-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Saver - 30% off 3 months portals 42 7,615 09-24-2024, 06:32 PM
  Study.com History Courses lawqueen04 4 248 09-16-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Lightbulb Study.com 5 Exam Limit per Month Clarification Jaymes 2 297 09-13-2024, 08:06 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 497,706 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  Study.com non-proctored final exams Tsanchez123 6 648 08-30-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: wow
  Study.com renewal discount Tsanchez123 1 246 08-25-2024, 10:53 AM
  Proctored Exams Sophia/SL? SebasUSA2024 6 485 08-19-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: SebasUSA2024
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 9 3,256 08-16-2024, 11:36 AM
  Study.com Exam, Accidentally Left Installer Open ExcellentPhoto 2 395 08-13-2024, 06:41 PM