Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You've Got to be Kidding Me
Now I have read several post about the TESC "customer service" or lack there of, but my experience is just plan ole show of laziness. To start things off it took me and entire week of calling and leaving messages on the phone of the regional counselor to get one reply. Once I met him he invited me to his office to discuss TESC. Even though I felt like I had gained a decent of amount of knowledge from this site about TESC I decided to sit down and listen. He "insisted" that I take the paperwork home with me and look everything over (Mistake #1). I went back home and about 45 minutes had passed. I called tried to call him back to tell him that I had decided to go with TESC....NO ANSWER. That was almost three weeks ago, and I have called at least every other day since then.

Does ANYBODY know a different way inwhich I can register for the military degree completion, other than going through that guy?
A.A.S Aviation Operations (Community College of the Air Force) April 2008
B.A. in History (Thomas Edison State College) March 2009

"To achieve the possible we must attempt the impossible, to be as much as we can be then we must dream of being more."
sorry about all that! doesn't sounds good. have you tried e-mail?? they seem to like that. Smile
May not be the answer you're looking for but how about dumping TESC and going with Excelsior? They have great councilors, are very military friendly, and you can test out as much as you like. Is there a reason you are set on TESC?

I'm in the military too...well for another 29 days anyways....retiring!Big Grin
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
peacfulchaos2001 Wrote:Now I have read several post about the TESC "customer service" or lack there of,

Does ANYBODY know a different way inwhich I can register for the military degree completion, other than going through that guy?

Yeah, I recommend that you enroll at Excelsior College.

I enrolled at TESC first myself back in July and they still have not evaluated all of my transcripts and lost at least 2 schools transcripts, which I had to re-order and pay for again.

I received the same lame-duck service from their office. They ended up giving me an evaluation based only on partial transcripts and then told me that I would have to pay extra if I wanted another evaluation with all of my sent in transcripts.

I am still enrolled there and may use their transcript service, but will not finish my degree there. My experience has been far less than satsifactory with no returned phone calls whatsoever. All contact has been by email and then it took a long time.:mad:
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
I concur with Basketweaver. If this is the way they attempt to get new students, I dont know why you would even want to enroll. The "customer service" won't get any better once your enrolled. Excelsior is the way to go, but then again I'm biased. =)
Completed
Bachelor of Science Liberal Arts, Excelsior College
Magna Cum Laude, GPA: 3.88Smile
Associates of Science Computer Technology, Excelsior College
Highest Honors GPA: 3.95Smile
Planned:
MBA St Leo University Aug 08.
Basket Weaver Wrote:May not be the answer you're looking for but how about dumping TESC and going with Excelsior? They have great councilors, are very military friendly, and you can test out as much as you like. Is there a reason you are set on TESC?

I'm in the military too...well for another 29 days anyways....retiring!Big Grin

Basketweaver, I have been watching your signature change quite rapidly. How long have you been in the program at Cal Coastal? It seems that you are progressing at a lightning speed pace. How fast can you get your master's from them???
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
I was told by the registrar's office that TESC had started accepting CompTIA's A+ and Network+ certifications for credit, but because CompTIA publishes the cert transcript on-line versus sending out a hard copy I never could get a definitive answer on what it would take to obtain those credits... I was told to send in a notarized copy of my certificate, publish my transcripts on-line for a counselor to view, but they still couldn't guarantee I'd earn the credits. For Christ's sake, what else do they want?? I ended up taking a course to fulfill the last of my credits. I'm happy to have TESC as my alma mater, but their customer service reps are the least informed and caring I've ever encountered in academia.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
ImustStudy Wrote:Basketweaver, I have been watching your signature change quite rapidly. How long have you been in the program at Cal Coastal? It seems that you are progressing at a lightning speed pace. How fast can you get your master's from them???
I concur Mr. Basket Weaver! How in the world did you do it??? Big Grin
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Quote:Originally Posted by ImustStudy
Basketweaver, I have been watching your signature change quite rapidly. How long have you been in the program at Cal Coastal? It seems that you are progressing at a lightning speed pace. How fast can you get your master's from them???

I concur Mr. Basket Weaver! How in the world did you do it???

I have been at the degree "since" the end of July and my plan is to be done by the end of November. Yes, I am steamrolling through the degree and am getting good scores as well; I'm on track to graduate with honors. I credit Shotojuku with turning me on to the school as he attended/graduated with his MS Psychology degree with CCU.

Before anyone thinks less of the degree, let it be known I am working my "you know what" off. I am retiring from the military in November and this is a self-imposed deadline I have set...plus it's good for me to have a challenge to overcome. On average, I'm spending 12 hours a day working on this and everything else is pretty much on hold. I believe it is a good investment though as my resume will definitely be beefed up with the addition of the MBA in HRM.

The degree is through California Coast University. You can take as long, or as little, time to complete the courses...the caveat is that even though you finish you degree in record time, they will not award it to you sooner than 9 months. I will have to wait until the end of March to receive it, but just knowing it is done will be a relief.

A course consists of 4 unit exams, 3 essays, and a final. The tests are very challenging and I usually end up reading the textbook several times before I am finished. I was able to get 10 out of 13 books off of Amazon, used, for $140.00 (total!); the rest I rented from CCU for 3 months at $25 a book.

All in all, I would recommend the school to anyone. The student care is top notch with a constant stream of letters of congratulation for each step completed. The pinnacle of the program is receiving a diploma that actually looks respectable (yes, yet another EC diploma dig:mad: ).

Three more and I'm done!
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]